2015 SOC 2 - Predictions, discussion, thoughts?

coop
SEOPS

2015 SOC 2 - Predictions, discussion, thoughts?

Post by coop »

This is usually the slower time of the year on SEOPS, and it's even slower with not much action In the basketball section. Figured I'd start the "way too early" SOC2 thread and spark a little discussion and etc. What are your thoughts/predictions on the upcoming season? The SOC had 3 teams go to the playoffs and went a combined 5-3 in postseason. A very solid 2014 for the conference, so what does 2015 have in store?

2014 FINAL Standings:

1. Burg - 4-0 (L - Regional Championship)
2. West - 3-1 (L - RD 1 playoffs)
3. Valley 2-2 (RG 21 Champ, L - State semi-final)
4. Minford 1-3
5. Waverly 0-4

I know the Valley Indians are returning a lot from the state semi-final team, and will have Wheelersburg and West at home this upcoming season.

My "too early" guess:

1. Valley
2. Burg/West
4. Minford
5. Waverly
Last edited by coop on Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Re: 2015 SOC 2 - Predictions, discussion, thoughts?

Post by Piratefan2 »

This upcoming year will be a down year for the Burg, they will always be a tough contender every year pretty much but this year I believe will be a down year for the Pirates. My guess will be 6-4. As the next few years go along, Burg will get tougher to beat. I see a State Champ run the year after next and then possibly for a couple years after that with the strength, speed, and talent coming up. JMO

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

If valley can develop a outside reciever or move romenello to Wr and insert a new te I think they might make title run if they can stay healthy

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I SURE WISHED THAT PORTSMOUTH AND IRONTON COULD HAVE GOTTEN INTO THE SOC.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Was it intentional that you did not list Waverly? I know there had been some talk in the past about them leaving the SOC and joining the SVC. I am guessing that with Eastern Pike adding varsity football, either Oak Hill or NW will get moved to the SOC2. One division with 7 teams and the other with 4 just doesn't make sense.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

4th n Goal wrote:Was it intentional that you did not list Waverly? I know there had been some talk in the past about them leaving the SOC and joining the SVC. I am guessing that with Eastern Pike adding varsity football, either Oak Hill or NW will get moved to the SOC2. One division with 7 teams and the other with 4 just doesn't make sense.
No, completely forgot to lost them...

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

PirateFan2 wrote:This upcoming year will be a down year for the Burg, they will always be a tough contender every year pretty much but this year I believe will be a down year for the Pirates. My guess will be 6-4. As the next few years go along, Burg will get tougher to beat. I see a State Champ run the year after next and then possibly for a couple years after that with the strength, speed, and talent coming up. JMO
Burg will be better than what you think. The year after perhaps.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

wobycat wrote:Burg will be better than what you think. The year after perhaps.
I am sure the coaching staff will have them ready to defend the SOC title. Here are my thoughts on some of the returning players.
-Howard and Burk will be the best combo of RBs in the SOC and K.Newsome will get more carries this year
-Davis is one of the best athletes in the SOC and could take over at QB
-J.Darnell is one of the best TEs and MLBs in the SOC. Lots of huge tackles and several big catches last year
-Hall and Newsome will be the 2 strongest returning linemen (experienced OL will be the biggest hurdle)
-Henderson made some huge plays on D as a soph.

Grandma
Waterboy

Post by Grandma »

I think coop got it right on the predictions. Valley will be a tough team this year

Grandma
Waterboy

Post by Grandma »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:I SURE WISHED THAT PORTSMOUTH AND IRONTON COULD HAVE GOTTEN INTO THE SOC.

That would be a beautiful thing to see

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I think burg will repeat. Valley will have the same team minus their wideout. They did win the region but I feel burg would have done the same in that region. West is unknown but minford may be the sleeper. They have a good junior class.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Anyone know who the 2 kids who transferred to valley from Minford in the last week one is a sophomore and one is a junior I guess they are cousins

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

I'm probably stating the obvious but Valley's key down the stretch was in their defense. They really came on in the second half of the season. The SOC II will have great games/matchups virtually every week. Win and/or lose, you gotta love what the league has become. The Siders gained a lot of confidence last year and that may be the springboard they needed to get things rolling in the off season. If so, they could be a force under the second year coaching staff. I think the league is wide open. I personally don't put much stock in last year's gains/losses but you gotta like the Indian's chances. I'm concerned with the depth they have but Darren has a way of developing younger kids and I expect nothing will change this year.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Whoever has the most talent in 2015 wins. #smallhighschoolproblems :lol: :lol:

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

This should be a great year for SOCII football. My guess Valley has to be the favorite only losing 2 players to graduation. Minford has talented Jr. and Soph classes returning. W'burg along with West will always be in the running. I have no idea what to expect from Waverly in 2015.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Valley wins it this year.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly should be improved and when you come to Raidager Field this year you won't have to worry about it being a "Mud Bowl".

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

smurray wrote:Waverly should be improved and when you come to Raidager Field this year you won't have to worry about it being a "Mud Bowl".
Turf?!?

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

The largest school enrollment wise, Minford, is slowly becoming a basketball school. The Portsmouth Trojans of the SOC II. Tough time fielding a decent football team but can shoot the round ball...Whatever...to each their own.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: j/k...

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Chicken_coop,
Yes, installation should begin in April.

Return to “Football”