TVC Ohio Coach of the year

athens78
All State

TVC Ohio Coach of the year

Post by athens78 »

Wanted to say congrats to Coach Penrod and Coach Boston on being the Co-Coach of the year in the TVC. Well deserved by both.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: TVC Ohio Coach of the year

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats to these two fine coaches.

Not putting anyone down here but the Athens coach sort of comes out like any Ohio State coach. They keep winning and the coach of the year goes to another Ohio Coach.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

noreply66 wrote:Congrats to these two fine coaches.

Not putting anyone down here but the Athens coach sort of comes out like any Ohio State coach. They keep winning and the coach of the year goes to another Ohio Coach.
I'm guessing coach Adams is quite content with all the hardware he has taken home at the district and state levels the past few years. What coach Penrod did at Alex was very deserving. Coach Boston had a great year too.

These league awards are always a little awkward. Austin Downs was DVII offensive co-PLAYER OF THE YEAR in the state of Ohio, and wasn't even offensive player of the year in the TVC-Hocking. Go figure.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

About on the same level as Joe Burrow not winning Gridiron glory player of the year. Everyone knows Ryan Adams and Joe Burrow were far above the rest this year

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

RAIDER6309 wrote:About on the same level as Joe Burrow not winning Gridiron glory player of the year. Everyone knows Ryan Adams and Joe Burrow were far above the rest this year
Didn't see the last couple Gridiron Glory shows who finished with this award?

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Jackson swept the honors noreply,coach and poy awards, Athens offense finished dead last in voting :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

C-Bolt wrote:Jackson swept the honors noreply,coach and poy awards, Athens offense finished dead last in voting :lol:

What did they have some of these boxing judges?

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Well according to an Ohio Division AD Coach Adams didn't even show up to the meeting, which is a 100.00 fine. Plus it's easy to win when you have so much talent and are expected to win. Boston and Penrod exceed expectations with far less. Coach of the year should be about that not just who wins the league. I'm not a fan of how they do all TVC teams wherer first place is guaranteed this many spots, second this many and so on. Maybe the 7th or 8th player on the first place team isn't better than a player from another team? Personally I'm not a fan of individual awards period but really not a fan of participation awards which this has become.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I agree with most of what you said, except NY exceeding expectations. That was a darn good football team with a lot of good football players. They proved that in the playoffs versus Valley.

Not sure its 'easy' to win with talent either. I've seen many of coaches in many of sports not meet expectations with their respective teams. The fact Athens beat teams bigger, stronger and faster than it during the playoff run; I think proved what kind of coaching the Bulldogs have.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

RAIDER6309 wrote:About on the same level as Joe Burrow not winning Gridiron glory player of the year. Everyone knows Ryan Adams and Joe Burrow were far above the rest this year
I bet he gets a tear in his eye everytime he is thinking about not winning Gridiron Glory POY while shinning his Mr Football trophy..........

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Great answer O and B. hahaahahahaahahaha

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Good luck to Coach Adams next season and to Burrow at Ohio State............

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Adams should have been the outright. Athens beat 3 of the greatest programs in Ohio. Beat the 2 time defending state champ on a come back win. Lost one of the greatest Ohio championship games ever to a team that dressed 3 times as many boys as Athens. Its a shame the TVC would do that to Athens for two coaches who had average seasons. No one really thought Athens had the horses to win region 9. They over performed

NYF
Freshman Team

Post by NYF »

TVC awards are not based on non-league or playoff results. Awards are based on league results only. POY follows those same guidelines. I don't think anyone is saying he isn't a good coach. I would say district and state coach of the year for div 3 should go to him based on his playoff results. If they win next year I am 100% positive he will get. 23 seniors leave the program with 3 d1 kids. Yep if they win the league after losing that much talent it's easily his award.

NYF
Freshman Team

Post by NYF »

This is not the first time a coach didn't win the award for winning the league. I believe Arno won it or shared it a few years back.

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

I also heard that the coach did not even show up for the voting, which also means he did not vote on the POY awards. Not sure why any coach would not show up and vote for the kids!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

TheBarlowBandit wrote:I also heard that the coach did not even show up for the voting, which also means he did not vote on the POY awards. Not sure why any coach would not show up and vote for the kids!
Athens was playing for a state title. Hard to make time. Alexander and Nelsonville had good seasons but no offense but average seasons to what Athens did for the TVC. Hard to believe 5-5 Alexander and 7-3 Nelsonville is more impressive than 14-1 Athens
Last edited by Raider6309 on Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Congrats to Coach Penrod. Looking for big things in the years ahead.

NYF
Freshman Team

Post by NYF »

Not trying to beat a dead horse. But league awards don't take non league and playoff results into account. Athens had an amazing year. No doubt about it. Did he deserve TVC coach of the year? without a doubt he did. But the coaches vote on it. Usually the all league meeting is the weekend of week 10. Maybe it's not now but it used to be.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

RAIDER6309 wrote:
TheBarlowBandit wrote:I also heard that the coach did not even show up for the voting, which also means he did not vote on the POY awards. Not sure why any coach would not show up and vote for the kids!
Athens was playing for a state title. Hard to make time. Alexander and Nelsonville had good seasons but no offense but average seasons to what Athens did for the TVC. Hard to believe 5-5 Alexander and 7-3 Nelsonville is more impressive than 14-1 Athens
Its Nelsonville-York Ahole.........

"what they did for the tvc" really??

Don't start that we are better than you attitude sh*t, next year your gonna come back to Earth.
Week 1 you're gonna lose to Logan, then hear about it the entire season from Moonshine and I'm gonna encourage him (not that he will need it).

Week 10 you are gonna get your butts handed to you by NY at home, and you're gonna hear it the entire off season.

Should coach Adams have won COY? Yes, but it is voted on by the coaches not anyone else...... Maybe if he would have taken his butt to the league meeting the outcome would have been different.....

Return to “Football”