New Head Football Coach at Portsmouth

PTrojan59
S

New Head Football Coach at Portsmouth

Post by PTrojan59 »

The Trojans have hired long time assistant coach Aaron Duncan to take over the position left vacant after Jason Sparks stepped down following a 2 year stint as coach. I think this should have been the hire 2 years ago. Aaron is a great coach and an even better person, well deserved. Congrats coach Duncan, looking forward to seeing your plans going forward for the Trojans.

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Re: New Head Football Coach at Portsmouth

Post by High Plains Drifter »

Duncan will at least get the boys respect, I say good hire.

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

Congratulations Coach Aaron Duncan. This is without a doubt a great hire for PHS. Coach Duncan is very respected by the students and staff of Portsmouth High School and he will generate an interest that will bring the program back to respectability, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Nice hire, best wishes to Aaron

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

OUTSTANDING! I was hoping Aaron would get this job two years ago.Take those reigns and run with em AD! Congradulations!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I am happy for Aaron!! He has served on the football staff for a long time, and deserves the head job. He is an outstanding person, teacher, and family man........and a TROJAN!!

HOPEFULLY THE PORTSMOUTH COMMUNITY WILL HAVE SOME PATIENCE WITH OUR NEW FOOTBALL COACH!! It will take time to make Portsmouth football respectable again, but I know from talking with Aaron over time that he will put every ounce of energy into the job!!

From one Trojan to another, CONGRATULATIONS, AARON!!

rOWDYfAN
Waterboy

Post by rOWDYfAN »

I don't see why it should take some time. Portsmouth has some great players and they are in the OVC now.

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

Defense, Defense, Defense, and how do you establish Defense? TEACH THESE BOYS HOW TO TACKLE......
WELCOME ABOARD COACH DUNCAN

rOWDYfAN
Waterboy

Post by rOWDYfAN »

I would say the first thing that needs to be done is go out and find a weight lifting Coach. Someone outside the school that knows the weight room and football. This person is not at Portsmouth because I have seen them for many years and kids are not weight room strong. This will help with your defense and tackling. Next you need to get your special teams up to a high standard. Too many talented kids not to be able to score and stop others teams from scoring.

If he keeps the same old staff he will have the same results.

ddp
Riding the Bench

Post by ddp »

Buckeye 77 wrote:I would say the first thing that needs to be done is go out and find a weight lifting Coach. Someone outside the school that knows the weight room and football. This person is not at Portsmouth because I have seen them for many years and kids are not weight room strong. This will help with your defense and tackling. Next you need to get your special teams up to a high standard. Too many talented kids not to be able to score and stop others teams from scoring.

Are you available? Or are you already coaching somewhere?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

from fighting tiger country welcome coach aaron Duncan.we congratulate you on the hire. and just in time for the very first season in the new ovc. I'd love to see everyone of the ovc teams now hitting on all cylinders and turn this into a very strong football league.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

the new ovc

ironton
Portsmouth
rock hill
coal grove
fairland
Chesapeake
south point
galipollis

I hope I didn't forget anybody. this should be interesting

ddp
Riding the Bench

Post by ddp »

Does all of the OVC schools have adequate seating? Just asking for someone else that thinks its Important :-)

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

congrats to Mr. Duncan I am glad he put in for the job and very glad he got hired we had mentioned when the last hireing took place that we thought he would be good for the program I think he will do some good things for our kids.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

baitbuster wrote:
Buckeye 77 wrote:I would say the first thing that needs to be done is go out and find a weight lifting Coach. Someone outside the school that knows the weight room and football. This person is not at Portsmouth because I have seen them for many years and kids are not weight room strong. This will help with your defense and tackling. Next you need to get your special teams up to a high standard. Too many talented kids not to be able to score and stop others teams from scoring.

If this is who I think it is he has a great deal of experience at the high school level. At this time he is not coaching but has spoken to several schools about returning.

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

Coach Duncan is a Great Man!!(no questions asked) He is a True Trojan!!!(no questions asked). Get kids interested Coach, Get them in the Weight room and running the old levy(build up those legs), Tackling,Tackling ,Tackling ,Defense ,Defense ,Defense !!!! That's been our Achilles forever...Play the best 11 kids no matter what(Offense,Defense &special teams) playing time is earned in the off season and during practice!!! we have to also be able to line up and "Smash mouth " with teams as well as run the spread. get those kids back to being tough!!! If anyone deserves this job its Coach Duncan , its going to take community support and parents support to make Trojans respectable again . It can happen, I'm routing for you Coach!!! God Bless and good luck!!! #96-99#32

rOWDYfAN
Waterboy

Post by rOWDYfAN »

baitbuster wrote:

I am currently looking for openings.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Buckeye 77 wrote:
baitbuster wrote:

I am currently looking for openings.
OSU77 I think your confused again. This isn't Indeed.com it's the preps site. How do you keep all those sign-ins and passwords straight? :lol:

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Westfan isn't it time you got a real job instead of a self appointed expert on a preps site? :lol: :122246

Return to “Football”