Portsmouth Coaching Job

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Portsmouth Coaching Job

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

Heard there will be a change at PHS. Will the administration stay in house or go outside the system?

noles_fan
S

Re: Portsmouth Coaching Job

Post by noles_fan »

Wow that was quick!

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

If this is actually true who would be some legitimate contenders for this job?

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Bob Shaffer please!

Honestly wouldn't mind Clifford rehired at this point.

Cadogen?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Going outside will be the only way to revive this program. They have been catered to long enough.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

I think we stay inside, Because whom better to mentor these young men then Gerald Cadogan, great man, Penn State background, taught by the man with 409 victories Joe Paterno........and please stay away from the ignorant comments, unless you have followed the Penn State situation closely in the past three weeks, you have no idea what you are talking about, so don't make a fool of yourself

Bear42
Freshman Team

Post by Bear42 »

Sparks resign? Fired? Anyone have details?
This puts a lot of pressure on whomever comes in. You better win in 2 seasons or get sent home. What does Portsmouth have coming back? I know they lose a few of their playmakers.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I don't think anyone knows at this time what is going on at Portsmouth.

Oaks_Fan_06
Waterboy

Post by Oaks_Fan_06 »

King Trojan strictly warned me not to tell this to anyone. And he said, “The Son of Captain Trojan must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the assistant coaches and John Madden himself, and he must be fired and on the third day be hired again.”

Then he said to us all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny the Old Order and take up their XBox controller daily and play against me. For whoever wants to win the tournament will lose it, but whoever loses it against me will win it. What good is it for someone to win the whole league, and yet lose or forfeit the ability to play XBox? Whoever is ashamed of me and my methods, the Son of Captain Trojan will be furious with them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of John Madden's new playbook."

“Truly I tell you, those who are witnessing this will not taste victory before they see the Son of Captain Trojan rise again”

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

FalconFan wrote:Bob Shaffer please!

Honestly wouldn't mind Clifford rehired at this point.

Cadogen?

Bob Shaffer??? Are you serious? Game went by him awhile ago.

trojanbacker97
Riding the Bench

Post by trojanbacker97 »

Cadogan is not the answer either. They should start with a clean slate. Bring in an experienced coach from outside the program and let them choose their own staff.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

trojanbacker97 wrote:Cadogan is not the answer either. They should start with a clean slate. Bring in an experienced coach from outside the program and let them choose their own staff.

Agree 100+%

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

Nice idea but not realistic in high school. With teaching jobs being an issue, you cant just bring guys in like you can in college. High school head coaches are very limited on how many changes they can make to a staff.

trojanbacker97
Riding the Bench

Post by trojanbacker97 »

That's not necessarily the truth in all cases.There are many schools with assistants that don't have teaching positions.

trojanbacker97
Riding the Bench

Post by trojanbacker97 »

The coach at West chose his assistants. They only had one returning assistant from the year before.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I THINK THE TROJANS NEED TO MAKE A VERY EXTENSIVE VIEW COMPLETELY OUT OF THIS AREA, AND FIND AN ACCOMPLISHED COACH WITH A VERY DEEP BACKGROUND. SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO BUILD A TEAM AND KNOWS HOW TO GET IT DONE. I THINK GERALD CADOGEN WOULD BE A GREAT ASSISTANT COACH AND COME UP THROUGH THE RANKS, AND APPEAL TO THE YOUTH OF TROJAN LAND.

I KNOW THE FOLKS IN FIGHTING TIGER COUNTRY WANT THEM BACK AT FULL STEAM

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I think they went outside the area the last time correct me if I am wrong.

trojanbacker97
Riding the Bench

Post by trojanbacker97 »

Yes they did but they didn't hire an experienced successful coach with the resume to back it up.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Where did this Coach come from? How long has he been coaching?

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

trojanbacker97 wrote:The coach at West chose his assistants. They only had one returning assistant from the year before.
The Coach at West brought his Dad and brother as the main assistants to his program. The main assistant is his DAD who was the HEAD coach at LU for years and years and quit to help his son because there basically wasn't any "quality" help in the area. I disagree but hey whatever works. Ptown needs to get this right this time! I would think a lot of coaches would be interested in this job.

Return to “Football”