wellston rocket football program

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

wellston rocket football program

Post by wrestlersdad6766 »

http://www.jacksoncountydaily.com/news/ ... l?mode=jqm

Things don't seem to be sitting to well in Rocket land at the moment.. possibly some big time changes happening.. word is Phillips is interested. Will they take a shot and bring in a coach with proven success in the area? Hopefully a change of tide in the community and program. Hutch has done a good job and does the best he can no doubt but sometimes change is what's needed. Any thiughts?

louie_15
Freshman Team

Re: wellston rocket football program

Post by louie_15 »

wrestlersdad6766 wrote:http://www.jacksoncountydaily.com/news/ ... l?mode=jqm

Things don't seem to be sitting to well in Rocket land at the moment.. possibly some big time changes happening.. word is Phillips is interested. Will they take a shot and bring in a coach with proven success in the area? Hopefully a change of tide in the community and program. Hutch has done a good job and does the best he can no doubt but sometimes change is what's needed. Any thiughts?
Who wants to talk about this crap when we have a lot of local teams in week 2 of the playoffs. What was Phillips record at his previous school? Isn't he at St. Mary's in northern Ohio? Why is he leaving?

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

louie_15 wrote:

Who wants to talk about this crap when we have a lot of local teams in week 2 of the playoffs. What was Phillips record at his previous school? Isn't he at St. Mary's in northern Ohio? Why is he leaving?
Phillips was fired after his 2nd or 3rd year.

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

louie_15 wrote:

Phillips was fired yes, he took this past year off. I put this so called "crap" on here because it made local paper's, and for some it is the off-season. I support other area school's but I am a fan of the Rocket's and was wanting opinions. how come it is ok to put Fairlands issues, and Gallia leaving the SEOAL on here, but this causes an issue?

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

They better do something fast. Heard that a couple key athletes are moving to Jackson very soon.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Buckeye-4-Life wrote:They better do something fast. Heard that a couple key athletes are moving to Jackson very soon.
That happens almost every season...........

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

Orange and Brown wrote:
Buckeye-4-Life wrote:They better do something fast. Heard that a couple key athletes are moving to Jackson very soon.
I really does, sad to see in my opinion. But, for some people and kids it is all about winning not sticking around to make a team better

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

wrestlersdad6766 wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
I really does, sad to see in my opinion. But, for some people and kids it is all about winning not sticking around to make a team better

Why is it sad?? Say you are going into your senior year and have had it handed to you for 3 yrs. What is sad about wanting to see some success and possibly get some recognition by leaving a bad situation?? These are kids that for most this is the last time they'll be playing football as college sports just might not be in the cards, I for one would not call out a kid for wanting to see some success before graduating. Want to feel sad start pointing fingers at those in charge of things and not being able to turn the program around at any point. Kids won't leave if there's a glimpse of hope on the horizon, they're leaving their school, friends everything they've known it goes deeper then you feeling they should stick around to make a team better when they've been there done that and have seen exactly what the program is. Harsh reality but don't place blame or feel sad for a kid wanting a better outcome to his high school football career.

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

"Why is it sad?? Say you are going into your senior year and have had it handed to you for 3 yrs. What is sad about wanting to see some success and possibly get some recognition by leaving a bad situation?? These are kids that for most this is the last time they'll be playing football as college sports just might not be in the cards, I for one would not call out a kid for wanting to see some success before graduating. Want to feel sad start pointing fingers at those in charge of things and not being able to turn the program around at any point. Kids won't leave if there's a glimpse of hope on the horizon, they're leaving their school, friends everything they've known it goes deeper then you feeling they should stick around to make a team better when they've been there done that and have seen exactly what the program is. Harsh reality but don't place blame or feel sad for a kid wanting a better outcome to his high school football career."

Ok,what is sad is the fact they are throwing away years of dedication and hardwork for that program, If a kid transfers out before there Freshman year then so be it that isn't an issue any Jr. High student can go to whatever high school they want, but when you have put in 3 years with what come to be your best friends, then IMO you never really cared in the first place. And I don't feel sad for them they make the choices, I feel sad for the other students that lose a friend, coaches that lose what is most of the time a cornerstone player which in turn leads to staying in the rut of mediocrity, I feel bad for the school losing students and tax money, that money doesn't just fund sports it funds an education for every student that walks through that hallway with dreams of there own.. BTW I did go into my senior having it handed to me the 3 years prior but I stuck to it and was glad because I spent my high school years at my school, with my friends fighting every Friday night and I don't regret it one bit and btw I had the opportunity to continue my football career, but chose getting a quick education instead. the leaving a bad situation for recognition is BS, I've seen more than few kids from bad teams go on and have successful college careers and get recognition with today's recruiting tools if your good and willing to put in the effort in the off season then you will be noticed plain and simple.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I'm sure this is all seopreps drama .

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I don't feel sad for wellston. They rode a VC kid to a win over jackson a few years back. I don't feel sorry for VC either. We made the mess that is pushing kids away. Same for wellston. But I do agree, if they want to leave, I don't want them representing my school, my county, my colors anyways.

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

Well there was truth to the transfer rumors as wellston has had a student transfer to jackson.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

wrestlersdad6766 wrote:Well there was truth to the transfer rumors as wellston has had a student transfer to jackson.

Who?

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Viking96 wrote:
Any reports from your sources on this Viking96?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

doubleplay643 wrote:
Viking96 wrote:
Any reports from your sources on this Viking96?
DP, I have heard rumors of a transfer to jackson but no confirmation. Also heard Wellston football may be going in a new direction which I think is unfortunate and a mistake .

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

The transfer is confirmed to keep names out the player was #14 for the golden rockets.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Board Meeting sounded ridiculous

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

Board meeting was ridiculous two attendees were thrown out due to arguing. This situation is turning very ugly. BOE needs to handle this better and make a swift decision if not I fear it will only get worse many student athlete's are saying they won't play if he stays, while others are saying they won't play if he leaves. It is going to be a long off season either way.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hopefully everything works out in all of this.

People need to make sure they aren't being idiots. You can take sides and have opinions and still be respectful and classy.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

wrestlersdad6766 wrote:The transfer is confirmed to keep names out the player was #14 for the golden rockets.
Yet another reminder of why Wellston shouldn't play Jackson anymore.

Return to “Football”