WK 10 ROCK HILL 2-7 (1-2) @ COAL GROVE 6-3 (3-0)

2trap_4ever
S

WK 10 ROCK HILL 2-7 (1-2) @ COAL GROVE 6-3 (3-0)

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Outright OVC title is on the line for the Grove as well as any hopes for playoffs. It has been a decent year for the Grove and I even though the OVC may be won, I still feel that our coaching staff needs to be reviewed to see why we had so much talent on this team this year and to possibly not be in the playoffs.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Re: WK 10 ROCK HILL 2-7 (1-2) @ COAL GROVE 6-3 (3-0)

Post by Trojan_Pride »

coal grove gonna send hill out big here 50-12

will their be football in rock hill next year is the million dollar question here !!!!!!!!

cg probably be down a little next year (graduating too many this year) and be starting a soph as QB but the following 2 years CG should be good again

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Who's the sophomore? I thought Rigsbys a junior and will be senior next year.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

tigercannon71 wrote:Who's the sophomore? I thought Rigsbys a junior and will be senior next year.
the coaches son is freshman this year isnt he ? (lucas kid)

at the jr high level he was a very good QB

rigsby is senior this year he be done

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Ok I thought he was a junior. Yea, hes a pretty good QB.

lostcause
Freshman Team

Post by lostcause »

The freshman is a decent player but the starting QB for the jv team is better. But we all know how that works...and he's will be a sr next year

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

I would say, save the humiliation, and just call Coal Grove up, and tell them they won the game, but Rock Hill is use to being humiliated, they have been doing it for the last 8+ years.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

TOO MUCH FROM THE HORNETS I BELIEVE IN THIS GAME.
and a redmen squad that is in complete turmoil. the have like 17 kids that want to play and try very hard , if that's what I understand. and it's just nearly impossible to get er done that way. the questions will be many after Friday about the coaching situation, will there even be a football program next year. the kids are there and they want to play football. they have sharp uni's, a wonderful stadium and favcilities, a great loyal following.something somewhere has to change, there is no reason that this school should not have a football program.good luck to both squads here.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I would think CG will be playing their second team in the 4th quarter. Both schools will have some work to do in the off season.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

With the high number( 18 is what I counted in the program) of seniors for Coal Grove and the talent you would think they would be making a run in the playoffs. They also have 11 Juniors. Just make you go hummmmmm? Right now they need a lot of help to get into the playoffs.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Rock Hill needs to make a change and a quick one before no kids ever want to play football there again.

Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

A number of Grove fans are disappointed with this season. But I understand the head coach thinks they are having a good year. I guess if you're happy with just another OVC title, well then yes, a pretty good season. But a lot of people thought this year was their best opportunity to make a play off run.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Yes I would have thought this would be the year.

I have heard many CG fans think things need to change but the Coach first needs to step aside and move on. I hope for his sake that the same thing does not happen to him like what went on at Russell.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Coal Grove is a good team, but not good enough to make a run. They probably should have made the playoffs in what is a comparatively week region. But they would be pushing it to win more than one game.

Gallipolis Blue Devil
Riding the Bench

Post by Gallipolis Blue Devil »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:TOO MUCH FROM THE HORNETS I BELIEVE IN THIS GAME.
and a redmen squad that is in complete turmoil. the have like 17 kids that want to play and try very hard , if that's what I understand. and it's just nearly impossible to get er done that way. the questions will be many after Friday about the coaching situation, will there even be a football program next year. the kids are there and they want to play football. they have sharp uni's, a wonderful stadium and favcilities, a great loyal following.something somewhere has to change, there is no reason that this school should not have a football program.good luck to both squads here.
I have seen their facilities and they are great. Their weight room looks like a small college weight room. If they make changes they should find someone that will make the weight room top priority for the whole team. Also I feel it they will need to be someone local that know the people in the community and walk the hallways and the country side getting kids out to play.

PS TB you lived out that way do you think?

Gallipolis Blue Devil
Riding the Bench

Post by Gallipolis Blue Devil »

docw wrote:A number of Grove fans are disappointed with this season. But I understand the head coach thinks they are having a good year. I guess if you're happy with just another OVC title, well then yes, a pretty good season. But a lot of people thought this year was their best opportunity to make a play off run.
I would agree several years ago when the OVC was much better a 7-3 record would be a good year but not this year with the talent they have at CG.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

The Grove and the entire OVC better up their game for next year. I initially was one that thought this was a great idea to put Ptown and Itown in. Now it seems they should of gone to the SOC 2. Better fit. Grove wins this one with ease.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Gallipolis Blue Devil wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:TOO MUCH FROM THE HORNETS I BELIEVE IN THIS GAME.
I have seen their facilities and they are great. Their weight room looks like a small college weight room. If they make changes they should find someone that will make the weight room top priority for the whole team. Also I feel it they will need to be someone local that know the people in the community and walk the hallways and the country side getting kids out to play.

PS TB you lived out that way do you think?
Yes I lived at kitts hill for 32 years , before moving to lake white in waverly, in 2010. I also had an opportunity to coach youth football out there for years. and we were extremely successful. I called every parent that had a male basically, met the kids at recess, had the principals have a couple assemblies at the school for all boys to come down to listen. when I first started I had the kitts hill/hanging rock team-------------and there was another team pedro and Decatur. then we combined the 4 schools into one team. we had a great run, and those teams were in the high school playoffs as well back thenas they got older. so the kids are there, the facilities are second to none. so the district is going to have to want it back. and fully get behind it, or rock hill may not even have a program next year. and the cold hard fact is, they may be in the weakest overall football league currently in the state. and can't compete now. ironton and Portsmouth will start play there next year. and I actually look for at least gallipolis to come over very soon.i don't agree with it being someone local, a fresh face needs to come in there that has been successful, and change the whole dynamics of the whole program, and run a tight ship.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I hope that all the teams in the ovc up their games next year in the ovc. nothing would make me happier than to see the whole league thriving. and obviously the soc was the better fit. but that didn't happen. I know Portsmouth tried numerous times to get in , but were voted out. I have no idea if ironton was approached or tried to join or not. you would have to think they may have tried that option first, because the fans have been wanting it for years. and the gates would be awesome. while the gates at ovc games are very poor right now. actually to be very honest with you. we see hundreds of fans from adjoining districts at the ironton games every week. so hopefully the attendance will improve in the ovc starting next year.because they'll all be in ovc stadiums. I was totally opposed to this at first,and I'm barely starting to warm up to it now. I really first wanted the soc. but ironton and Portsmouth have to play teams from all over the state just to get a full schedule, and ironton still had an open date this season.so hopefully that never happens again.but if ironton is successful at 4 extremely hard non conference games, they should be alright. and if they continue to play the type schedule they are currently playing in their non league games with success, I don't think playing the ovc schedule later in the year will actually prepare them for the playoffs. they may come into the playoffs healthier, but not as battle tested.

anyhoo, I hope this is a good one, and everyone comes out healthy. and good sportsmanship is shown by both communities. to many years this series has been adversely affected by fights and parking lot thuggery. that's not high school football, we're all in this together man.i remember some dandy rivalry games by these 2 great programs and hope that is what the future holds more of the same.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

TB I agree I hope they bring up their games.
This will only happen if the OVC makes major changes in their hiring processes. South Point had a chance to make some changes a few years back but went in a different direction. Looking back I would say they would change things now. Not doing the right thing for the kids caused them to lose one of the best backs in the area. When this occurs the whole conference suffers and the league is not better for it. I believe the OVC will be looking at changes this year and they have the chance to do the right things for the kids.

South Point 2014 Football

South Point 2014 Football
8/29 A Minford (6-3) L 14-37
9/5 H Sciotoville Community W 42-6
9/12 A Boyd County (KY) (2-7) L 14-25
9/19 H Lincoln County (WV) (0-9) W 42-14
9/26 A Portsmouth West (7-2) L 0-41
10/3 H Rock Hill (2-7) L 9-10
10/10 H Chesapeake (6-3)L 13-33
10/17 H Valley (7-2) L 14-41
10/24 A Dawson-Bryant (6-3) L 17-44
10/31 A Fairland (1-8) [5:17] TBD