Week #9 Sciotoville (3-5) @ Green (1-6)

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Week #9 Sciotoville (3-5) @ Green (1-6)

Post by Axe N Shield »

Thoughts...

Tartanblue
SEO

Re: Week #9 Sciotoville (3-5) @ Green (1-6)

Post by Tartanblue »

East wins big and sends the seniors out with at least one last win

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

My Thoughts after hearing the game reports on the Green - ND matchup was pure shock . Shock about the state of the Green program or lack of a program . Hopefully I was told accurate info but Green has 13 players -- 12 males and a female . Evidently they dont have a punter as they went for 1st down on all 4th down situations . And they have to compete against NW and Oak Hill . Not a good situation and maybe they ought to consider giving up Football ?

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Sciotoville by as many as they want. No disrespect.. but the "Continuous Clock Play" may be in order here!
Will Sciotoville be looking to take some frustration out on the Bobcats.. because of three straight losses?

Will they work on their stellar passing attack or maybe work on extra points and field goals in this game? Will the AYO's (All You Others) get the opportunity to play? Who knows? They might score 30 to 40 pts. on those 13 players. If they can! :lol: :roll:

1987 Viking Alumni
Waterboy

Post by 1987 Viking Alumni »

Axe,
Don't you think it is a little late to be working on things? Instead of working on the passing game or extra points, the focus may be better if reducing the tantrums and showing signs of displeasure toward teammates are worked on. Finish the season without any more injuries and get ready for basketball. 5-5 for this team is absolutely unbelievable, definitely lacking leadership!

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

Yeah Green is in a terrible state right now and my heart goes out to those boys and girl gutting out these games and this season as a whole. If I remember correctly someone mentioned the northwest and green game started the running clock in the first half and played 2, 6 min. quarters in the 2nd half. East will absolutely dwarf green in the trenches and this will be a runaway early. Hopefully both coaches come together and work out a similar scenario. I believe Green is looking at 2-3 years from now before really being competitive until then keep your heads up and good luck. For East I can easily see you finishing out the season 5-5 good luck, and by no means should any frustrations be taken out on Green they didn't cause your season nothing but class and respect is hopefully shown here.

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Green does have some talent coming up with good 6-7-8 grade teams . Keeping them all here playing throughout .... we hope so.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

The Green kids are tough just like ND was when they had the sweet 15. They are showing true character and battling when they could just easily throw their hands up in the air. If you look at the Green program as a whole rather than one varsity team this year you will see there are kids at the lower levels and they are doing very well. This hs group needs to know they are keeping the football program alive --- they are a very important part of Green football.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

dirt_cinders wrote:The Green kids are tough just like ND was when they had the sweet 15. They are showing true character and battling when they could just easily throw their hands up in the air. If you look at the Green program as a whole rather than one varsity team this year you will see there are kids at the lower levels and they are doing very well. This hs group needs to know they are keeping the football program alive --- they are a very important part of Green football.
Well put dirt_cinders...

Just a few years ago I remember when the Daily Times actually covered the games and gave these kids some coverage in the newspaper. It's a shame that when our area teams go to other towns and cities and receive more coverage than the "bird cage lining" newspaper that the Daily Times attempts to muster up. My point is ND just had a few players on their team and the paper did a weekly article about the team. The paper would do articles on a couple teams a week back then.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Hi-Lo wrote:Axe,
Don't you think it is a little late to be working on things? Instead of working on the passing game or extra points, the focus may be better if reducing the tantrums and showing signs of displeasure toward teammates are worked on. Finish the season without any more injuries and get ready for basketball. 5-5 for this team is absolutely unbelievable, definitely lacking leadership!
Who is showing signs of displeasure towards teammates or throwing tantrums? Is it among the players themselves? Or, is it coaching too? I don't of course want you to mention any of these kids by name. You are correct though in saying that a 5-5 season is unbelievable for this team this year. 5-5 is considered a winning season to programs such as this; but, when you have a line as big as any SOC II team and a committed Ohio St. lineman in his junior year! You would think that your season would have a much better outcome. When, you said the team was lacking leadership you kind of got my attention there. Is the lacking leadership problem amount the players or coaches or both? I know the team doesn't have many seniors but, then your juniors on most successful programs usually step up and take on the leadership roles and that can then be cultivated by a good coaching staff.

Sciotoville players have always been known as tough kids and usually will tussle at the drop of a hat if they feel like they have been disrespected. They have always been that way and hopefully will continue to be. If a player would make a smart a-- remark to a East player; odds are you would get your teeth folded for you! They use to be a blue collar football team and still have that demeanour to a stint.

I do agree with you about it being to late in the season to be working on things like the passing game, extra points or field goals. It should have been done during two-a-days!
Last edited by Axe N Shield on Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

ManitouDan wrote:My Thoughts after hearing the game reports on the Green - ND matchup was pure shock . Shock about the state of the Green program or lack of a program . Hopefully I was told accurate info but Green has 13 players -- 12 males and a female . Evidently they dont have a punter as they went for 1st down on all 4th down situations . And they have to compete against NW and Oak Hill . Not a good situation and maybe they ought to consider giving up Football ?
I just looked at the PDT preview and at that time, Green had 26 kids. Not sure if they lost that many or had several injuries or what the situation may be.
http://www.myvirtualpaper.com/doc/ports ... 082801/#12
When I looked through that list, I noticed 4-5 names of kids that used to go to Burg and must have transferred to Green. I am not sure how you would even be able to conduct a meaningful practice with 13 kids, that would be very tough.

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

i think they have 16 playing right now.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

Is big boy back this week? I wonder why the hand could not be put in a cast?

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

dirt_cinders wrote:Is big boy back this week? I wonder why the hand could not be put in a cast?
What team are you referring to dirt_cinders? Which big boy are you asking about?

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

Tyler G.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Does anybody know the status of the OSU committed; Tyler Gerald? He missed one game with the flu and another for an injury with his hand? Anybody from Sciotoville know the scoop? Is the kid ok or what?

Is the dark cloud of melancholy hanging over the program?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Axe: I read on elevenwarriors that Gerald is out for the year with the hand injury. Maybe an attempt to get healthy for the upcoming basketball season? Either way, I expected a better season for East.

Hate to hear that about the numbers at Green. Kudos to the remaining kids gutting out the season.*

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

art_vandelay wrote:Axe: I read on elevenwarriors that Gerald is out for the year with the hand injury. Maybe an attempt to get healthy for the upcoming basketball season? Either way, I expected a better season for East.

Hate to hear that about the numbers at Green. Kudos to the remaining kids gutting out the season.*
Thanks Art. That can't be good news for the OSU commit! I know they make a cast for players that they can continue to play! You would think that Football would be more important than round ball; especially being committed to OSU! Oh well, I hope the kid recovers and can muster up a good season with Sciotoville next year! Might consider some other options that would give him playoff experience and possibly some radio and tv exposure as well to solidify the brand of Tyler Gerald! Just a suggestion! I wouldn't think that anybody would blame the kid or try to prevent the guy from increasing his chances.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Axe you make absolutely no sense whatsoever. If I'm OSU i dont want him playing with an Injury cast or not, I wouldnt want my recruit to further injure himself. Depending on how bad the injury is he could miss some basketball time as well. Also you are on here always talking about what the program at East needs to do to improve by doing this and doing that.....YET you are on here pretty much trying to hint that this young man leave next year for his senior year....let me guess you want him to go to a program such as Burg or Ironton. Im not normally the one to get on here and get off subject of games, but you my friend are not only becoming ridiculous with your posts but now also hypocritical as well.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Tartanblue wrote:Axe you make absolutely no sense whatsoever. If I'm OSU i dont want him playing with an Injury cast or not, I wouldnt want my recruit to further injure himself. Depending on how bad the injury is he could miss some basketball time as well. Also you are on here always talking about what the program at East needs to do to improve by doing this and doing that.....YET you are on here pretty much trying to hint that this young man leave next year for his senior year....let me guess you want him to go to a program such as Burg or Ironton. Im not normally the one to get on here and get off subject of games, but you my friend are not only becoming ridiculous with your posts but now also hypocritical as well.
Tartanblue.. what makes more sense? For a D1 football athlete to play his senior year at one of the smallest schools in the state; or to play at an esteemed program as a Wheelersburg or Ironton as you stated? A player of this caliber would be better suited to a program of the same caliber and notiarity! Would he not? So, I ask you Tartanblue.. who stands to benefit the most if Mr. Gerald is to stay in Sciotoville? Sciotoville, not Mr. Gerald! I ask you this.. Will East make the playoffs next year? Will they even win another SOC Championships next year? Will they even be a contender for the Gold Football? I think you, me and the rest of the state knows the answer to that question! No, no and.. No!

To the question you raise about if you were OSU. Talk about a statement that makes absolutely no sense and ridiculous! I have been to 11 of the last 14 OSU Buckeye Football Camps. When I was at Minford and at East. Have taken kids from both Sciotoville and Minford.. during Tressel and Meyers tenure at Ohio State. When, you are a OSU football commit; they would rather you devote your attention to the sport you have been given a scholarship for. Like off season weight training, skill set development, strength and agility skills! Suppose the young man blows a knee out during basketball season.. has surgery; and if extremely lucky makes a recovery. Do you think that any D1 college will look at him the same? Do you think they will have some doubt then about that knee? Absolutely they will! Will this young man's future be in jeopardy? The doors of opportunity will now be limited to him! So, as you stated; "I wouldn't want my recruit to further injure himself"!

If you think that the program there doesn't need some serious consideration! Then, I guess that is the precise illustrated acceptance of a diminished and bush-league program. Now, I will ask the question and will try not to leave just a hint.

Would Tyler Gerald have more and better publicity and opportunity playing for.. Wheelersburg, Valley, Minford or Ironton? Would he not get more publicity playing against tougher opponents.. in regular season and certainly in playoffs? If he plays for a team in one of the larger divisions; would his stock not increase dramatically?

Look it's like this.. Gerald is a big fish playing in a small pond at East! The kid could start on any of the teams in the state of Ohio! He has committed to one of the biggest football programs in the nation! The Buckeyes don't rebuild they re-load! So, why not play your senior year at a high school program that is more aligned with where your future is? Now, if you or anybody else can sit here.. And tell me and, more importantly Tyler
Gerald that he is personally better prepared (athletically for OSU) playing his senior year at East.. then, all I can say is.. STOP DRINKING THE KOOL-AID and you my friend are RIDICULOUS! Which makes you artificial and misleading!

With that being said; I know you have connections to have threads and post deleted and such. But, it would only show your hypocritical self in regards to the truth to this young man's realistic disadvantages by staying with his current situation. So, delete it, have me suspended whatever! Just know.. there are always eyes watching eyes!

Return to “Football”