Freshman Team

Week 9: (6-1) Ironton @ (8-0) Jackson

Post by tigerpower89 »

Thoughts on this game. This should be a dandy

Bucknut27
Varsity

Re: Week 9: (6-1) Ironton @ (8-0) Jackson

Post by Bucknut27 »

A dandy if you're from Jackson. This one will get ugly quick. Jackson in a rout.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

Bucknut27 wrote:A dandy if you're from Jackson. This one will get ugly quick. Jackson in a rout.
you must be from burg if you believe that!!!!

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Jackson 28-7.

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

This one should be interesting power vs power but I believe Jackson has the ability to throw the ball a little more when called upon. I'll take Jackson by 2 scores.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Should be a great game between two talented teams.
One big factor will be penalties Ironton has to cut down on the penalties holding and late hits need to be addressed.
Ironton has improved greatly since the Burg game Ironton can pull of the upset but only if they focus and play smart.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Incredibly pivotal game.
4-consistent quarters has eluded the Fighting Tigers all season.
If they pull that together from here on out; they will be a strong opponent.
I could go into ALot of detail on consistency, but Ironton Fans know the detail this requires.
It must happen on the field.
It will be a challenge.
It can be done.
May Health be in abundance for both from here on out.
Go Tigers Go!

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

A lot of similarities between these two teams.

Both obviously run oriented, and both very physical. Ironton and Jackson will both go into Week 10 after this one a little banged up, hopefully nothing to serious for either team. Should be a very, very good game.

Go Red!

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
Bucknut27 wrote:A dandy if you're from Jackson. This one will get ugly quick. Jackson in a rout.
you must be from burg if you believe that!!!!

Actually from Oak Hill. I've seen Jackson. They are way to physical for Ironton. I see a 21 pt win minimum.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I would like to see Ironton pull this off. however, Jackson wins.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Jacksons D will be to much for Ironton.
Jackson by 3 or more touchdowns.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

I am not seeing anywhere close to a 21 point game here either in favor of Jackson or in favor of Ironton.

Ironton has made some pretty big improvements since Week 1, very big and physical team sort of like Logan, and Logan won the first quarter and a 1/3. Ironton will I think be very much like that but through all of the game and not just a quarter or half.

Turnovers and discipline be a very big part of this game I think and maybe even the kicking game or special teams and the ability to make a field goal or two will be important.

Just my opinion...been wrong plenty of times before.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

all I can say is I hope the young fighting tiger players that are reading this----------that they print it out , n put it on the wall. the fighting tigers play big games all season long.they beat a d2 Columbus st. Charles team that only lost to hartley by 3 points. the fighting tigers know this is a game they can win. secondary play will have to play better, and silly penalties are flat killing us. go into Jackson with a big chip of disrespect on your shoulders and show Jackson that we play very physical football in ironton--------trust me they already know.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

To all my friends from Ironton, I'm looking forward to visiting with you. I've missed you guys. To everyone else, GO RED !!! Play safe so if either or both teams go to State, they will all be healthy.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:all I can say is I hope the young fighting tiger players that are reading this----------that they print it out , n put it on the wall. the fighting tigers play big games all season long.they beat a d2 Columbus st. Charles team that only lost to hartley by 3 points. the fighting tigers know this is a game they can win. secondary play will have to play better, and silly penalties are flat killing us. go into Jackson with a big chip of disrespect on your shoulders and show Jackson that we play very physical football in ironton--------trust me they already know.
No one from Jackson is disrespecting your Tigers YTB...everyone here understands this is gonna be a doozy of a game.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

This is the week we find out if Ironton has improved. Record wise Ironton has played a good schedule but even though those kentucky teams yield wins and points they are still rather mediocre kentucky teams that beat other bad kentucky teams. The Amanda and St. Charles games were good wins. But if Ironton is gonna be a legitimate playoff threat, they need to show it this week.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

[quote="You're Tiger Bait"]all I can say is I hope the young fighting tiger players that are reading this----------that they print it out , n put it on the wall. the fighting tigers play big games all season long.they beat a d2 Columbus st. Charles team that only lost to hartley by 3 points. the fighting tigers know this is a game they can win. secondary play will have to play better, and silly penalties are flat killing us. go into Jackson with a big chip of disrespect on your shoulders and show Jackson that we play very physical football in ironton--------trust me they already know.[/quote

Nice try bait , this jackson team has been doubted all season.
Early season predictions 5-5...
After Wellston = line not dominant, wellston was much faster , jackson wins 5 games.
After waverly = offense can't score , we can't throw the ball
West Jeff and Ready= jackson can't stop the spread
Wheelersburg = burg must too fast. This burg team is better than last years
Logan= Logan has played a tougher schedule
Now ironton = one of the winningest programs in Ohio history.

Jackson has answered the bell every Friday. Now it's well Jackson's good but Athens will hang 60 on them. Athens deserves all the praise they are awesome. But jackson can play some football too. Many think ironton wins this game.

If any team should have a chip on their shoulder it's Jackson. Play hard and punish everyone who dares to try to run on you. Remember all the doubters and haters. And to take a quote from Dan Devine from the movie Rudy, " no one and I mean no one comes into our house and pushes us around"

Go big Red !!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

NOW WE'RE JAWIN-I LOVE IT

IRONTON FOOTBALL
''RESPECT EVERYONE------------FEAR NO ONE''

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Lol I got mad respect for Ironton. Is any tiger fans tailgating ??

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Someone press the fast forward button for this week please.

Return to “Football”