Week #8 Gallia at Warren

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Week #8 Gallia at Warren

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Two spiraling teams. Toss-UP??????????????????

loganlocos
SEOP

Re: Week #8 Gallia at Warren

Post by loganlocos »

GAHS got a big win in the mud last week.

I'll take Gallipolis in a low scoring game, think they have a couple more playmakers on offense. Good luck and good health to both teams. We'll see you all weeks 9 and 10.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

LoganLocos wrote:GAHS got a big win in the mud last week.

I'll take Gallipolis in a low scoring game, think they have a couple more playmakers on offense. Good luck and good health to both teams. We'll see you all weeks 9 and 10.
Blue prevails

Gallia Academy 3
Warren 2

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

I have not seen Gallia play, but Warren I have seen and honestly they pass the "eye" test with ease. Very big and athletic looking group of kids as you would expect from Warren. They always have seemed to have some very nice players.

Once they get into some sort of consistent system like what they have had with basketball look out they will be a program to contend with in my opinion. An off-season or two or three of speed and agility and/or lifting and the "bigs" there in Vincent will be strong and tough instead of a little soft and the "skill" players will be tougher.

I hate to be the contrary one but I will take Warren in this one. This game is one that the coaching staff can "sell" to the kids, a league game, a lot to play for in terms of pride, etc., etc...so I like the Warriors by a little in this one. Think it will be a very good game.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

doubleplay643 wrote:I have not seen Gallia play, but Warren I have seen and honestly they pass the "eye" test with ease. Very big and athletic looking group of kids as you would expect from Warren. They always have seemed to have some very nice players.

Once they get into some sort of consistent system like what they have had with basketball look out they will be a program to contend with in my opinion. An off-season or two or three of speed and agility and/or lifting and the "bigs" there in Vincent will be strong and tough instead of a little soft and the "skill" players will be tougher.

I hate to be the contrary one but I will take Warren in this one. This game is one that the coaching staff can "sell" to the kids, a league game, a lot to play for in terms of pride, etc., etc...so I like the Warriors by a little in this one. Think it will be a very good game.
My biggest fear is that Warren realizes who they can be this week and act like a big strong team, hoping they finesse and don't just play power foozball , Gallia cannot dance with a power run team, always been the Achilles Heel!

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Bevo, I have never understood why Warren has not been one of the better programs in football, you look at any boys sport and they are athletic kids. I know the emphasis has always been roundball, but when they figure out the coaching thing over there, I think they will be onto something. Just been a carousel the last 4-5 years, and I really think that is the main issue...no consistency.

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Warren too big, strong, and athletic for Gallia. Warren by 2 TDs,

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Look for Warren to win this game. Warren can play good defense and if the Offense can stay on the field longer they will pull this game out. Jackson's showing against Warren shouldn't be blamed on the field.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

i think gallia wins this game just like last week by about 10 points. as long as they can keep most of their players on the field.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

GA has had trouble at Warren even with a good record in the past at times ??? I mean Warren always played hard against GA .

90goldeneagle
JV Team

Post by 90goldeneagle »

doubleplay643 wrote:I have not seen Gallia play, but Warren I have seen and honestly they pass the "eye" test with ease. Very big and athletic looking group of kids as you would expect from Warren. They always have seemed to have some very nice players.

This is Warren's homecoming game also. So that could give them a little added incentive.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

To me this game comes down to can blue devils move the ball on offense. If they are healthy they should be able to. then I see Gallia giving up a ton of yards to warren but play just good enough to pull it out.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Big question in this game is Offense. Can the line give Henthorn time to pass, can the line maintain a block for Isner and Carey to get through, can all the receivers run their patterns and then brake them off if Henthorn has to scramble and find an open area to help him out, can the entire offense muster the long drive like the 3rd qtr last week, 18 plays and then get a score. If they can do any of these things winning the game will happen. Defense has been giving the "O" the ball and really not playing that bad, throw Athens out, so Gallia should struggle to score. So looking on a positive side, Warren will fix some offense problem(s) for this one and will score in double digits for the first time in several weeks. Look for Isner to have another 100 yard plus game. Warren by 14.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

kvnchambers wrote:To me this game comes down to can blue devils move the ball on offense. If they are healthy they should be able to. then I see Gallia giving up a ton of yards to warren but play just good enough to pull it out.
Hope your right KVC

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Last winnable game for the blue....

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I hope that the boys don't think so. My goodness what kind of post was that?

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Parkersburg News Dave Poe Says: "A winnable game for Warren 18-14", Six staff sports writers all pick "Gallia" Looks like that sort of a game. PICK-UM. Could go either way. Gooooo Blueeeee!!!!! (Royal Blue, of course)

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

five of Gallia Academy's opponents have posted an overall record of 32-3. Six others are 11-31.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:I hope that the boys don't think so. My goodness what kind of post was that?
Its a realistic post.... Hey, I hope I am wrong but that's the way I see it.... Posters on here have predicted the blue would not win a game, have you called them out? Our last two games are against Logan And Jackson, Which one of those teams will we beat? Put my post on the bulletin board in the blue locker room, maybe that will fire them up to prove me wrong.... Never have been a cheerleader, never will!!!!!

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

2 not dressed tonight so that makes defense a little weaker already

Return to “Football”