Week 8 - Portsmouth West at Waverly

Westfan
SEOP

Week 8 - Portsmouth West at Waverly

Post by Westfan »

Coming off a big win this could be a trap game for West. Both teams have had problems with injuries this year. Waverly has played good football at times. That huge line could cause West some problems.

Is there any of the field left after Friday?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Week 8 - Portsmouth West at Waverly

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Very little. It was a muddy mess after the game.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

What field? It's a mud swamp.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Time for Waverly to get a new field that's for sure. It can't sustain both soccer and all the different grade levels that use it for football. There are turf fields that are safe. And it doesn't make make sense to continue to put money in to the current field and still have a terrible field each year. The improvements that have been made over the last year or so are really nice. Now let's finish the deal.
Last edited by toast on Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

Great emotional win against the Indians, but back to work starting tomorrow. IMO West wins convincingly in this one.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

My team by however many they want. ;-)

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Endzone_Warrior wrote:Great emotional win against the Indians, but back to work starting tomorrow. IMO West wins convincingly in this one.
and how are you still on here making yourself the biggest idiot at West calling everyone pricks? Your opinion is not worth reading.

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

toast wrote:Time for Waverly to get a new field that's for sure. It can't sustain both soccer and all the different grade levels that use it for football. There are turf fields that are safe. And it doesn't make make sense to continue to put money in to the current field and still have a terrible field each year. The improvements that have been made over the last year or so are really nice. Now let's finish the deal.
You should've stated this in the form of a question instead of trying to tell them what they should or shouldn't be doing. Especially since they ARE putting a new turf field I believe in for next season or season after not exactly sure but I want to say I was told next year.

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

West coming off a huge win I can see a slight letdown. Waverly does have some size up front but I don't know what the quarterback situation is for them. I'll say West by 3 scores.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

dreamweaver wrote:
Endzone_Warrior wrote:Great emotional win against the Indians, but back to work starting tomorrow. IMO West wins convincingly in this one.
and how are you still on here making yourself the biggest idiot at West calling everyone pricks? Your opinion is not worth reading.
I say what I want when I want! 8) Keep on talking coward!

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

:lol: You are my definition of a coward. You make me laugh with your stupidity. Good Luck West! Another in the win column and muddy conditions.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Let it go EW. They aren't worth the time. Just trolls that are PO'd because West is improving.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

I am a West Sider and a West supporter just like you. Just because I don't agree with everything you bandwagon cheerleaders say or do gets you all out of whack!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

dreamweaver wrote:I am a West Sider and a West supporter just like you. Just because I don't agree with everything you bandwagon cheerleaders say or do gets you all out of whack!
If you're a West fan then I'm the Easter Bunny.
You may or may not be from West. If you were a true fan of West football you wouldn't continue stirring drama that makes the whole community look ignorant. You may have been involved before or had relatives/friends that were. As a friend of mine said yesterday the prior administration were good guys and to continually bring them up isn't fair to them. Letting it go and moving forward is best for everyone involved.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Greygoose wrote:
toast wrote:Time for Waverly to get a new field that's for sure. It can't sustain both soccer and all the different grade levels that use it for football. There are turf fields that are safe. And it doesn't make make sense to continue to put money in to the current field and still have a terrible field each year. The improvements that have been made over the last year or so are really nice. Now let's finish the deal.
You should've stated this in the form of a question instead of trying to tell them what they should or shouldn't be doing. Especially since they ARE putting a new turf field I believe in for next season or season after not exactly sure but I want to say I was told next year.
I simply stated a few facts and an opinion, nothing more. Waverly is working on getting a new field, but there is always going to be some opposition. Some people don't care much for athletics. Not for sure what direction the new field will take with the recent concerns with some types of turf fields. A new field isn't a guarantee yet but we headed in that direction. A direction that is badly needed and one that I support.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Northwest isn't playing home games because the grass didn't take and the field is supposedly unsafe to play on. The way the field looked Friday is Waverly's field playable?

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Westfan wrote:
dreamweaver wrote:I am a West Sider and a West supporter just like you. Just because I don't agree with everything you bandwagon cheerleaders say or do gets you all out of whack!
If you're a West fan then I'm the Easter Bunny.
You may or may not be from West. If you were a true fan of West football you wouldn't continue stirring drama that makes the whole community look ignorant. You may have been involved before or had relatives/friends that were. As a friend of mine said yesterday the prior administration were good guys and to continually bring them up isn't fair to them. Letting it go and moving forward is best for everyone involved.

Ok Easter Bunny but I would rather call you Windy. :lol:

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Westfan wrote:Northwest isn't playing home games because the grass didn't take and the field is supposedly unsafe to play on. The way the field looked Friday is Waverly's field playable?
Define playable? lol It's pouring down raining right now. Grass is pretty much gone. Sink an inch or two in mud. I guess the game would make for some interesting pictures. haha

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

gotta bunch of pals on both sides of this fence. and I like both schools here.
we moved to lake white in waverly in 2010----------so I want the tigers to win, but this will be a tough one.
waverly and west are both making big strides. my brain says west, my heart says -----go tigers.
but the simple fact is. I just looked at the weather channel for 45690, and it has rain forcasted everyday till Friday. so if the field was a mess, it will likely be worse this week. wear the long cleats ya'll.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

as toast says, it's pouring now. and we hadda ton of rain all last week.

Return to “Football”