Week 8: Valley (6-1) @ South Point (2-5)

nutronron2012
All State

Week 8: Valley (6-1) @ South Point (2-5)

Post by nutronron2012 »

Both teams coming off losses. I look for Valley to come into this game focused and looking to start a new streak. I think the loss to West will make Valley more hungry and pull this team closer together and makes them a very dangerous team.. Valley corrects their mistakes this week. Valley names the score in this one. Thought?

coop
SEOPS

Re: Week 8: Valley (6-1) @ South Point (2-5)

Post by coop »

Valley big. The Indians will get the mistakes corrected, come out ready to play.

Valley 48
SP 12

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Are the Indians suffering any key injuries or are they as healthy as they are going to be the remainder of the season? Did the two linemen injured early in the season play at West? A loss is never good but with failure comes opportunity. I'm sure the coaches and the team will refocus their efforts on SP and prepare for the push towards the remainder of league play and the playoffs. Getting and keeping pressure on the QB will be paramount down the stretch.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Valley wins by whatever score they choose!

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:Are the Indians suffering any key injuries or are they as healthy as they are going to be the remainder of the season? Did the two linemen injured early in the season play at West? A loss is never good but with failure comes opportunity. I'm sure the coaches and the team will refocus their efforts on SP and prepare for the push towards the remainder of league play and the playoffs. Getting and keeping pressure on the QB will be paramount down the stretch.
One of Valleys linebackers went out injured against Waverly. His replacement went down on the opening kickoff at West. So Valley had to go down the depth chart a little for another linebacker. Valley will be fine. I think the loss is a good thing. Sure it will refocus this team.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Valley win this one big.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

#50 was out for valley vs west. He is one of the linemen that was out early in the year.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Valley by a ton. Stay healthy for the showdown at The Crown Jewel of the SOC.

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:Valley by a ton. Stay healthy for the showdown at The Crown Jewel of the SOC.
The showdown isnt at Valley. Its at Burg. Crammed up on a hill, horrible parking, sub par visitor section, throw some turf down and call it awesome burg.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Redcard wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:Valley by a ton. Stay healthy for the showdown at The Crown Jewel of the SOC.
The showdown isnt at Valley. Its at Burg. Crammed up on a hill, horrible parking, sub par visitor section, throw some turf down and call it awesome burg.
Get your silver spoon out of your mouth and sit in some grass. It's healthy for ya. I promise.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I think Burg has made great improvements to the stadium, field, and bleachers.

Valley will pound SP and get everyone healthy to go up to Burg, put the ball on the tee and see what happens.

pOiNtErKiSsEsS4yOu
Waterboy

Post by pOiNtErKiSsEsS4yOu »

Valley rolls if they can get over a big loss.

Ed Miller Stadium is very nice now after the renovation.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

See if Valley can do what they did after their last loss. And go on another 36 game winning streak. Its good to come back down to earth every once in awhile.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

nutronron2012 wrote:See if Valley can do what they did after their last loss. And go on another 36 game winning streak. Its good to come back down to earth every once in awhile.
Its hard to believe you have to go back to 2010 in week 10 @ Valley vs Minford that Valley experienced their last regular season loss in the 7-6 when Blake Yates was out with a concussion from the Burg game and yes another 36 game streak would be great.....

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WAY TOO MANY PURPLE INDIANS SURROUNDING THE WAGONS FOR THE POINTERS.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Edit.
Last edited by coop on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

This one will be over early. Indians roll.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

Here4Fun wrote:
nutronron2012 wrote:See if Valley can do what they did after their last loss. And go on another 36 game winning streak. Its good to come back down to earth every once in awhile.
Its hard to believe you have to go back to 2010 in week 10 @ Valley vs Minford that Valley experienced their last regular season loss in the 7-6 when Blake Yates was out with a concussion from the Burg game and yes another 36 game streak would be great.....
Imo another streak like that is going to be hard to achieve again, but again I was one of many who said It would be hard for Valley to compete in SOC2 and we all seen what happened there. :razz: 36 game win steaks are few and far between, but again kudos to the Indians and staff for making it happen.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

The Indians have accomplished quite a bit in a short period since joining the SOC II...I can remember some of the remarks about them being competitive and all the other noise...They enjoyed a very nice run but I also agree it will be very difficult to repeat in the foreseeable future...

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Valley might as well had a bye week.

Return to “Football”