Week 7 COAL GROVE @ FAIRLAND

2trap_4ever
S

Week 7 COAL GROVE @ FAIRLAND

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Going to be a messy one this week, I will pull for my Grove in this one but will say that if Fairland had anyone watching the Burg game last Friday they may have found a way to pass the ball on us, adjustments need to be made this week in order to fix that issue. Have confidence that our boys will be ready for this OVC battle.

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: Week 7 COAL GROVE @ FAIRLAND

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Grove will win by a lot!

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

I honestly never know what to expect from this game. There have been years I thought Coal Grove would absolutely roll us only for the Dragons to be the one rolling and then there were years I expected us to win only for the Grovers to come alive and have a terrific game. One thing is for sure, this is always a slobberknocker.
If the history of the series holds true, it will be a high-scoring game that goes down to the wire, and the winner wins by less than a TD.
Given that it's Fairland's Homecoming and the current forecast is calling for rain and temps in the low 60s, I'm gonna go with the Hornets, 42-40.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

It sounds like the Dragons are as bad as ever with injuries or whatever the issues are. Hornets get the W, but a trip to the Dragon Lair is seldom a walk in the park for the Grove.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

The Hornets slays the Dragons.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Hornets

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

I hate to be the mom who has to wash those white uniforms. Fairland's field will be one muddy mess! I'm going with the Grove in this one. 26-14

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Fairland has some nice athletes, but it all my years of watching Valley opponents (and this goes back well into the SOC I days) the Dragons are the worst tackling team I have ever seen play! Ever. I know they are banged up, but my goodness it was bad. Valley choose to work on throwing the ball alot in the game with Fairland. If the Indians would have just ran and ran, they would have put up 60-70 points.

That said, Grove rolls big in this one.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Looks like we will be playing a little mud ball tomorrow night. All the Grove has to do is hold onto the ball and we should have this game, but I do caution, 2008 at Fairland same conditions, Grove was suppose to come in and take game easy and Fairland put it on us. The Hornets need to stay focused and ready to play. I know some may feel postseason is out of reach but you never know, with that said let me also put out there Go Wellston Rockets!

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

All I heard for the last 2 years is when these CG kids are seniors they will be the best in this area. Correct me if I am wrong but I think CG had 8 or 9 players returning on both sides of the ball. Based off what I have seen this year it is the same old song and dance.

Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

game day wrote:All I heard for the last 2 years is when these CG kids are seniors they will be the best in this area. Correct me if I am wrong but I think CG had 8 or 9 players returning on both sides of the ball. Based off what I have seen this year it is the same old song and dance.
I've said before, this team should have been undefeated at this point. But I talked with someone who had a conversation last week win Head Coach Lucas who thought the team was having a good season and was shocked that some people were not happy with 3 losses!

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Complacency has no place in sports!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

docw wrote:
game day wrote:All I heard for the last 2 years is when these CG kids are seniors they will be the best in this area. Correct me if I am wrong but I think CG had 8 or 9 players returning on both sides of the ball. Based off what I have seen this year it is the same old song and dance.
I've said before, this team should have been undefeated at this point. But I talked with someone who had a conversation last week win Head Coach Lucas who thought the team was having a good season and was shocked that some people were not happy with 3 losses!
Coal Grove was not even competitive at Valley in week 2. So, no, they should not be undefeated.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Crab's brother wrote:
docw wrote:
Coal Grove was not even competitive at Valley in week 2. So, no, they should not be undefeated.
Valley was up 21-0 at half due to the inability of the Grove to quit turning the ball over and giving Valley great field position. You take away those turnovers and you have a different ballgame, does the Grove win it, maybe, we will never know but those boys went out there and were as competitive as anyone could be going to Valley.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

docw wrote:
That is how much out of touch he is with the program or we need to buy what he is smoking! :aaaaa12

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

alabama mike wrote:The Hornets slays the Dragons.
totally agree!!! good luck in mudville

GO HORNETS

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

Not at the game, but just got an update - coal grove leads 36-6

Return to “Football”