Week 7 Green vs. Northwest at PHS

Jorge Sandusky
Riding the Bench

Week 7 Green vs. Northwest at PHS

Post by Jorge Sandusky »

Thoughts and predictions? Mohawks go to 3-0 in the SOC???

coop
SEOPS

Re: Week 7 Green vs. Northwest at PHS

Post by coop »

Northwest 48
Green 6

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Good to see this program winning in the second half of the season! Northwest goes to 4-3 overall and 3-0 in the conference against Green! Look for the Mohawks to get ahead of the Bobcats and get some varsity experience for the younger kids late in the game Friday night!

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

The boys from NW need to have a solid week of practice again. On paper, the Mohawks should win this game but we all know the game is played on the field and not on paper. The main thing is for NW to continue to improve and build on what they have done from the previous week. Continue to work hard and do what is necessary to improve.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

If Northwest doesnt let the sucess go to their heads they win this one easy. Should finish 2nd in the SOCI this year.

Jorge Sandusky
Riding the Bench

Post by Jorge Sandusky »

Northwest should roll big in this one. Not sure if they can score with East plus East has some big kids up front that can slow down the ground and pound NW offense. And the matchup with Oak Hill doesn't favor the Mohawks at all, so when you say they will finish second in the Soc, I'm not sure they will. I hope they do, but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

When I said NW would eventually dominate these small SOC I teams people called me nuts. Six games in and you see the difference.
For schools the size of NW and Oak Hill to play in the same conference with these small schools was and still is a joke.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

SOC1: Notre Dame, 35 boys; Oak Hill, 155 boys; Northwest 206 boys; Sciotoville, 59 boys; Symmes Valley 110 boys; Green, 81 boys.
SOC2: Valley, 132 boys; Wheelersburg, 170 boys; Waverly 201 boys; Portsmouth West, 188 boys; Minford, 219 boys. Translation: size of school doesn't matter. It is completely irrelevant. It's about where a school is at in comparison to its current competition and they fare against them. People on here have been saying for three or four years now that Oak Hill should move up to the SOC2 due to their recent success. Where were those people at when Oak Hill went 0-10 and had the same amount of boys in their high school? Northwest has just had a bad program for years. Period. However, I think that's why Valley moved up. Their program was ready to compete in the SOC2, irregardless of size. Prime example, Oak Hill was beaten by Wheelersburg this year 57-7, or something like that. You think Oak Hill is ready to compete in the SOC2? You must be smoking something, and whatever it is, it isn't good for you. Just ask Marion Local if size matters when they're dominating schools twice their size (by enrollment) in the MAC. It's all about where a school's level of competitiveness is at for the time being. For the opposite, ask JFK High School in Cleveland if they enjoy getting blasted week in and week out by the likes of St. Edward, Solon and schools of that nature.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I could really care less whether Oak Hill and Northwest are winning or not. It's not about them. Size wise they should be in a conference with larger schools. Its not fair to a school like Green who dressed 15 kids. They are the ones getting penalized because those two can't compete. If they can't compete with the big boys go independent. Having them in a conference with schools a third to half their size is wrong.

And what do you mean size doesn't matter? Everything from the Divisions down is based on school size including the Harbin Points System.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Westfan wrote:I could really care less whether Oak Hill and Northwest are winning or not. It's not about them. Size wise they should be in a conference with larger schools. Its not fair to a school like Green who dressed 15 kids. They are the ones getting penalized because those two can't compete. If they can't compete with the big boys go independent. Having them in a conference with schools a third to half their size is wrong.

And what do you mean size doesn't matter? Everything from the Divisions down is based on school size including the Harbin Points System.
Green is having a tough time competing with any size school at the moment. 15 boys or 155 boys. Green is consistantly losing to both size schools on a regular basis.

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

i don't think that the SOC I is a good fit for Oak Hill, but I don't think that moving up to the SOC II at this time would be a good move either. That isn't because of the enrollment of the SOC II schools, it's because the SOC II is a very tough conference year in and year out. There are other conferences with even larger schools that I think that we would be more competitive in. I like the SOC II for all the other sports and we would give that up if we just went to another league for all sports. A move to another league for football only or going independent for awhile might work, but probably isn't feasible.

With Eastern joining the SOC I and Nortwest moving down we now have two less non-conference games which has caused us to drop Wellston. That is a game that I think should be played every year. Although Oak Hill has been in the SOC I since joining the league, I do think that it is now unfair to the smaller schools.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

oneoak wrote:i don't think that the SOC I is a good fit for Oak Hill, but I don't think that moving up to the SOC II at this time would be a good move either. That isn't because of the enrollment of the SOC II schools, it's because the SOC II is a very tough conference year in and year out.

I like the SOC II for all the other sports and we would give that up if we just went to another league for all sports. A move to another league for football only or going independent for awhile might work, but probably isn't feasible.

Although Oak Hill has been in the SOC I since joining the league, I do think that it is now unfair to the smaller schools.
Good for you. First honest post I've read from Oak Hill on this subject.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

having 206 boys vs 35, 59 and 81 does not matter? oh please

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Marion Local has roughly 90 boys in their high school, and has won what? 3 straight state titles. Northwest has 206 boys. When's the last time they even sniffed a winning record? A decade now? It's not the size of the school; however, that does help. What matters is where the program is at. If Northwest would've had 10 straight winning seasons and playing competitive football, I guarantee they wouldn't be in the SOC1 right now. It's about the Jimmy's and Joe's, not sheer numbers. If that were the case, then ALL Division 1, 2, and 3 schools would never lose to a smaller school. Just ask Logan about losing to Loudonville. Where a program is at is more important than how many boys they have in their school.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Westfan wrote:When I said NW would eventually dominate these small SOC I teams people called me nuts. Six games in and you see the difference.
For schools the size of NW and Oak Hill to play in the same conference with these small schools was and still is a joke.
Such a braniac. :122245 Sorry just cant help myself. :12224

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Westfan wrote:I could really care less whether Oak Hill and Northwest are winning or not. It's not about them. Size wise they should be in a conference with larger schools. Its not fair to a school like Green who dressed 15 kids. They are the ones getting penalized because those two can't compete. If they can't compete with the big boys go independent. Having them in a conference with schools a third to half their size is wrong.

The number of boys does not matter when a team lines up across from each other on Friday night! Why? Because, you can only play your best 11 players... with that being said; a school with 220 boys does have a bigger talent pool and depth in positions! But, you can have a 1,000 boys in your school and you still can only place your best 11 players on the grid-iron! More boys in your school does place your team in a better position to win games "talent level wise"!

Coaching, facilities, training regimes, school board support, money! And, if you think money doesn't matter... then, why do colleges and pro football teams spend millions on facilities, coaching and their entire programs. But, I think the two most important things to a high school football team is... a solid program and coaching staff! You have these two things and you will bring the boys to your school and get the talent pool.

Of course, all of this is moot of course because in conference play number of boys is not important; competitiveness in your conference does. And, don't forget folks; basketball also determines where you are in the SOC also!
Last edited by Axe N Shield on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Northwest 50 Green 21

Coach Caudill (East Graduate, player, 2 or 3 time SOC Champion & Former East Asst. Coach) and his version of the Double Wing keeps on rolling! Tommy knows this offense as good as any current coach in the area; he should, he himself is a product of this offense.

Can't wait to see the game between East and Northwest! Which Double Wing will be better?

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

Northwest takes this one with ease, Green is having a tough go of it. We can discuss Northwest and East at that time

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

So you agree with me Axe and Shield? More numbers increases your talent pool. Which should, in theory give you more depth and talent.

East is very talented for their size. I don't know how familiar you are with where those kids came from, but East's talent has more to do with the county all stars that were assembled in pee wee. Because of different circumstances many stayed and/or returned. You also had a couple kids transfer in from West because they were friends from basketball and such. East's size and talent level is hardly a product of just Sciotoville. East will be able to compete because of this for a couple seasons, then normality will set in.

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Axe N Shield wrote:Northwest 50 Green 21

Coach Caudill (East Graduate, player, 2 or 3 time SOC Champion & Former East Asst. Coach) and his version of the Double Wing keeps on rolling! Tommy knows this offense as good as any current coach in the area; he should, he himself is a product of this offense.

Can't wait to see the game between East and Northwest! Which Double Wing will be better?
Sounds like something I would put on Netflix to fall asleep too. 8)

Return to “Football”