Week:4 TVC-O Athens (3-0) @ Alexander (2-1)

A-Town Big Dog
S

Week:4 TVC-O Athens (3-0) @ Alexander (2-1)

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

The Bulldogs will invade Albany Friday night to kickoff their defense of the TVC-Ohio championship. Alexander looks to be improved over last years squad and Coach Penrod really has the kids believing in what they can accomplish and this will be a huge test for them. This game should be better than the last two matchups which saw the Athens squad amass a 80 point per game average but the Bulldogs are still a clear favorite in this one.

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Re: Week:4 TVC-O Athens (3-0) @ Alexander (2-1)

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

Do they really have to play this one?? :122248

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I just hope the Dogs pull the starters after it gets to 42-0.....

Their is no need to pound the Spartans into submission in this one.

I'm sure coach Adams realizes this is a league game and their is no need to run the score up to80 points.
I hope both teams stay healthy.

Athens names the score.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Coach Penrod will have his kids ready to go.

Go Spartans!

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

LoganLocos wrote:Coach Penrod will have his kids ready to go.!
Ready or not ... 80-0 is a possibility!

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

From a coaching perspective this is one of those difficult times when you try and find something to say before coming out of the locker room Friday night.

Work on beating your guy every play...at the end of the game we want you to be a better football player than what you were 2.5 hours ago...play physical and do not the emotions or moment define who we are or you are...I don't know which one of those or something like that Coach Penrod will use, but any SE Ohio football team no matter what league or division if forced into playing Athens this year would have to come up with something as they are just too much for anyone.

Good luck to both teams and if you are a Spartan fan take solace in the fact that Athens could clobber anyone in our area, just happens to be your week. Hope for a no injury game for both teams.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Yeah, Athens is going to win the game. (duh).

Don't think it'll be 80-0. For starters, I think Alexander is a better football team than Warren.

thechosenone
Varsity

Post by thechosenone »

athens by as much as they want.70-80-90 dont matter and thats nothing against alexander

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Athens by 7.

That's 7 touchdowns.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

not sure why anyone even opens a topic on Athens and their opponents since until the Steubenville game since every game will be 50 plus and running clock and I really think with Steubenville being much smaller will be the same result. One would have thought after last year Zanesville would have been a game but obviously Zanesville isn't very goo this year after losing to Sheridan and may end up with only 3 wins this year. at least with the running clock people can get home faster to listen to the circus on 105.5

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Not sure if "circus" was meant to be positive or negative - but I'll go ahead and take it as a compliment.

Like a wise man once said, "any publicity is good publicity" - so thanks for the plug.

:)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

athens78 wrote:not sure why anyone even opens a topic on Athens and their opponents since until the Steubenville game since every game will be 50 plus and running clock and I really think with Steubenville being much smaller will be the same result. One would have thought after last year Zanesville would have been a game but obviously Zanesville isn't very goo this year after losing to Sheridan and may end up with only 3 wins this year. at least with the running clock people can get home faster to listen to the circus on 105.5
It was started for thebenefit of you (as if you didn't know), so you can make yet another stupid comment.....

Where would you post this if not for this topic?

BTW, I love the circus!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

http://www.rollredroll.com/BigRed2k10.htm

I counted over 50 kids on their roster. In this case I'd say school size doesn't matter.

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
athens78 wrote:not sure why anyone even opens a topic on Athens and their opponents since until the Steubenville game since every game will be 50 plus and running clock and I really think with Steubenville being much smaller will be the same result. One would have thought after last year Zanesville would have been a game but obviously Zanesville isn't very goo this year after losing to Sheridan and may end up with only 3 wins this year. at least with the running clock people can get home faster to listen to the circus on 105.5
It was started for thebenefit of you (as if you didn't know), so you can make yet another stupid comment.....

Where would you post this if not for this topic?

BTW, I love the circus!!
The male enrollments of OHSSA member schools used to determine OHSAA governance classifications (AAA, AA, A).
Athens 297. Steubenville 250. Poor much smaller Steubenville only 53 on there roster to Athens 49.
I agree with Orange and Brown school size won't matter. ( one thing that could matter Steubenivlle they lost there QB for the year in the Ursuline game)

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Saw this on jjhuddle, the rumor is marion franklin will drop to d4 and eastmoor will drop to d5 this year

Columbus City Schools to Reclassified Sept. 10
Due to the closure of Columbus Brookhaven High School and in accordance with OHSAA Bylaw 2‐1‐6, all OHSAA member high schools within the Columbus City School District will be reclassified based upon the actual number of boys and girls enrolled in grades 10, 11 and 12 as of September 10, 2014. This could alter the divisional and regional alignments for some schools.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

who does athens have after this on their schedule. alexander may be a pretty good team but they are clearly a smaller div. school and i dont see them playing with athens. however i hope athens has at least 1 or 2 teams going forward that can at least stay wtih them to make the starters play into the 4th quarter. it would really help to have a team test them before they get into the playoffs. they are going to see much better competition once they get to the playoffs. i for one think they can go really deep and make a run at a state championship. at least i will be rooting for them to, and to represent what i still consider pretty much southeastern ohio. however its tough to win every game in the regular season by 40 and not be challenged and then go all the way.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Saw this on jjhuddle, the rumor is marion franklin will drop to d4 and eastmoor will drop to d5 this year

Columbus City Schools to Reclassified Sept. 10
Due to the closure of Columbus Brookhaven High School and in accordance with OHSAA Bylaw 2‐1‐6, all OHSAA member high schools within the Columbus City School District will be reclassified based upon the actual number of boys and girls enrolled in grades 10, 11 and 12 as of September 10, 2014. This could alter the divisional and regional alignments for some schools.
Read where Beechcroft may drop as well, if so, that's the best news for Athens IMO.

Beechcroft is the school to watch in the City League, I think.

Brookhaven's head coach took the job there and a LOT of the Brookhaven football players followed. The Dispatch has done a couple stories on these former rivals playing together. They will start slow, but Beechcroft is usally the BEST defensive team in the City League (yes, even better than Marion-Franklin on a consistent basis).

But a lot of Brookhaven's STUDENTS went to Mifflin and Northland (with the athletes going to Beechcroft).

Looks like the "data scrubbing" scandal that involved the schools cheating on attendance numbers is having a big effect and we are seeing the true enrollment of Columbus City Schools - and it's shrinking. Lots of parents choosing to put their kids in charter schools. I'll bet the ECOT (online school) has had a big jump up in enrollment.

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

Looks like most of Columbus city schools are going to realine D3"s to D4's and some D2's to D3's

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I have only three words to say about this ...... POOR JOE EITEL!

lol

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

I find the fact that Brookhaven which was one of the largest Columbus public schools can close and their student body population be sent to other schools and those schools would drop in alignment. Especially MF and Brookhaven who were both at the upper end of the DIII scale. A move to DII would be much more likely (looking at this in a common sense form). And the data scrubbing could have a larger effect.

Return to “Football”