Rock Hill at Northwest (Spartan Stadium)

Jorge Sandusky
Riding the Bench

Rock Hill at Northwest (Spartan Stadium)

Post by Jorge Sandusky »

Any idea on how Rock Hill looks this year. Northwest got a win against Southeastern while getting several freshman and sophmores playing time.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Re: Rock Hill at Northwest (Spartan Stadium)

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

It's tough playing your second "home game" on the road, but what an honor to be the home team in the first NFL Stadium to have a night game many, many years ago! Got to go with the Mohawks in win #2 in old Spartan Stadium!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

NW

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Hoping on a Redmen victory! Hope the temps drop so the Redmen can pkay a whole game. Depth is a big problem!

SV1134
Freshman Team

Post by SV1134 »

Hoping for a Redmen win! They need this one badly!

BurgBalla
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBalla »

The AD at Northwest said the game would be played at Portsmouth High School's Stadium, not the Municipal Stadium? Anyone have any information about this?

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

This may sound kind of unorthodox or stupid, but I think NW could possibly benefit from playing "home" games at Spartan and the Trojan Coliseum, a lot of bad memories and history at Roy Rogers field, and the atmosphere at these 2 places may provide an extra spark for the Mohawk players. New year, new games, new atmospheres, top notch facilities(nothing against Roy Rogers Field) , and just a overall new flavor and approach to football. I see the Mohawks starting 3-0 en route to a 7-3 season. Consider this if NW does win 7 games and does sneak into the playoffs, with the right matchup they might not get blown up, if these kids win 7 games, for the first time in a long long time, they might start to believe, and IMO a 4-6 team vs great competition could be far less effective than a revived 7-3 program where the KIDS are fired up and would BELIEVE.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

RH needs this one if they don't win this game they could be looking at 0-10 season.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

NewEra wrote:This may sound kind of unorthodox or stupid, but I think NW could possibly benefit from playing "home" games at Spartan and the Trojan Coliseum, a lot of bad memories and history at Roy Rogers field, and the atmosphere at these 2 places may provide an extra spark for the Mohawk players. New year, new games, new atmospheres, top notch facilities(nothing against Roy Rogers Field) , and just a overall new flavor and approach to football. I see the Mohawks starting 3-0 en route to a 7-3 season. Consider this if NW does win 7 games and does sneak into the playoffs, with the right matchup they might not get blown up, if these kids win 7 games, for the first time in a long long time, they might start to believe, and IMO a 4-6 team vs great competition could be far less effective than a revived 7-3 program where the KIDS are fired up and would BELIEVE.

You've got my vote for pre-game speeches in the NW locker room for the rest of the season!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Northwest will dominate this game! 28-6!!! Too much will to win in this Mohawk team this season!

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

The Mohawks had a few minor glitches last Friday night but all are correctable and will be worked on in practice this week. IMO, I think NW moves to 2-0 on the young season. Best of luck!

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

The Redmen will be up against a fired up Mohawk team who (from what I hear) played a great game against Southeastern, so even though I hate to pick against the OVC, I'm gonna have to go with Northwest in this matchup.

Northwest - 34
Rock Hill - 16

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Mohawks - 20
The Hill - 8

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

RH gets 1st win of the season. 34-20

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

NewEra wrote:This may sound kind of unorthodox or stupid, but I think NW could possibly benefit from playing "home" games at Spartan and the Trojan Coliseum, a lot of bad memories and history at Roy Rogers field, and the atmosphere at these 2 places may provide an extra spark for the Mohawk players. New year, new games, new atmospheres, top notch facilities(nothing against Roy Rogers Field) , and just a overall new flavor and approach to football. I see the Mohawks starting 3-0 en route to a 7-3 season. Consider this if NW does win 7 games and does sneak into the playoffs, with the right matchup they might not get blown up, if these kids win 7 games, for the first time in a long long time, they might start to believe, and IMO a 4-6 team vs great competition could be far less effective than a revived 7-3 program where the KIDS are fired up and would BELIEVE.
Whatever it takes it would be great to see this great school get their football program strong and competitive. Both schools need a boost.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Look for the Mowhawks to move to 2-0

SEpanthermom
Riding the Bench

Post by SEpanthermom »

This will be a close game, Nw will struggle to contain Rh's outside running game. Rh will have difficulty stopping Nw's wedge up the middle. I think Rh will prevail on their speed alone. 34rh 28Nw Should be a good one to watch as both teams need a win. Good luck too both.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

I don't believe this game is being played at Spartan anymore. I believe they moved it to Portsmouth High School's field?

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

After watching both teams in pre-season and with the Mohawks last week performance. I do not think this game will even be close. Northwest big.

BurgBalla
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBalla »

The game is being played at the PORTSMOUTH HIGH SCHOOL COLISEUM, NOT the SPARTAN STADIUM!

Return to “Football”