Riding the Bench

PVC

Post by MrSider »

Any thoughts after week one ..did u like what you seen

surfsider
All State

Re: PVC

Post by surfsider »

I was impressed with Monroe Central's defense hanging tough and forcing a turnover late in a 20-19 win at UL
Saw Frontier score, and believe Cougars are in for a nice season.
Tough loss for Buckeye Trail at Harrison Central.

MrSider
Riding the Bench

Post by MrSider »

Frontier may not be getting as much respect as due. I mean they put up good numbers on zeps. Obviously Shenandoah is down but frontier looked very poised from little I seen.. Tail just came up a little short. Very young team.. Was not sure what to expect between Fort and Belpre . Seems Fort had turnover issues and Belpre RB put up great yards .Caldwell seems to have opened up in 2nd half . Clark boy had a hay day from stats I seen.Monroe Central got redemption of last years 1 point loss..in what seemed to be great game.Glad its this time of year excited for week 2

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

As of today I would go 1. Caldwell 2. Monroe 3. Frontier 4. Fort 5. Shenandoah 6. Trail. Fort Frye will win 5-6 games with toss up games vs all 3 of Frontier , Doah and Trail. Looks like a pretty deep league.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

Wasn't able to attend the Caldwell game. Sounds like they really woke up in the second half. Have to do a better job of limiting mistakes. I don't have any stats, but was told Clark had over 250 rushing and Lori had over 100.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

EasternDspy wrote:As of today I would go 1. Caldwell 2. Monroe 3. Frontier 4. Fort 5. Shenandoah 6. Trail. Fort Frye will win 5-6 games with toss up games vs all 3 of Frontier , Doah and Trail. Looks like a pretty deep league.
1. Monroe

2-6 it doesn't matter what order they finish, because they all will get beat by at least 30 points by MC.

CN2
Freshman Team

Post by CN2 »

Caldwell has to believe they can beat MC. I've talked to many past players from Caldwell that say when MC week rolls around it is more less a dreaded week. Monroe has had Caldwell's number for quite a while and it doesn't look to change this year. After what I saw out of MC against Union Local I don't foresee anyone in the PVC beating them. UL's tackle is verbally committed to WVU and he spent most of the evening on the ground. This MC line is for real on both sides of the ball. Throw in pound for pound the toughest running back in the OVAC in Brown and you have another PVC championship in Woodsfield. Like it or not, those are the facts. Caldwell has never had the belief the can beat Monroe and they aren't going to beat them in Woodsfield.

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

Just like I felt a one point loss last year to Union Local was not indicative of the Noles I'm not ready to crown them anything after a one point win against UL this year.

Anyway, I believe MC's toughest task is by far this week against Shadyside. The Tigers are a D7 state contender and we'll get a better indication on the Noles in week 2. Not expecting a win, but I would like to see them play the Tigers tough.

With 24 players MC's season can turn on one play and a lot can happen between now and week 10. A couple of key injuries and with the lack of depth the Noles are a .500 team.

MrSider
Riding the Bench

Post by MrSider »

PVC MAN wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:As of today I would go 1. Caldwell 2. Monroe 3. Frontier 4. Fort 5. Shenandoah 6. Trail. Fort Frye will win 5-6 games with toss up games vs all 3 of Frontier , Doah and Trail. Looks like a pretty deep league.
1. Monroe

2-6 it doesn't matter what order they finish, because they all will get beat by at least 30 points by MC.
What..be realistic..30pts bc they have a good rb..you are lost in your team..great coach definitely.. better hope team stays healthy this is hs football n mc roster don't go deep

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

selonmc wrote:Just like I felt a one point loss last year to Union Local was not indicative of the Noles I'm not ready to crown them anything after a one point win against UL this year.

Anyway, I believe MC's toughest task is by far this week against Shadyside. The Tigers are a D7 state contender and we'll get a better indication on the Noles in week 2. Not expecting a win, but I would like to see them play the Tigers tough.

With 24 players MC's season can turn on one play and a lot can happen between now and week 10. A couple of key injuries and with the lack of depth the Noles are a .500 team.
Basically this. If MC can contend with Shadyside, or even win, then the PVC is theirs until proven otherwise. I'm surprised at the lack of depth for MC. An injury here or there could change the whole season. Will be looking forward to hear about how they fare against the Tigers.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Doesn't seem to be much PVC talk going on this year. Anyone have thoughts on the upcoming games? River has Bishop Donahue this week (yes, I know they're no longer a part of the PVC), and Frontier takes on Southern.

CN2
Freshman Team

Post by CN2 »

Frontier will win a good 6 games this year IMO. Possibly more. Weak region, with a few breaks they could taste post season.
BT could be a trap game for many teams. Better than advertised, not a playoff team though.
FF will be your D6 state champs. They had an off week versus a bruising Belpre team.
MC has low numbers but they are experienced and have multiple weapons. Well coached and anything less than playoffs isn't acceptable. With a superb OL/DL, a 6'6 WR & Levi Brown behind a tough OL the Noles are a Week 11 team.
Caldwell is tough. Will win no less than 8 games. Has the personnel to make noise in the playoffs. The matchup in Woodsfield will say a lot about what type of team they have.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Final
Caldwell 41
Trail 7

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

Trail must be bad.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Saw on another site that Brown was injured during the Shadyside game. Hate to see anyone go down with an injury. How serious was it?

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

Noles should roll by River, then show Caldwell who the top team is in the PVC. Monroe has too many weapons for anyone of these teams to stay close.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Predictions - Monroe 44 River 12 , Meadowbrook 56 Shenandoah 7, Trail
14 Frontier 30, Waterford 18 Fort Frye 35

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Bridgeport 0 Caldwell 48

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Caldwell easily over Bridgeport. 49-14 last I heard.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Anyone got any other scores? Waterford 6 Fort 36. Also Monroe 27 River 21

Return to “Football”