Gallia Academy @ Athens 8/29 week 1

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Gallia Academy @ Athens 8/29 week 1

Post by Orange and Brown »

Athens should be the heavy favorite but it's week one and anything can happen.

Thoughts?
Predictions?

black76
JV Team

Re: Gallia Academy @ Athens 8/29 week 1

Post by black76 »

Athens over Gallia no surprise there

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

The new mercy rule will take place in this one for sure.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

In the game of football anything example Miller of OSU a great season can become a good season But the bullpuppies should dominate the blue imps!

Bullpuppies 56

Blue Imps 15

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Basketball score for Athens. Baseball score for Gallia Academy. Next year things may equalize a bit, but until then Athens is gonna roll.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

Of course Athens will be favored, and last years game really got out of hand for the blue devils 61-19. But i would be surprised if Athens scores 61 in this game. I will know more after i see the jamboree game against wheelersburg. if the burg moves the ball up and down the field Friday night then maybe the game really gets away from them again. I don't think that will be the case. I think Gallia will be able to move the ball some against Athens and shorten the game a little. I also think the different coaching staff will come into this game with a totally different game plan then last year. my early guess would be something like 42-14 or 42-21.

Depending on what we see this week i might change this a little bit. I understand the Athens team is lights out better then Gallia right now. But i also think a lot of people judging Gallia on what happened last Year. Last year the whole thing at Gallia Fell apart under that staff. I think a lot of people will be surprised how gallia bounces back this year especially on defensive side of the ball.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Game will be on the air and available on the internet.

970WATH or 970wath.com

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

THATS STAFF how much of that staff changed

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

kvnchambers wrote:Of course Athens will be favored, and last years game really got out of hand for the blue devils 61-19. But i would be surprised if Athens scores 61 in this game. I will know more after i see the jamboree game against wheelersburg. if the burg moves the ball up and down the field Friday night then maybe the game really gets away from them again. I don't think that will be the case. I think Gallia will be able to move the ball some against Athens and shorten the game a little. I also think the different coaching staff will come into this game with a totally different game plan then last year. my early guess would be something like 42-14 or 42-21.

Depending on what we see this week i might change this a little bit. I understand the Athens team is lights out better then Gallia right now. But i also think a lot of people judging Gallia on what happened last Year. Last year the whole thing at Gallia Fell apart under that staff. I think a lot of people will be surprised how gallia bounces back this year especially on defensive side of the ball.
Game will be shortened alright, by the running clock.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

I think the only 2 coaches back are coach Mac and coach Coen. I think that is his name.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

And what is your interest in this game Pot do make such a stupid post?

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

what i meant by shortening the game compared to last year. Gallia Academy will have more then 63 yards rushing. They will not have 20 incomplete passes stopping the clock and hopefully they won't have 4 turnovers. Athens may gain more yards then they did last year. Gallia gave them a short field way to many times. and finally i certainly hope Blue Devils don't give up over 300 yards rushing this year.

In my opinion Gallia Took the totally wrong approach last year. They built there defense against giving up big pass play and they pretty much did that. But to do that they never committed enough people to stopping the run and bulldogs ran all night long in big chunks. It was 7 or 8 defenders first game and a few played because of early injuries in game.

Look i am not crazy i don't give the Blue Devils or many of the teams on Athens schedule a shot at them. But if a local team was going to beat them i believe your game plan would have to be no matter how many players you have to throw in the box put them in their and shut down the run game. Make Burrows beat you. That is not a shot at Burrow that is a compliment to how good entire team is. You are not going to stop their pass gaming. So you make them one dimensional make them throw the ball. You hope you get a coupe of untimely drops. A couple of tipped balls or receiver running wrong route and you get an opening. Then on offense you have to have long time consuming drives.

You let them run then they just do what they want all night. Burrows didn't have a great game last year. he didn't have to blue devils game them the run and they ran all night.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

kvnchambers wrote:I think the only 2 coaches back are coach Mac and coach Coen. I think that is his name.
ok cool

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Maybe Jottings can tell us what is the worse defeat in GA history? WEll....... this year could be the year this is broken in this game.

Bulldogs by as many as they want.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

You run your big mouthed opinions on here Bevo.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

The General wrote:You run your big mouthed opinions on here Bevo.

So does everyone else lol

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

The General wrote:And what is your interest in this game Pot do make such a stupid post?
I have no intrest in this game, was only giving a different opinion to the one above. Athens defense lost what 1 player? Or was it two? Just saying this will not be a game.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

It may or may not be. Just wanting to know what your interest is or not. Thats all.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

The General wrote:It may or may not be. Just wanting to know what your interest is or not. Thats all.

Does it really matter?
He is allowed to have opinions just like the rest of us.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

okay after tonight i was wrong about where gallia is. even if they improve a lot this week. they will struggle to score my guess would athens will lay about 50 on them. i will still be there rooting for n upset but right now a young team very inconsistent.

Return to “Football”