Week 1 Portsmouth West at Newark Catholic

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Week 1 Portsmouth West at Newark Catholic

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Just looked on the N.C. website and this game is listed as a Friday Night affair at Ohio Dominican?

http://www.newarkcatholic.org/athletics ... /football/

noles_fan
S

Re: Week 1 Portsmouth West at Newark Catholic

Post by noles_fan »

Yup it was moved there a few weeks ago. Should be a great atmosphere!

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Newark Catholic looks like a good group in the photo. What does everyone think about this match-up? Don't know much about West this year other than they have experience returning. How does West look?

ridgerunner
Freshman Team

Post by ridgerunner »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:Just looked on the N.C. website and this game is listed as a Friday Night affair at Ohio Dominican?

That’s not the current team photo is it? #7 was the Crouch kid from last year who signed with Illinois right?
Last edited by ridgerunner on Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Captain Awesome wrote:
newarkcatholicfan wrote:Just looked on the N.C. website and this game is listed as a Friday Night affair at Ohio Dominican?

That’s not the current team photo is it? #7 was the Crouch kid from last year who signed with Illinois right?
yep...last years photo

ridgerunner
Freshman Team

Post by ridgerunner »

Yeah I seen that. Thank you. NC was very quick on both sides of the ball last year from my take in the playoffs. Will have to fill a big hole at QB, the Crouch boy was very good.

This coming from the West post, they have a new identity and tons of speed/experience. This game could turn into a track meet? Should be exciting.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Seen west at Jackson 7on7. They looked good but I think NC will be a little too much for them.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I hope to catch a scrimmage or two from Newark Catholic, so I will be able to make a better prediction on the game.

As of now with N.C. has no ready to play QB in the system(From what I am being told by good sources), with that in mind I can see West winning this one easily.

ridgerunner
Freshman Team

Post by ridgerunner »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:I hope to catch a scrimmage or two from Newark Catholic, so I will be able to make a better prediction on the game.

As of now with N.C. has no ready to play QB in the system(From what I am being told by good sources), with that in mind I can see West winning this one easily.
How many did they lose from last years team? I doubt I would go as far to say West would win easily, but coming from you....you almost have to wonder lol.
I do hope West can bring back a victory to Scioto County though, but I don’t think it will be easy.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

How many seniors did West lose? Is Newark Catholic D6 or D7?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

N.C. IS D-6

They lost 18 seniors from last years team.

The would be starting QB played at MT Vernon last season and was all conference.

I think there are 5 or six other seniors playing and starting for other teams, that would have been part of this years seniors class.

I was told by some who took in the JV games last year that it was luck if the team moved the ball across the 50 yard line.

ridgerunner
Freshman Team

Post by ridgerunner »

local superstar wrote:How many seniors did West lose? Is Newark Catholic D6 or D7?
I think West lost 12

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

The one advantage I can see the Green Wave having is, West traveling this far on a Friday after school and then playing the game.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Sounds like West got lucky getting NC this year. Rally sounds like they could be down.

West should have a great deal of returning players this year. One thing for sure Coach - T did not leave and not have the new coach setup for success.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

I agree. He started a lot of those players when they were sophs and freshman. Sounds like NC is the underdog in this one. Good Luck West!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

NC is a perennial power in Ohio. They are a private school and they are always good. They may or may not be as good compared to the really good teams from the last couple years but they will still be very good and very well coached.

I keep reading about all this experience West and it's really not anymore than any other year. We have a few 3 year starters but we are quite inexperienced in several positions.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK SIDERS

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

We have several 3 year starters, the QB for one and the a lot of others who saw valuable time last year and the year before. Good luck tonight in the OVC preview West! Beat the Grove!

ridgerunner
Freshman Team

Post by ridgerunner »

game day wrote:
West should have a great deal of returning players this year. One thing for sure Coach - T did not leave and not have the new coach setup for success.
Yes! Trip was very good at getting kids ready to play. West is the "Dark Horse" in SOC II this year IMO.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Does anyone think the 2-2.5 hour trip after school will have much of a impact on West?

Anyone know why this was moved from a Sat game to a Friday game?

Return to “Football”