Hornets2014

Bad Press
Waterboy

Hornets2014

Post by Bad Press »

Whats the odds them hornets will be in shape for game 1 this year. You need to be ready for the hot humid night you can have early in season

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Re: Hornets2014

Post by Trojan_Pride »

i see a 7-3 or 8-2 season for the hornets.

good luck grove

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good luck to the 2014 grovers.

Bad Press
Waterboy

Post by Bad Press »

The grovers got pretty much everyone back. They are loaded with seniors if we cant win a playoff game this year we sure missing a great chance.

rachel1219
Waterboy

Post by rachel1219 »

I look for the Hornets to win the conference outright and make a push for a playoff win this year.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Looking forward to seeing the hornets scrimmage against the Vikings next month. Should get a good gauge on both teams.

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

Help me out here, who are the Hornets ? Sorry !

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

outerbanksjake wrote:Help me out here, who are the Hornets ? Sorry !
Charlotte :)

Coal Grove

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

Hornet785 wrote:Whats the odds them hornets will be in shape for game 1 this year. You need to be ready for the hot humid night you can have early in season
I seen them play 1 game last yr when my Fighting Tigers were on the road and its funny you make this statement. Late in the 3rd quarter D line was lucky to get in a stance and they stood straight up on the snap only to go backwards, team was passing at will and the only 3 down lineman were linebacker deep , obviously the qb had all day to pass. Worst in shape team I've ever witnessed. Either they were out of shape or no disipline either way I would think there would have to be 3-4 freshman that could have done better. With the exception of a few standouts irontons not had any better talent just the players respected/slight fear their coach and they either go 110% or you had to face the man in that ball cap. and they were disiplined and great conditioning. What I witnessed that night was embarrassing. I hope they learned from this as I would like to see as many teams from southern Ohio make playoffs and get the respect we deserve . Best of luck hornets.

Bad Press
Waterboy

Post by Bad Press »

You are right. Seen them lose first game of year because they were too out of shape they couldnt even line up right the last 5 minutes of the game. They sure couldnt tackle anyone. If they win that game they make playoffs and at least could have gotten to get beat by Valley twice.Well since we are being truthful they were also the worst tackling team i have seen at the grove. You cant play two hand touch in practice and think you are going to be this physical hard hitting team just because its friday night. Come on Coach you will play as you practice

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Dundas wrote:Looking forward to seeing the hornets scrimmage against the Vikings next month. Should get a good gauge on both teams.
Meeeee tooooo. Cause that means it is almost here.

Bad Press
Waterboy

Post by Bad Press »

Got to see the grovers scrimmage vinton . Not a reel good match up. Hornets big strong and fast. D line and o line looked good. Groves lbs and that secondsary could use some live tacling drills

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Hornet785 wrote: Groves lbs and that secondsary could use some live tackling drills
In other words, it is looking like the same old, same old.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

Great group of boys, I know the community has been waiting on them a long time. League champions, :122246 a deep run in the playoffs is in the books! Looking to following a great group of young men!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

CG looked solid last night. Good luck this year.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

I second that Dundas. They looked very good. Executed their plays very well. Big strong and fast.

lostcause
Freshman Team

Post by lostcause »

Watched the hornets practice and you talk about being in shape.. These boys are going to be good this year. Big , looks strong , and looks very fast... I look for a 8-2 Mabey a 9-1 regular season and a deep run in the playoffs if the coaches don't try to play everyone 1 way like they did early last year......
Play your best !!!!!

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

Anyone have the schedule for tonights jamboree games?

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

you may want to MAKE the playoffs first,,, lol...

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Coal Grove has talent and lots of size. They should win the OVC easily and should make the playoffs.

Against West they came out hard. But they are an experienced team that already had a previous scrimmage. That's was West's first scrimmage with a new staff, scheme, and several new positions/players.

But as the scrimmage went on West adjusted. To me CG got "cute" trying their stud tackle in the backfield instead of just playing football. Also they scrapped "power" for the "spread" in the second quarter which I don't understand when you have size like that.

Return to “Football”