WK1 Ironton @ Wheelersburg AUG 29

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WK1 Ironton @ Wheelersburg AUG 29

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

let's get a game thread goin about them fightin tigers and dem burg pirates. always a showcase game.
last year the burg beat us about the head and face, and it was well over by the half.somedays you're the windshield, somedays you the bug.can the fighting tigers rebound this year with yet another huge schedule, and can the burg continue their winning ways and take back over soc dominance.

Ironton's schedule
@burg
@Russell, ky
@Amanda clearcreek
ASHLAND, KY.
@Portsmouth
open
COLUMBUS SAINT CHARLES
MEIGS
@Jackson
RACELAND, KY

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Re: WEEK 1 IRONTON @WHEELERSBURG-AUG 29

Post by RiverRatRay »

Bait your getting kind of antsy aren't you. It's only June. I can tell you this much. I was down by the stadium yesterday and saw some of the kids out on the practice field working out on their own. Very encouraging to see them take it upon themselves to do this. Physical fitness is not to far off.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that's great to hear ray. I hope this note finds you well n happy.can't wait to see the new turf, and the 2014 fighting tigers.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

opening line says its a - 1 game

I am going with the tigers in a nail biter 26-22

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Scenario A: Burg is in awe of our new turf and fumbles opening kickoff which we recover and 2 plays later we score. Then our Defense steps it up and plays shut out ball while our offense is consistent in running the spread and we put up 35 points.

Scenario B: Turf makes Burg faster our line is still slow and weak while our offense has yet another identity crisis as we run spread, T, pistol, and many other schemes. Burg puts up 60 on us.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

tigercannon71 wrote:Scenario A: Burg is in awe of our new turf and fumbles opening kickoff which we recover and 2 plays later we score. Then our Defense steps it up and plays shut out ball while our offense is consistent in running the spread and we put up 35 points.

Scenario B: Turf makes Burg faster our line is still slow and weak while our offense has yet another identity crisis as we run spread, T, pistol, and many other schemes. Burg puts up 60 on us.
TC, the game is at the Burg........kind of hard for Burg to be in awe of our new turf when they are playing on their home field........you been in the sauce again I can see........... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

at 's funny right there, I don't care who ya are.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

OOPS!!! My bad hahahaha!!

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

i'm going with option b, kickin your a$$ and collecting 200 dollars. i am thinkning this is another great game inthe series, however i thing burg has a little more returning, ithink, they will have to shut down irontons tailback who may be the best athlete onthe field, but i dont think the ironton defense can stop burgs offense. could be a shootout.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Victor I think your going to find the backfield a little more than just a tailback this year. Not for sure how he'll line them up but they could be a problem for any defense. Question mark will be up front. If they get that line to working it could be a good season for those Tigers. I like what he has to work with in the backfield. You also must remember he has everything back.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

If I can be serious for a minute.....This team has 2 serious questions they need to answer. The first is what kind of team are we? Are we a running team? Are we a passing team? Are we going to run the spread and forget everything else? What is the offensive identity to this team? They lacked an identity last year. The record showed that offensively we could not get it done doing what we were doing. The second is the offensive line. We haven't had a really good line in a few years. Yea we have had big guys, but we have been slow, weak, and passive. We need some nasty and surly guys on the offensive line for our backfield to do something. I don't know if its the off season conditioning that has to change for our guys to get back to that nasty attitude, but something needs to change.

Going on to the Burg game. If Ironton addresses these two issues then I can see Ironton winning this game, but if not the will get beat and we will be in for a long season.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

they should be a good run/pass team

agree a loss to burg=1 very long season for the tigers(2-7)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

cannon, all joking aside your last comment really hit the nail on the head. we need to nail down some things definitely.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I think the Tigers could be a surprise team this year. If things don't improve changes will be on the fore front.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

My early prediction is burg in a close one.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

With all of the talk about Ironton, I thought I would give a too early to call summary from the other side. Burg's strengths this year will be their o-line and defense. They basically return everyone in those areas. The question mark is in the skill positions. It is likely that May will move from receiver to QB. Howard will return in the backfield and will likely be joined by McAllister, Cunningham or Hutchinson. I expect Davis and Burk to be the primary receivers. Although Burg will have a slightly different look, having a very big, strong, and experienced line on both sides will be a good start. Burg will not put up record offensive numbers again this year, but they will still play hurry up offense and very strong defense. The 18 seniors this year are very experienced and a strong group all around.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

4th n Goal wrote:With all of the talk about Ironton, I thought I would give a too early to call summary from the other side. Burg's strengths this year will be their o-line and defense. They basically return everyone in those areas. The question mark is in the skill positions. It is likely that May will move from receiver to QB. Howard will return in the backfield and will likely be joined by McAllister, Cunningham or Hutchinson. I expect Davis and Burk to be the primary receivers. Although Burg will have a slightly different look, having a very big, strong, and experienced line on both sides will be a good start. Burg will not put up record offensive numbers again this year, but they will still play hurry up offense and very strong defense. The 18 seniors this year are very experienced and a strong group all around.
I say we combine the 2 Teams and bring home a State Championship :122245

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

burg always has tough teams 4th, I'm so glad this rivalry has not lost it's luster. I have no idea as far as a prediction. I predict it will be really hot though. curious how many seniors ironton has this year.

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Ironton wins.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Wheelersburg will be very good again. Unless Ironton has made big strides this one will not be close.

Return to “Football”