Predictions

sider
All Conference

Predictions

Post by sider »

This time of the year is rather stagnant for internet posting. Because there has been no actual football events take place, conversations and topics are starting to become old and recycled.

In order to get new conversation started, I want to start a thread based on predictions.

Pick 2 things you expect to see and why. Make sure this is football related and allow people to have their own opinions.

sider
All Conference

Re: Predictions

Post by sider »

Ill start:

1. I think Portsmouth has their first winning season since 2010 and makes the playoffs for the first time since 2007. Another year with a new staff and returning talent will lead to success.

2. I think Ironton has their second consecutive non-winning season. The program seemed in dismay and their were a ton of identity issues...However, I predict Ironton makes the playoffs at 5-5

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

1st. Meigs will make the playoffs.

2nd. Vinton County will have its first winning season since 2004.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

If Ironton goes 5-5 and does not win a playoff game they will be looking for a new Coach.

Waverly could have a winning season this year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ipredict ironton has a better year

i predict if they don't it will be pandaleria there , with mass changes.

i just hope the first happens and we begin a new playoff streak.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i also predict in 2015, the new look ovc with ironton and Portsmouth will make for a very good solid, overall conference.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

sider: I like your optimistic view of the Trojans, but quite honestly the defense must get MUCH better. Over the last 2 seasons, Portsmouth has given up 34 PPG, and over the last 6 seasons have a dismal mark of 18-42 (one winning season of 7-3, otherwise 11-39), mostly because of porous defense. Last year, the Trojans averaged 26 PPG, yet went 3-7. Hopefully the enthusiasm that Coach Sparks has infused into the program will finally pay dividends on the stop end of the field. Another stat that needs to be told........in the last 25 games vs. Ironton and Wheelersburg, the Trojans are a combined 3-22 (Last year the Trojans won at Ironton 33-20). PHS has more wins vs. the SEOAL during this time than they do vs. the Fighting Tigers and Pirates.

Offensively, we should be very good..........defensively, I will believe it when I see it.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I predict 1. valley will have its first loss in 3 years but still win the soc

2. Atleast 2 west Portsmouth game threads will be deleted

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

1. Nelsonville-York will win at least 7 games and more than likely make the playoffs.
2. Nelsonville-York will lose yet again in the first round of the playoffs.

gobigblue12
Freshman Team

Post by gobigblue12 »

SEOAL

Jackson
Portsmouth
Logan
Gallia
Warren

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

1. Coal Grove wins the OVC

2. They will also win a first round playoff game

3. The OVC gets two teams in the playoffs (wild prediction, but that is what this thread is for.)

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

3 coaches in 3 years catches up with Gallia Academy. they finish 3-7 or 2-8. And win less in SEOAL.

Coach makes all the right moves and uses year to play young kids(won't have many seniors anyway maybe 6) Gallia Academy wins league in 2015..

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Alexander works their butts off make a a really good improvement this season...
Not going to predict wins and losses by no means but I think the new Coach changes
Some attitudes for the better. Can't get a whole lot worse than 1-9 !!
Go Spartans !!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

1. Athens goes 10-0 and plays Desales in the regional finals
2. Joe Burrow wins Mr. Football

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The TVC-Ohio will offer a lot more computer points than in recent years. I see Athens, Nelsonville-York, Alexander, Meigs, Vinton County winning more non league games this year.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

1, Logan vs Jackson for the SEOAL Championship

2, Logan, Jackson are Co Champs in 2014

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

trojandave wrote:sider: I like your optimistic view of the Trojans, but quite honestly the defense must get MUCH better. Over the last 2 seasons, Portsmouth has given up 34 PPG, and over the last 6 seasons have a dismal mark of 18-42 (one winning season of 7-3, otherwise 11-39), mostly because of porous defense. Last year, the Trojans averaged 26 PPG, yet went 3-7. Hopefully the enthusiasm that Coach Sparks has infused into the program will finally pay dividends on the stop end of the field. Another stat that needs to be told........in the last 25 games vs. Ironton and Wheelersburg, the Trojans are a combined 3-22 (Last year the Trojans won at Ironton 33-20). PHS has more wins vs. the SEOAL during this time than they do vs. the Fighting Tigers and Pirates.

Offensively, we should be very good..........defensively, I will believe it when I see it.
Yeah, the defense was extremely porous last year. With the style of play that Portsmouth uses I wouldn't expect a ton of shutouts. They are going to give up some points due to the fast-paced offense. However, 34 points per game is unacceptable. I would imagine that another year of being in a new system will help automatically. I would also imagine them to average closer to the 30-40 point range this year on offense (if everyone is healthy).

With that talent they have coming back and the opportunities they have on their schedule, they could very well do 6-4 or 5-5 and make the playoffs. If they manage to beat the four most beatable teams in Waverly (d5), Gallia (d4), Warren (d4), Hughes (d3), and one of the other teams one their schedule, they will be in.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

1. if ironton uses same approach as 2013 look for a long year as in 2-7 or 3-6 record. (currently only 9 games scheduled)

2. new approach means 7-2 ,8-1 ,9-0 record with 1 to 2 playoff wins

3. 2013 average points per game was in 14-17 pt range ( 1 of worst in tri-state) and must improve to 30+ range or have a defense that dont give up points.

4. agree with the above comments heads will fly off chopping block with a losing season
Last edited by Trojan_Pride on Wed May 21, 2014 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

1. The SOC II will have 3 teams at 8-2 and better.

2. The SOC I will be as bad as it has been in a while.

3. The OVC will regret bringing Portsmouth and Ironton in (This one may take a few years).

4. Athens blowing everyone out will cost Burrow Mr. Football

As for just the SOC II:

Valley will not be as dominant, but with Rolfe and a strong Junior class they will be in the mix and make the playoffs.
Wheelersburg running backs will have 200 more carries than they did in 2013.
West will play more disciplined football and make the playoffs.
Minford will realize they should have put Madden and McCray on the same side in 2013. They will threaten the playoffs and if they make it, it will not be pretty in round 1. They are in a ridiculous region.
Waverly will look like the best team in the league in warm ups. Then the game will start and they will look soft like they have since the Walls era ended. They will be better though.

Northwest (Even though they changed leagues) will still be bad, but they will have a shot at a league title.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

1. Ironton has a winning season if not changes will be made

2. West will be the first team with 2 head coaches

3. RH - Wins 2 games this year.

Return to “Football”