Warren Job

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Warren Job

Post by Auburntgrfan »

No teaching jobs open. So, who in their right mind would want to come to Warren? Hire a lay coach? That is a tough one, if they have a job how will they be able to spend the countless hours coaching requires? Unless they are retired and/or so wealthy they don't need to work. Tough place to be a coach. Hope for the best for the kids. But....... Warren has made some amazing choices for coaches in the past, not just at football. Pun Intended.... wonder if they evercheck references.

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Re: Warren Job

Post by 86LancerLover »

This is the one program that we need to get shored up. Been some long time instability in this program! We need to get someone like Blaine who wants to be a long term Warrior and pours his heart into our community.

Native Warrior
Freshman Team

Post by Native Warrior »

Who has been running the off season program ? Do the boys have the opportunities to improve ?

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

We need to get this situation straight!

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Several have began working on their own. But they have no-one actually setting up a schedule. Some are doing what they had last year, which will work. Ther is a small group of dedicated kids. Some have approached terachers that have coached and gotten some work-out info from them. Good sign.

northern exposure
Waterboy

Post by northern exposure »

Any word on any candidates for the head coaching vacancy? They need to get moving on this so they can start working with the boys. Once Holbert picks a candidate the other board members need to pick the opposite canidate since Holbert stuck us with the last coach.

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

ToeStubber01 - please explain how Holbert stuck you with the last coach. Don't believe he was involved selecting the last coach.

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

Is this job ever going to be filled?

teach123
Freshman Team

Post by teach123 »

Everyone knew that when Leffingwell left the football coach wouldn't be far behind because Leff hand picked him to make his son a star and now there is no one to protect him. Sad because Andy is a great guy, just didn't surround himself with the best assistants. Warren has great kids and a supportive community hope someone is found that everyone will get behind!

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

teach123 wrote:Everyone knew that when Leffingwell left the football coach wouldn't be far behind because Leff hand picked him to make his son a star and now there is no one to protect him. Sad because Andy is a great guy, just didn't surround himself with the best assistants. Warren has great kids and a supportive community hope someone is found that everyone will get behind!
From what I saw, that kid didnt need any help from his dad or Coach Schob to be a good player! Maybe you could help coach since you seem so knowledgeable about this!

teach123
Freshman Team

Post by teach123 »

I didn't say he couldn't play. He was a fine player and young man.

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

I think Dylan was in a system that allowed him to showcase his ability to throw the ball. Not necessarily the best system for Warren to thrive. Coach Pifer was 7-3 with the wing- t and making big improvements to the Warrior program. Obviously there is not as much passing in that offense vs. the spread that Andy run. I also think that Coach Schob is a fine coach and a great person. Hope we can get back on track with our football program especially since some of the people that got us into this mess are no longer around. Go Blue !

redandgreen10
Riding the Bench

Post by redandgreen10 »

Interviews last night. Look for Holbert's horse in the race Jon Bolen to get job. No teaching so they need to hire someone that is close in proximity and can get here for practices. Look for 4 hour practices after school fellas! What happened to Shawn Taylor being a top candidate? Heard he had the inside track.

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

redandgreen10 wrote:Interviews last night. Look for Holbert's horse in the race Jon Bolen to get job. No teaching so they need to hire someone that is close in proximity and can get here for practices. Look for 4 hour practices after school fellas! What happened to Shawn Taylor being a top candidate? Heard he had the inside track.
They need to get this finished already here it is the end of March and just now doing interviews. If they just get someone who can lead this team and get the boys spirits up would be great. As far as Taylor goes I believe he was told his services would no longer be needed, end of story!

ballr4peake
Waterboy

Post by ballr4peake »

anyone know who is in the running for this job?

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

I think this is in God's hands now. As in, they are waiting for a coach to fall from the sky.

ballr4peake
Waterboy

Post by ballr4peake »

well enigmaax, not much help, but your reply certainly was comical. I laughed anyways.

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

I know they were doing interviews the other night and I understood is was for football. Not sure who though. Sorry!! Will probably be announced soon.

ballr4peake
Waterboy

Post by ballr4peake »

sounds like more than likely someone gets the job that doesn't require a teaching/school job in the building???

ballr4peake
Waterboy

Post by ballr4peake »

were they 1st interviews or 2nd round interviews, do you know?

Return to “Football”