Logan Chieftains 2014

moonshine
SEO

Logan Chieftains 2014

Post by moonshine »

Well might as well start the discussion, Will the Chiefs repeat as SEOAL Champs in 2014!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Logan Chieftains 2014

Post by noreply66 »

I think they have a great chance.....each class next year will have some talented boys and with Burke putting them together it could very well spell.....SEOAL championship.

People need to look at the talent in each class and not the whole class.

Lets say the 9th grade has a good line but not backs..the 10th grade has good backs but not lineman. Put those together and they can very well be better than the teams that beat them in the lower grades.

GO CHIEFS

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

noreply66 wrote:I think they have a great chance.....each class next year will have some talented boys and with Burke putting them together it could very well spell.....SEOAL championship.

Lets say the 9th grade has a good line but not backs..the 10th grade has good backs but not lineman. Put those together and they can very well be better than the teams that beat them in the lower grades.

GO CHIEFS
That's an outstanding observation! It will also help with a full winter lifting and conditioning program under Coach Burke!

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

noreply66 wrote:I think they have a great chance.....each class next year will have some talented boys and with Burke putting them together it could very well spell.....SEOAL championship.

GO CHIEFS
Wouldn't every other school combine classes to put the best possible squad on the field too?

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

The Oaf wrote:

GO CHIEFS
Wouldn't every other school combine classes to put the best possible squad on the field too?
Mr. Oafer, I think we all understand that statement. It was just an observation!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Less just say

Jackson beat Logan in the 7th and 8th grade game................because their overall team was better in those two grades........but lets say Logan's 8th grade team had the better linemen and lets say Logan's 7th grade had the better backs in their game. Putting those two together would beat Jackson if combined which happens come reserve and varsity.

Giving an example of this would be Marietta.......when in the SEOAL..Marietta's 7th and 8th grade beat about everyone in the league but when they went to varsity they didn't do that well because all their players were average good guys compared to three grades of combined better players as happened with Logan against them.

Now if that isn't understandable ....................you are searching the mind to be different.lol

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Problem is all the classes from Jackson have been far better than Logan recently,only exception the current soph's who played them tough and I think the reserves might have beat them, but Jackson would have to be the clear favorite considering they have about everybody back and Logan lost a ton of player's including a big senior class,but it might come down to who is the healthiest come league time like we saw this year.Jackson and Logan are the top 2 teams in a shrinking league and that will most likely be the championship game for years to come imo.
Another thing that could hurt Logan next year is the numbers game.If no new players come out and everybody comes back there will only be around 40 players next year mostly underclassmen

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Typically, success under a first year coach is a magnet for attracting players. As a proven asset, others will want to climb aboard . What I understand is several didn't come out because they didn't expect much from Logan. There are athletes in those halls. Logan will have several underclass All-League players coming back, many starters returning and promising players at the underclasses. Add a few athletes that weren't out and Logan becomes a threat to win it again. Burke now knows the league and he'll make changes in O and D accordingly. The Chiefs are back. Don't sell them short or expect to pay a price.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Logan should be an improved football team in 2014. Yes, a very good senior class will graduate this spring, but that is the nature of high school football. When your program is successful, you are forced to replace great players every year.

The upcoming senior class had more success last year than the rest of their career combined. Success breeds success. They were a class who many expected to struggle and rarely contribute at the Varsity level, yet 5-6 of them were KEY parts of a league championship team last year. I think there could be 10-12 solid contributors in the class. That's a great foundation.

The Junior class is VERY strong. Lots of good linemen, good skill players, a few potential all-league players. Add in the strength of the Seniors and you have a nucleus good enough to compete without any sophomores.

BUT, there will be sophomores who contribute as well. Unfortunately most of the sophomore class had to play on the JV team as freshmen. But they all got to see a lot of time. One of their best athletes had a broken collarbone and missed most of the season. I think you'll see 3-4 players in this class ready to make an impact as well. And if there are injuries, a few others will be able to step in.

Jackson SHOULD be very very good in 2014, and Coach Hall is one of the best in the SEOAL. They will be strong up front, return a QB who started 10 games as a sophomore last season, and they have the deepest stable of running backs in the league. IF they can stay healthy, it should make for a VERY talented 1-2 at the top of the league.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

noreply66 wrote:Less just say

Jackson beat Logan in the 7th and 8th grade game................because their overall team was better in those two grades........but lets say Logan's 8th grade team had the better linemen and lets say Logan's 7th grade had the better backs in their game. Putting those two together would beat Jackson if combined which happens come reserve and varsity.

Giving an example of this would be Marietta.......when in the SEOAL..Marietta's 7th and 8th grade beat about everyone in the league but when they went to varsity they didn't do that well because all their players were average good guys compared to three grades of combined better players as happened with Logan against them.

Now if that isn't understandable ....................you are searching the mind to be different.lol
Yes of course it's understandable, that's the point. You're stating that formula like you've discovered how to enrich uranium when in fact it's so ridiculously common as to not even be worth mentioning at all. That's all I'm saying man.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Already sounds like it going to be a slobber knocker between the Chiefs and the Ironboys!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

moonshine wrote:Already sounds like it going to be a slobber knocker between the Chiefs and the Ironboys!
That's nothing new, it usually is. GO CHIEFS!!!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

When will winter conditioning start?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The Oaf wrote:
noreply66 wrote:Less just say

Yes of course it's understandable, that's the point. You're stating that formula like you've discovered how to enrich uranium when in fact it's so ridiculously common as to not even be worth mentioning at all. That's all I'm saying man.

I didn't discover it...I just showed you what you forgot or just leaned and are saying you knew. MAN...lol...some people are just wilburs

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Dude, you couldn't possibly be this this stupid, you have to be pretending for the sake of a good troll. If that's the scope of your response to my post than they only thing left for you to do is go back to playing with dolls. What a mouth breather you are. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The Oaf wrote:Dude, you couldn't possibly be this this stupid, you have to be pretending for the sake of a good troll. If that's the scope of your response to my post than they only thing left for you to do is go back to playing with dolls. What a mouth breather you are. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Did your mother help you with that response....DUDE/MAN :lol:

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

noreply66 wrote:
The Oaf wrote:Dude, you couldn't possibly be this this stupid, you have to be pretending for the sake of a good troll. If that's the scope of your response to my post than they only thing left for you to do is go back to playing with dolls. What a mouth breather you are. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mom jokes....I wouldn't expect anything less from you and your slack-jawed ilk. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The Oaf wrote:
noreply66 wrote:

Mom jokes....I wouldn't expect anything less from you and your slack-jawed ilk. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
your educated sister must have helped you with that one.......MAN/DUDE

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

You ride a rascal don't you?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The Oaf wrote:You ride a rascal don't you?

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY...MAN/DUDE

Return to “Football”