TVC Hocking 2014

Titletown TVC
JV Team

TVC Hocking 2014

Post by Titletown TVC »

Should be an interesting year. I look for the division to have better balance than the past few years. Early on, I see it this way:

1. Belpre - lots of talent returning
2. Southern - I hear they have a TB who will be playing in Columbus after high school
3. Trimble - Never too far down. They always have enough to win it.
4. Wahama - Everyone sees this as a rebuilding year. Lots of changes taking place. They are a wild card.
5. Waterford
6. South Gallia
7. Federal Hocking - new coach........
8. Miller
9. Eastern

Thoughts?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: TVC Hocking 2014

Post by 93Bulldog »

LOL ... Trimble returns a TON man. Only 5 starters on that defense that recorded 8 shutouts were seniors.

Tailback Justice Jenkins came on strong in the playoffs - I don't know how he won't win TVC-Hocking O.P.Y. next year. Maybe an injury I guess.

But 6'4 280lb Tanner Koons, IMO, may be the best player in the league next season. But of course WR Austin Downs will have something to say about that - as will Jenkins.

Sorry guys, but the Tomcats have a lot of really good football players returning. Another 10-0 season could possibly be on the horizon.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

I'm not exactly a follower of the TVC, but come on. Belpre at the top? Not quite. They beat one team with a winning record last year, and got slaughtered by the likes of Trimble and Wahama, and shutout by Southern. Unless their some giant group of transfers coming in that I don't know about, Belpre will not be winning the Hocking.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

This is high school football and the unexpected can happen.

The previous year's celler dweller could suddenly compete for the title or the preseason favorite could fall on hard times.

With that said, Trimble is head and shoulders above the rest of the conference and should repeat as champs with everyone else playing for 2nd place.

Wahama is in flux with graduations and a new coach. They are a wildcard indeed.

Belpre returns alot of good, young talent but injuries and grades are always a factor when you have only around 20 players. The Golden Eagles have made some great strides the last 2 years. 3 years ago they were 0-10 overall and 0-8 in conference. The past 2 seasons they have gone 4-6 and 5-5 overall while going 4-4 in conference both years. This should be enough fuel for their fire to continue the hard off season work that is required to compete for a title.

Southern had a strong group of seniors. Replacing them will not be easy.

Federal and South Gallia seem to put together some decent teams the past few years that are always competitive and can give some teams trouble and they usally are good for at least 4 wins or better each season.

Eastern, Miller and Waterford have struggled for wins of late.

As I said, injuries, grades and the addition or subtraction of 1 very good player can move any team up or down in the standings from year to year.

Good luck and good health to all the teams and their players.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Looing at just "numbers" ... Trimble had a 53 man roster last year - only 15 were seniors. They will return 38 players not including the freshmen class, which in the TVC-Hocking some freshmen can have an impact on a team.

I fully expect the Tomcats to have at least a 50-man roster and probably more next year. When your talking about a league that has teams who struggle to get 25 players out for football, Trimble already has a leg up on the competition and they haven't even played a down.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I say
Trimble wins the league hands down
Wahama will finish second and Belpre 3rd.....
After that who knows lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

What, no comment on the "Trimble going 10-0" remark - O & B?

;-)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

93Bulldog wrote:What, no comment on the "Trimble going 10-0" remark - O & B?

;-)

They will have a great 9-1 season.
Hopefully they can make a run again.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

JakeFromStateFarm wrote:I'm not exactly a follower of the TVC, but come on. Belpre at the top? Not quite. They beat one team with a winning record last year, and got slaughtered by the likes of Trimble and Wahama, and shutout by Southern. Unless their some giant group of transfers coming in that I don't know about, Belpre will not be winning the Hocking.
Not sure I would predict Belpre to win the TVC with Trimble returning a lot of great players from a great team.But the Eagles return quite a bit of talent and should compete with the Tomcats should they happen to stumble.If Titletown says that Wahama is going to be down ,I have to say he knows what he is talking about.Belpre returns an All Southeast District 1st team RB and QB and Special Mention WR and Special Mention All Ohio QB and RB plus the majority of their line.They only graduated 3 starters from this years team.Belpre beat 4 TVC teams this year and could have also won the Fed Hock game with a better 1st half. Southern did shut Belpre out but The Eagles played without 2 RB,s and one of their top linemen was hurt in the game and was life flighted out.I look for Trimble to probably repeat as champion and Belpre,Southern and South Gallia to be in a dogfight for 2nd.Wahama could possibly lose 3 or 4 league games.The Eagles have shown improvement over each of the last 2 years with these young players and I look for it to continue next year.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Look for the tomkittens to go 10-1 next fall

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

moonshine wrote:Look for the tomkittens to go 10-1 next fall
You obviously are not familiar with the new D7, Region 25.

if Trimble goes 10-0, they will at least go 11-1 - and probably 12-1.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

Eaglepapaw wrote:
JakeFromStateFarm wrote:I'm not exactly a follower of the TVC, but come on. Belpre at the top? Not quite. They beat one team with a winning record last year, and got slaughtered by the likes of Trimble and Wahama, and shutout by Southern. Unless their some giant group of transfers coming in that I don't know about, Belpre will not be winning the Hocking.
Not sure I would predict Belpre to win the TVC with Trimble returning a lot of great players from a great team.But the Eagles return quite a bit of talent and should compete with the Tomcats should they happen to stumble.If Titletown says that Wahama is going to be down ,I have to say he knows what he is talking about.Belpre returns an All Southeast District 1st team RB and QB and Special Mention WR and Special Mention All Ohio QB and RB plus the majority of their line.They only graduated 3 starters from this years team.Belpre beat 4 TVC teams this year and could have also won the Fed Hock game with a better 1st half. Southern did shut Belpre out but The Eagles played without 2 RB,s and one of their top linemen was hurt in the game and was life flighted out.I look for Trimble to probably repeat as champion and Belpre,Southern and South Gallia to be in a dogfight for 2nd.Wahama could possibly lose 3 or 4 league games.The Eagles have shown improvement over each of the last 2 years with these young players and I look for it to continue next year.
That's all great and everything, I wasn't trying to imply that Belpre is in anyway a bad team so to speak, but they've got a longggg way to go in order to contend regularly against the likes of Trimble and others. Not to mention, if Belpre does want to take that top spot, they'll have to do so on Trimble's, Wahama, and South Gallia's home field.

I look at the Hocking a little like the league, I follow, the PVC. PVC has regularly been dominated in football by MC, the same way Trimble and Wahama have been at the top of the Hocking the past few years or so. Every once in a while you'll have a school come through with solid classes that make a run at a title, and then the regulars are right back up there. Caldwell in the PVC has had some solid classes come through, and yet haven't been able to catch a conference title since like 06 or 07. It's not just about who's returning and who's graduating, it's a mindset too. It's not until you can finally get over that hurdle of beating one of the top teams, that's when I feel players really start to believe they can be that top program. I wish Belpre the best of luck, and who knows, maybe our respective teams will see each other on the football field sometime.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

93Bulldog wrote:LOL ... Trimble returns a TON man. Only 5 starters on that defense that recorded 8 shutouts were seniors.

Tailback Justice Jenkins came on strong in the playoffs - I don't know how he won't win TVC-Hocking O.P.Y. next year. Maybe an injury I guess.

But 6'4 280lb Tanner Koons, IMO, may be the best player in the league next season. But of course WR Austin Downs will have something to say about that - as will Jenkins.

Sorry guys, but the Tomcats have a lot of really good football players returning. Another 10-0 season could possibly be on the horizon.
In other words almost half their defense is graduating. And those starters played pretty much the whole game in those 8 shutouts, so experience may be a problem. Just sayin... :mrgreen:

93Bulldog wrote:Looing at just "numbers" ... Trimble had a 53 man roster last year - only 15 were seniors. They will return 38 players not including the freshmen class, which in the TVC-Hocking some freshmen can have an impact on a team.

I fully expect the Tomcats to have at least a 50-man roster and probably more next year. When your talking about a league that has teams who struggle to get 25 players out for football, Trimble already has a leg up on the competition and they haven't even played a down.
Yes but as we all have been told, "numbers don't mean anything." ;-)

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

With all that said, I look for the kitties to lick their wounds after losing game 1 and recover for a 9-1 regular season and maybe 2 playoff wins. :122245

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ground Buck wrote:Yes but as we all have been told, "numbers don't mean anything." ;-)
I believe you are twisting my words.

Number of "FOOTBALL PLAYERS" in a school does matter.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

93Bulldog wrote:
moonshine wrote:Look for the tomkittens to go 10-1 next fall
You obviously are not familiar with the new D7, Region 25.

if Trimble goes 10-0, they will at least go 11-1 - and probably 12-1.
Just a very early prediction! For all we know there could be injuries, transfers and yes even upsets!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

93Bulldog wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:Yes but as we all have been told, "numbers don't mean anything." ;-)
I believe you are twisting my words.

Number of "FOOTBALL PLAYERS" in a school does matter.
That like the statement "size does not matter!"

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

If Trimble is the No. 1, 2 or even 3 seed next year in Division VII, Region 25 ... they will square off against either a TVC-Hocking team which they beat by 50 during the season - or another team like Beallsville which squeaks out a 6-4 season. I would bet my life on Trimble crushing any lower seeded team that visits the Sty in week 11. A 10-1 season is almost mathematically impossible, Moonshine.

A 10-2 season sounds more reasonable. That would be a loss to NY in week one and a loss at a neutral site in week 12.

Personally, I'm predicting 11-0 (or 10-1 if they lose to NY) but won't go past that until I see how the top half of the region stacks up next year. I've seen what a lot of these kids coming back for the 'Cats can do - they are not even close to rebuilding - they are reloading for another big run.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

93Bulldog wrote:If Trimble is the No. 1, 2 or even 3 seed next year in Division VII, Region 25 ... they will square off against either a TVC-Hocking team which they beat by 50 during the season - or another team like Beallsville which squeaks out a 6-4 season. I would bet my life on Trimble crushing any lower seeded team that visits the Sty in week 11. A 10-1 season is almost mathematically impossible, Moonshine.

A 10-2 season sounds more reasonable. That would be a loss to NY in week one and a loss at a neutral site in week 12.

Personally, I'm predicting 11-0 (or 10-1 if they lose to NY) but won't go past that until I see how the top half of the region stacks up next year. I've seen what a lot of these kids coming back for the 'Cats can do - they are not even close to rebuilding - they are reloading for another big run.
Let's not stick our necks out to far, week one is 8 months away!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

LOL ... never to early to talk football.

Return to “Football”