Re: Division VII championship game: Trimble vs Marion Local

Post by moonshine »

Drew Pasteur's picks Marion Local by 21

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

I smell bad wrote:
newlex/sheridan wrote:I think all of us want your team to win, and hope win or lose they give them a heck of a run. No matter, Trimble has done something that nobody can ever take away from them, win or lose, and they have a ton to be proud of.

I'm sure there have been years they won a state title but not a league title. Pretty sure on that list there were years they won it in multiple divisions. They are equally impressive in other sports as well. I know for sure a few years ago Versailles was league bball champ but lost to St. Henry in the title game. New Knoxville won a few titles in boys bball. Anna is the dominant small girls bball program recently. They win titles in everything.
If the Trimble people post on here that they know Trimble can't win, and they hope they lose, will you quit telling how great they are? Is that what it is going to take? Your moniker has Sheridan in it, so I have to ask why Coach Culver allowed his team to play Mooney back in 97 in the state finals? He had to know they would lose. Why didn't he just not show up? I am sure he felt his team had a chance to win. Even though they didn't win, they still showed up.
Seriously? I complimented your team. Just giving people some background on who they play. Like I said before everyone wants Trimble to win. Rub your eyes and read the top. As for the Culver mention, that was 87' and Sheridan has beaten several teams over the years in the playoffs that they weren't supposed to, I was fortunate enough to be on some of those teams, I hope Trimble does the same thing. Stop getting defensive over anyone who mentions anything about the opposition. It makes you look ignorant. Good luck to the Tomcats.

noname
Waterboy

Post by noname »

Regardless of the outcome it is a huge accomplishment to be in the state championship game no matter how "weak" or "great" of a conference you belong to. I would rather finish second than third or fouth or fifth, etc.. If Trimble gets beat at least they got beat by the best.

lovethemtigers
Waterboy

Post by lovethemtigers »

It is obvious that Marion is a heavy favorite. But there have been wild ones before. I predict Marion, but good luck Tomcats and SE Ohio!

Don't like that Marion coaching staff told STO that they have been watching this Trimble team for a whole year. The tape Marion got to watch Newark Catholic was apparently from the Trimble game, so they think they know everything the cats will do. THAT REALLY SUCKS IF TRUE!! Hopefully coaches use that against the Flyers and pull a few tricks out to stun them.
STO staff in its preview loves the Mohawk Mafia!
Cats defense made a big statement against WR, they won't be pushed around on the line. If Marion wins this game big, it will be with superior skilled people.
A BIG factor could be the weather, looking poor for tomorrow.....the worse it is, advantage Trimble, or at least an equalizer. I have seen Marion play in bad wind and snow in the past, they didn't move...though that was about 6 years ago.
I will be watching this from the comfort of my living room. It is nice to see this as the primetime game on Saturday, but it does seem dirty because you know the OHSAA did it knowing OSU plays that time, only reason they wouldn't put the Division 1 game on when it always is. OHSAA strikes again, just like the garbage of taking these games away from Massillon-Canton and sending them to a field with 100k empty seats next year.
Everyone remembers what Portsmouth West did years ago. Athens might pull it off next season with their roster returning. No one will forget Trimble was here. Great job cats! And as long as you aren't down 77-6 with 6 minutes left, you can still hold your heads higher than some.

PS, right now, Kirtland will own the most lopsided score this weekend, 44-8 early 3rd quarter.

supermama
Freshman Team

Post by supermama »

Best of luck to the Tomcats as they play in their state championship game from Reedsville Eastern Eagle country. A small PUBLIC school taking on a private school which always seems to have talent. Why OHSAA doesn't do something about this unevenness is beyond me. But they won't and the public schools just have to go out and do their best with their kids they have had since kindergarten. So go Trimble and tomorrow I'm going to be an Eastern Tomcat!!!!!!!

earp
S

Post by earp »

Supermama.Marion Local is a public school.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Maria Stein Marion Local is a PUBLIC school.

Stop drinking.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Paladin wrote:Maria Stein Marion Local is a PUBLIC school.

Stop drinking.
I am familiar with supermama - and I'm pretty sure she's not drinking.

She probably, like so many others, just assumed it was a PRIVATE school since private schools DOMINATE Ohio High school state championship games.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

That's an excuse I hadn't expected Trimble to use -- lose to a private !

Oh well.

supermama
Freshman Team

Post by supermama »

93Bulldog wrote:
Paladin wrote:Maria Stein Marion Local is a PUBLIC school.

Stop drinking.
I am familiar with supermama - and I'm pretty sure she's not drinking.

She probably, like so many others, just assumed it was a PRIVATE school since private schools DOMINATE Ohio High school state championship games.
supermama wrote:Best of luck to the Tomcats as they play in their state championship game from Reedsville Eastern Eagle country. A small PUBLIC school taking on a private school which always seems to have talent. Why OHSAA doesn't do something about this unevenness is beyond me. But they won't and the public schools just have to go out and do their best with their kids they have had since kindergarten. So go Trimble and tomorrow I'm going to be an Eastern Tomcat!!!!!!!
I stand corrected. My bad and I did assume that Marion was a private school. With that being said, I'm still rooting for Trimble. And you were correct 93. I'm not drinking. :lol:

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Best of luck to the Tomcat Nation !! Whole lotta Spartans rooting for you !!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Paladin wrote:That's an excuse I hadn't expected Trimble to use -- lose to a private !

Oh well.
TRIMBLE hasn't used any excuses and they won't no matter what the outcome is. Don't confuse the team with there fans.........

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Whole lotta Chieftain fans pulling for the CATS as well. I was in the Logan Walmart this morning and even seen some Trimble Tomcat, t-shirts, and hoodies in there people was buying. Never seen that in there before. People from all around far and wide are rooting you on to victory Trimble. Fight hard one more time is all ya have to do, but win or lose always remember you made it there, and that in itself is hard to do. I'll be proud of ya either way. GO BIG T!!! STICK-UM HARD AND FAST!!! GET-ER-DONE!!! :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I seriously believe Trimble's D is good enough to do it again. Go Tomcats from Gallia County.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

WOW!!!!
Game day.......

Its cold
Its been snowing
Its Canton Ohio
Its state Championship weekend
Its two 14-0 teams battling it out on the Gridiron
Its history in the making

GO CATS!!!!!

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

Congratulations Trimble! You have done something very very few folks get to do and that is compete for a state title. Heck there are even retired super coaches on this website that have never done it. Play hard and enjoy something many only dream about

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

Dinocrocetti wrote:Congratulations Trimble! You have done something very very few folks get to do and that is compete for a state title. Heck there are even retired super coaches on this website that have never done it. Play hard and enjoy something many only dream about

Yea Paladin can shine trophy s, thump his chest, talk a big talk, BUT, there is one thing that HE cannot do... Shine his own state championship ring like some can.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Here is laughing at you ol bud :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Paladin will probably get his victory here. Maria stein is a different league. But, this is great for Trimble. First seo team to make the state game since west

I'll make a friendly wager that moeller wins tonight and takes the head to head vs neohio.

Lungbuster
JV Team

Post by Lungbuster »

Cant wait to hear the stadium roar when the cats break through that banner one last time! Bring it home boys!!!!

Return to “Football”