Division VII championship game: Trimble vs Marion Local

mikepike
All State

Re: Division VII championship game: Trimble vs Marion Local

Post by mikepike »

For the history of the MAC, go to midwestathleticconference.com It is quite an impressive conference.

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

mikepike wrote:For the history of the MAC, go to midwestathleticconference.com It is quite an impressive conference.
We all know how impressive that conference is. Even the OHSAA knows, and somewhat aids them IMO, much like the BCS does the SEC. How do two teams in the same conference not play in the same region for instance? Are they actually that far apart? The only thing that shocked me is that those two were paired up in the semi-final game. So I don't think anyone needs to keep reminding all of us how great MSML is, and how great the MAC is. We get it. We still hope our team wins, and some of us actually believe they can win. So call us foolish if you like, but we really don't care. If Trimble loses, no matter the score, we will still praise them and be proud of them. GO CATS!

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

I think all of us want your team to win, and hope win or lose they give them a heck of a run. No matter, Trimble has done something that nobody can ever take away from them, win or lose, and they have a ton to be proud of.

I'm sure there have been years they won a state title but not a league title. Pretty sure on that list there were years they won it in multiple divisions. They are equally impressive in other sports as well. I know for sure a few years ago Versailles was league bball champ but lost to St. Henry in the title game. New Knoxville won a few titles in boys bball. Anna is the dominant small girls bball program recently. They win titles in everything.

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

I said a few weeks ago that Trimble is going all the way and now here they are. good luck to the Tomcats... You have got nothing to lose to let it go!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

THE CHAMPIONSHIP PICK EM THREAD CRACKS ME UP ...

Trimble allows 5.6 points per game ... Marion Local allows 8.0 points per game.

It's suppose to be bone chilling cold with bad weather over the next few days.

yet, I see all these tie-breaking combined scores in the 40's and 50's.

At least I seen one good post ... Paladin picked Marion Local, which means the Tomcats have a great shot at winning now.

:mrgreen:

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

93Bulldog wrote:THE CHAMPIONSHIP PICK EM THREAD CRACKS ME UP ...

At least I seen one good post ... Paladin picked Marion Local, which means the Tomcats have a great shot at winning now.

Just to be clear no one is picking the Tomkittens on that subject! Also pre Friday prediction due to the conditions the winner of this game will score in the upper 20's. By the way what is the strength of schedules for both teams!
Last edited by moonshine on Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

newlex/sheridan wrote:I think all of us want your team to win, and hope win or lose they give them a heck of a run. No matter, Trimble has done something that nobody can ever take away from them, win or lose, and they have a ton to be proud of.

I'm sure there have been years they won a state title but not a league title. Pretty sure on that list there were years they won it in multiple divisions. They are equally impressive in other sports as well. I know for sure a few years ago Versailles was league bball champ but lost to St. Henry in the title game. New Knoxville won a few titles in boys bball. Anna is the dominant small girls bball program recently. They win titles in everything.
If the Trimble people post on here that they know Trimble can't win, and they hope they lose, will you quit telling how great they are? Is that what it is going to take? Your moniker has Sheridan in it, so I have to ask why Coach Culver allowed his team to play Mooney back in 97 in the state finals? He had to know they would lose. Why didn't he just not show up? I am sure he felt his team had a chance to win. Even though they didn't win, they still showed up.

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

moonshine wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:THE CHAMPIONSHIP PICK EM THREAD CRACKS ME UP ...

Just to be clear no one is picking the Tomkittens on that subject! Also pre Friday prediction due to the conditions the winner of this game will score in the upper 20's. By the way what the strength of schedules for both teams!
There is Mr. Doomshine again. His team can't make it so he has to rip anyone, Trimble and Athens especially, who can make a playoff run. What an azzwipe! :mrgreen:

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Trimble fans, regardless of what happens Saturday, your kids have had a tremendous season that will be remembered forever. It is VERY DIFFICULT to make it to the state finals in a great football state like Ohio. Take great pride in that accomplishment alone. When my Portsmouth Trojans lost to Cincinnati Summit Country Day 53-37 in the D3 state championship basketball game in 2012, I walked out of the Schottenstein Center a very proud Trojan, because I knew how hard it was for our kids to make it to the final game.

Only 1 team can win, but there will be 2 teams playing in that final game. BE VERY PROUD OF THAT!!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Hey Tomcat fans we are supposed to host you Saturday for some round ball. I heard you had to cancel. They said G-town will be a ghost town, something about a football game up north. Well being that I love football a little more than basketball I'll have tobe understanding as to why you don't want to hang out with us this weekend. So from the Viking Nation good luck and bring home that trophy. You deserve it. To all Mohawk Mafia Mafia fans, be careful in your travels this weekend and dress warm.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

I smell bad wrote:
The Oaf wrote:There's going to be an awfully lot of crow being served up Saturday night around 10:30. Sure hope the Trimble fans are classy enough to acknowledge they were wrong after this debacle concludes but I have my doubts. :roll: This game will be ugly, like 59-6 ugly.
Trimble may win this game, or they may lose. No matter the outcome, nor the score, one thing for sure is that "The Oaf" will not be strapping up a chin strap and stepping on the field. Nor will "The Oaf" be coaching Saturday night. So "The Oaf" can make whatever prediction he wants but deep down he knows he is jealous to not be a part of something this great. In the 2000 championship game I watched Mogadore get beaten by Marion Local 54 -0. Some Mogadore fans around us were ripping their coach, and I told them I would trade places with him in a second. We all know "The Oaf" would trade places with anyone who has a part in this game in second as well. So as far as eating crow, no matter if they do or they don't ole Oaf would like to be a part of it on either end. :lol:
Wrong on some counts but let's break this down so that even you can understand it....

1. No, they will lose, and lose big
2. Correct, I will not be strapping up a chin strap and stepping on the field
3. Correct, I will not be coaching Saturday night
4. No, I am not jealous of the a$$ whipping Trimble is going to take
5. Correct, the 54-0 score will be a reflection of what the final will be for this game as well
6. No, I most certainly would not trade places with any of you in a second to be a part of this
7. No, again, to reiterate, I would not like to be a part of this in any capacity

The true victims here are Trimble's kids who have such ardent low brows representing them on an internet message board. They deserve better. I have watched the many heartfelt videos on youtube about this team and I am truly behind these kids 100%. Their heart and enthusiasm is infectious. Some of you are putting way too much pressure on these young men with your behavior. It's too bad they are represented by the "food stamp mafia" or "carhart army" or whatever silly tag you people call yourself in this couthless endevour you have taken on. I am so glad these kids get the experience of playing in this game. Truly a remarkable accomplishment and I wish them nothing but the best! That being said, I'm also extremely elated to know that some of you "fans" will be going back to Glouster like a stuffed mud-hen! Equally happy for your "experience" as well, albeit on the opposite side of the coin. You deserve nothing but the best, and you're going to get it Saturday night! Hope you have an appetite because the crow will be plentiful! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

The Oaf wrote:
I smell bad wrote:
The Oaf wrote:There's going to be an awfully lot of crow being served up Saturday night around 10:30. Sure hope the Trimble fans are classy enough to acknowledge they were wrong after this debacle concludes but I have my doubts. :roll: This game will be ugly, like 59-6 ugly.
Trimble may win this game, or they may lose. No matter the outcome, nor the score, one thing for sure is that "The Oaf" will not be strapping up a chin strap and stepping on the field. Nor will "The Oaf" be coaching Saturday night. So "The Oaf" can make whatever prediction he wants but deep down he knows he is jealous to not be a part of something this great. In the 2000 championship game I watched Mogadore get beaten by Marion Local 54 -0. Some Mogadore fans around us were ripping their coach, and I told them I would trade places with him in a second. We all know "The Oaf" would trade places with anyone who has a part in this game in second as well. So as far as eating crow, no matter if they do or they don't ole Oaf would like to be a part of it on either end. :lol:
Wrong on some counts but let's break this down so that even you can understand it....

5. Correct, the 54-0 score will be a reflection of what the final will be for this game as well
6. No, I most certainly would not trade places with any of you in a second to be a part of this
7. No, again, to reiterate, I would not like to be a part of this in any capacity

The true victims here are Trimble's kids who have such ardent low brows representing them on an internet message board. They deserve better. I have watched the many heartfelt videos on youtube about this team and I am truly behind these kids 100%. Their heart and enthusiasm is infectious. Some of you are putting way too much pressure on these young men with your behavior. It's too bad they are represented by the "food stamp mafia" or "carhart army" or whatever silly tag you people call yourself in this couthless endevour you have taken on. I am so glad these kids get the experience of playing in this game. Truly a remarkable accomplishment and I wish them nothing but the best! That being said, I'm also extremely elated to know that some of you "fans" will be going back to Glouster like a stuffed mud-hen! Equally happy for your "experience" as well, albeit on the opposite side of the coin. You deserve nothing but the best, and you're going to get it Saturday night! Hope you have an appetite because the crow will be plentiful! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This may get Me kicked off here but at this point I don't care.

You Sir are a JACK ASS!!! And if those are my final words on Preps so be it, To say We will lose is fine but leave it at that, I can't even call You low class.
Know wonder SEO gets no respect from the rest of the state, Because SEO can't even get behind a team that's playing for a championship

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The Oaf wrote:
I smell bad wrote:

Your just an Ahole!!!!!
Your not worth my time or anyone else's time so go ahead and try to rain on The Tomcats parade..................Haters gonna hate

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Oh boy, where do I start? Well, I guess I will take the Ricky Nelson approach from "Garden Party" and live by the lyric "you can't please everyone, but you've got to please yourself". For all you youngn's out there, google Garden Party and read the lyrics, and that will give you some sort of perspective :122245 .

Speaking of perspective, let's keep things in perspective, please. This is a message board where we share our thoughts with one another, 99% in a civil manner, 1% in an inflammatory manner. Can't say I've seen any comments about this game that I would construe as inflammatory, so I am somewhat disappointed in some of the responses that I've read in this thread. The beauty of this website is that we get to share our thoughts, and enjoy each other's point-of-view, and engage in some banter about the game. When some one objectively shares their opinion of what they feel is going to be the outcome of the game, and spares us the adjectives and hyperbole that there are a few on here that are notorious for, then I honestly feel that there is absolutely no need to come back with guns ablazin' throwing insults at 60 rounds per minute. No need for it, and if the poster has been objective (which I feel some of them have), lambasting them with name calling and insults is totally unwarranted.

While I clearly understand the emotional side of this equation, let's keep things in perspective. There is no one from SEOhio who has posted on these threads that has disparaged the Trimble program or these kids. I honestly feel that the Trimble community has phenomenal support from SEOhio, and all of Athens county. While it may be tough to read a post where someone predicts a score that you don't like, that doesn't necessarily mean that the poster hates the program, perhaps they are sharing their honest, objective opinion (in a non-inflammatory manner), that you should respect.

I'm a little bothered by some of the reactions here, especially because I know some of you personally, and I know you are better than to stoop to name calling because you don't like the predictions (which again, is why I don't predict scores this late in the post season).

Old boy is going to get off his soap box now, sorry for the rant, but I had to say something. You folks are better than this and these kids and the community don't need this type of negative distraction on this frequently read message board.

Go Tomcats. Shoot down the Flyers and show those Western Ohio boys what "Rutter Tough" is all about. SD will be cheering you on all the way!

Oh, and BTW, there is a game on right now on STO, go watch it! AVSM and Trotwood.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Steely Dan wrote:Oh boy, where do I start? Well, I guess I will take the Ricky Nelson approach from "Garden Party" and live by the lyric "you can't please everyone, but you've got to please yourself". For all you youngn's out there, google Garden Party and read the lyrics, and that will give you some sort of perspective :122245 .

Speaking of perspective, let's keep things in perspective, please. This is a message board where we share our thoughts with one another, 99% in a civil manner, 1% in an inflammatory manner. Can't say I've seen any comments about this game that I would construe as inflammatory, so I am somewhat disappointed in some of the responses that I've read in this thread. The beauty of this website is that we get to share our thoughts, and enjoy each other's point-of-view, and engage in some banter about the game. When some one objectively shares their opinion of what they feel is going to be the outcome of the game, and spares us the adjectives and hyperbole that there are a few on here that are notorious for, then I honestly feel that there is absolutely no need to come back with guns ablazin' throwing insults at 60 rounds per minute. No need for it, and if the poster has been objective (which I feel some of them have), lambasting them with name calling and insults is totally unwarranted.

While I clearly understand the emotional side of this equation, let's keep things in perspective. There is no one from SEOhio who has posted on these threads that has disparaged the Trimble program or these kids. I honestly feel that the Trimble community has phenomenal support from SEOhio, and all of Athens county. While it may be tough to read a post where someone predicts a score that you don't like, that doesn't necessarily mean that the poster hates the program, perhaps they are sharing their honest, objective opinion (in a non-inflammatory manner), that you should respect.

I'm a little bothered by some of the reactions here, especially because I know some of you personally, and I know you are better than to stoop to name calling because you don't like the predictions (which again, is why I don't predict scores this late in the post season).

Old boy is going to get off his soap box now, sorry for the rant, but I had to say something. You folks are better than this and these kids and the community don't need this type of negative distraction on this frequently read message board.

Go Tomcats. Shoot down the Flyers and show those Western Ohio boys what "Rutter Tough" is all about. SD will be cheering you on all the way!

Oh, and BTW, there is a game on right now on STO, go watch it! AVSM and Trotwood.
Extremely well said Steely, I would certainly think that all of us could adhere to the wise words in this post! It certainly helps to keep things in perspective! Good luck Cats!

implantcat
Riding the Bench

Post by implantcat »

I have know all of these boys from the second grade. I only have two words to add to all of the posts. CATS WIN!!!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

And I like that implantcat! Those would be sweet words to hear at the conclusion of the game Saturday night! That is what we all want!

OrginialYouKnow
JV Team

Post by OrginialYouKnow »

WE ARE WHAT WE REPEATEDLY DO. EXCELLENCE, THEREFORE,IT IS NOT AN ACT BUT A HABIT.

GO CATS!!!!!!!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

GO GET THE WIN CATS!!!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

My roots are in southern Ohio and I want the tomkittens to win, but with extensive knowledge of the game of football the finial will be

Marion Local 28

Trimble 20

Leave it on the field!

Return to “Football”