Portsmouth West coaching job???

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Portsmouth West coaching job???

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

Coach T has called it quits. Who does everyone want/think will get the coaching job? This should get interesting!!!

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Re: Portsmouth West coaching job???

Post by Trojan_Pride »

endzone warrior has my vote LOL

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

:122246 Could you imagine, but sorry not interested. I would love to see someone get it that was a little more up to date though. :122245
Pendelton and Newsome would be the favorites right out of the gate IMO. You never know who may be lurking on the outside though..??? I do know this much, the school board will have plenty of time to make the right decision.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I think whoever it is has to be a good "fit". Although many people criticized him, Triplett's mentality fit in at West. He was hard-nosed and commanded respect. However, he was able to build rapport with the players (balancing those two aspects is what made him a good coach). From what I could tell (especially after the 09 season), Triplett began to become worn down by a lot of the community member's political moves, and simply burned out on West side football. I do think Triplett will be back somewhere else.

Regardless if they are old or young or if they run the T or the spread, West needs someone that commands respect and is tough. West is not an easy place to coach. The community is very result orientated and there are many kids at a socioeconomic disadvantage. However with the right person, West could be a very successful program.

My two questions are: Has West slipped down the totem pole in the Soc? Burg will sustain success, Valley should sustain success, Minford will most likely success (they are growing in numbers), and Waverly has brand-new facilities.

Is success sustainable long-term at West? It seems since the Sammons Era, the West side Admin/community has had a habit of driving good coaches to other places (technically it happened to Tipton in 1990).

I would love to see West hire an alum (our best coach in history was an alum). It would also be nice to see someone who has played college football recently, bring some new ideas to the table. But, honestly other than a select few, who fits this bill? (and no this isn't necessarily a J.Pendleton campaign).

I would think Newsome or Pendleton will apply. Also, one interesting candidate that recently resigned (similar situation as West) is Don Sizer from Batavia. Most of you haven't heard of him, but he took both Western Brown and Batavia to 10-0 season. Look him up, he would be a great fit for West (if he is interested). Thought I would throw a wildcard into the mix.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

"Coach" :122245 endzone, no one really means it bud. Besides you wouldn't even get an interview! :122246 :lol: :lol: :12223

local superstar
All State

sider wrote:I think whoever it is has to be a good "fit". Although many people criticized him, Triplett's mentality fit in at West. He was hard-nosed and commanded respect. However, he was able to build rapport with the players (balancing those two aspects is what made him a good coach). From what I could tell (especially after the 09 season), Triplett began to become worn down by a lot of the community member's political moves, and simply burned out on West side football. I do think Triplett will be back somewhere else.

Regardless if they are old or young or if they run the T or the spread, West needs someone that commands respect and is tough. West is not an easy place to coach. The community is very result orientated and there are many kids at a socioeconomic disadvantage. However with the right person, West could be a very successful program.

My two questions are: Has West slipped down the totem pole in the Soc? Burg will sustain success, Valley should sustain success, Minford will most likely success (they are growing in numbers), and Waverly has brand-new facilities.

Is success sustainable long-term at West? It seems since the Sammons Era, the West side Admin/community has had a habit of driving good coaches to other places (technically it happened to Tipton in 1990).

I would love to see West hire an alum (our best coach in history was an alum). It would also be nice to see someone who has played college football recently, bring some new ideas to the table. But, honestly other than a select few, who fits this bill? (and no this isn't necessarily a J.Pendleton campaign).

I would think Newsome or Pendleton will apply. Also, one interesting candidate that recently resigned (similar situation as West) is Don Sizer from Batavia. Most of you haven't heard of him, but he took both Western Brown and Batavia to 10-0 season. Look him up, he would be a great fit for West (if he is interested). Thought I would throw a wildcard into the mix.
Some places that is a compliment to say it is a hard place to coach but it is certain not a compliment to West because it is for all the wrong reasons.You are also correct that West is at a huge disadvantage socioecomically.The Pendleton boy isn't ready to be a head coach. I look for West to hire outside, Don Sizer would be a great hire but would he take it. My opinion, and this is no disrespect to most West folks, but after the quandary Trip dealt with, no one with any sense would touch the job with a ten foot pole. :razz: :) The few bad apples at West ruin it for everyone.JMO

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

local superstar wrote:"Coach" :122245 endzone, no one really means it bud. Besides you wouldn't even get an interview! :122246 :lol: :lol: :12223
:lol: :lol: you think I was serious...really?!? Get off my nuts already 8)

local superstar
All State

:lol:Yea your serious :lol:that is what makes you so ridiculous

local superstar
All State

THE G.O.A.T. wrote:Coach T has called it quits. Who does everyone want/think will get the coaching job? This should get interesting!!!
Arnt you related to Pendleton or Pendleton himself?

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

I know three of the coaches from last year that may want the job and are alumi of West. There you go, hire them. :roll:

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

I know I know.....you know me so well...even better than myself I guess. Please don't try and turn this topic into a chat all about me. Your cyber bully approach is really boring already. :roll:

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

local superstar wrote::lol:Yea your serious :lol:that is what makes you so ridiculous

I hope he is serious cause he wants the burg and 9 1/2 points I am going to hunt him down !! LOL

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

cg-ironton fan wrote:
local superstar wrote::lol:Yea your serious :lol:that is what makes you so ridiculous

I hope he is serious cause he wants the burg and 9 1/2 points I am going to hunt him down !! LOL
I am serious about that! Just PM me :mrgreen:

local superstar
All State

Don't worry endzone, you turn every thread into one about yourself and your grandiose facts without any help from anyone else ;-)

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

local superstar wrote:Don't worry endzone, you turn every thread into one about yourself and your grandiose facts without any help from anyone else ;-)
I defend myself and what I believe...nothing wrong with that! :?

Nothing any different than what anyone else does.

local superstar
All State

Endzone_Warrior wrote:
local superstar wrote:Don't worry endzone, you turn every thread into one about yourself and your grandiose facts without any help from anyone else ;-)

Just no one else creams themselves over Burg like you do maybe you should take up a residence there. Not many would miss you.
oh don't get me started

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

local superstar wrote:
sider wrote:I think whoever it is has to be a good "fit". Although many people criticized him, Triplett's mentality fit in at West. He was hard-nosed and commanded respect. However, he was able to build rapport with the players (balancing those two aspects is what made him a good coach). From what I could tell (especially after the 09 season), Triplett began to become worn down by a lot of the community member's political moves, and simply burned out on West side football. I do think Triplett will be back somewhere else.

Some places that is a compliment to say it is a hard place to coach but it is certain not a compliment to West because it is for all the wrong reasons.You are also correct that West is at a huge disadvantage socioecomically.The Pendleton boy isn't ready to be a head coach. I look for West to hire outside, Don Sizer would be a great hire but would he take it. My opinion, and this is no disrespect to most West folks, but after the quandary Trip dealt with, no one with any sense would touch the job with a ten foot pole. :razz: :) The few bad apples at West ruin it for everyone.JMO
I agree with a good deal of this. However, Tipton had an opportunity to jump to D1 after the 90 season and took it. I would hardly say Dick was run out of the Westside. I mean look at the unstable dumpster fire that has been his career the last 20 years. He's made more stops than a drunken sailor in port. That being said, ole Dick was probably the best coach West ever had. The social/economic problems have always been there and always will be, nothing new there. Gibson was beyond incompetent. Sammons benefitted from once in a generation talent and has done squat since. Newsome would be a huge step back, not impressed with him in the slightest. Trip was a decent coach, but nothing great. He doesn't win without talent. Period. Lastly, I agree 100% with this, wtf would touch this train wreck of a job with all the Rambo dads with a 10 foot pole?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

local superstar wrote:
Endzone_Warrior wrote:

Just no one else creams themselves over Burg like you do maybe you should take up a residence there. Not many would miss you.
oh don't get me started
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

local superstar wrote:
Endzone_Warrior wrote:

oh don't get me started
:roll: :roll: :roll: sorry it's not the mighty Tigers I speak so highly of
Last edited by Endzone_Warrior on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

I enjoy seeing u2 go at each other, makes for exciting reading !! keep up the good work I am outta here

good luck west on finding a good coach in this day and age

Return to “Football”