D5-Region 17 Final: #1 Bishop Hartley vs #3 Wheelersburg

ridgerunner
Freshman Team

D5-Region 17 Final: #1 Bishop Hartley vs #3 Wheelersburg

Post by ridgerunner »

Just heard this will be at Nelsonville-York HS. Looks to be a another great match up. Thoughts?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: D5-Region 17 Final: #1 Bishop Hartley vs #3 Wheelersburg

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Unreal. You can't tell me there wasn't a better place to play this game. I hate this drive. Nothing wrong with the field or the venue, but the drive sucks. Especially this time of year when the deer are everywhere.

Great job OHSAA!!

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

You should know that they are going to come through for the Southern Ohio teams every year..... :roll:
Oh well...atleast the venue is nice and has some orange.... ;-)
Last edited by Endzone_Warrior on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

opening vegas line HARTLEY -9 1/2

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

cg-ironton fan wrote:opening vegas line HARTLEY -9 1/2

I would jump all over that...I’ll take the 9 1/2 all day long! ;-)
Last edited by Endzone_Warrior on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

where can we meet I have seen both play ????????? LOL

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

I will be at the game... ;-)

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

My brother said he watched the highlights of the Hartley/Liberty Union game last night on Columbus TV and that he thought the Burg could beat them.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Boston Field it is.

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:My brother said he watched the highlights of the Hartley/Liberty Union game last night on Columbus TV and that he thought the Burg could beat them.
Should be a given, then, right?

Hartley ran something like 90 plays to liberty union's 30. I have followed liberty union all year. They are much better than last year. You remember what LU did to Burg last year, right?

I have not seen Wheelersburg since last year. But Hartley is good. I wouldn't underestimate them.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Bishop Hartley vs Cincinnati Withrow is on TW "on demand” for those of you who would want a look at them.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

AHM wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:My brother said he watched the highlights of the Hartley/Liberty Union game last night on Columbus TV and that he thought the Burg could beat them.
Should be a given, then, right?

Hartley ran something like 90 plays to liberty union's 30. I have followed liberty union all year. They are much better than last year. You remember what LU did to Burg last year, right?

I have not seen Wheelersburg since last year. But Hartley is good. I wouldn't underestimate them.
:122248 I highly doubt that anyone in this area (Southern Ohio) is underestimating Hartley, I think the statement was that Burg can beat them...i don’t see that as underestimating....anyone can be beat...especially at this point.

Also, this Burg team is better than last years IMO

Been very hard to get any respect from the Northerners over the years though. :roll:

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

This will be a very difficult game for Wheelersburg IMO. Burg will have to play its best all around game in all 3 phases offense,defense and special teams.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

I know this venue is nice but you can not tell me there are not a better place to play this game.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

I think Burg is more than capable of winning this game based on their recent level of execution and the outcome of the Hartley/Liberty Union game. I wasn't entirely sold on LU and thought Hartley would mop the field with them. That being said, I know Hartley will score some points but this Burg offense is a juggernaut right now. I really think Burg will score enough points to win and think the defense can slow down Hartley just enough. I'm going with Burg 27-24! Good luck!

Ps- stop crying about where the game is, it's irritating. You're playing in week 13, enjoy it!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

I was very impressed with how Wheelersburg played Saturday. That being said Hartley is a different beast. We need that same intensity and more to take em down!

Also I would love to see all of scioto county rally around the only remaining team. Come and pack the stands and THEIR stands, take over the stadium and show this team that the county is behind them!

GO BURG!

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

The Oaf wrote:I think Burg is more than capable of winning this game based on their recent level of execution and the outcome of the Hartley/Liberty Union game. I wasn't entirely sold on LU and thought Hartley would mop the field with them. That being said, I know Hartley will score some points but this Burg offense is a juggernaut right now. I really think Burg will score enough points to win and think the defense can slow down Hartley just enough. I'm going with Burg 27-24! Good luck!

Ps- stop crying about where the game is, it's irritating. You're playing in week 13, enjoy it!

Amen=right on exactly !!! ;-) Go Burg

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Wheelersburg is in GODs country! Look out bishop hartley! We will bring you a snot rag for the end of the game!
Pirates 31
hartley 20

"PRAY FOR A PIRATE"

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Oh man!! This is going to be one heck of a game. IMO I don't think Hartleys dline will be able to get enough pressure on Eddie to slow down burgs offense, but we will see... Also after watching some highlig
hts on Hartley, I see that they have an offense similar to valley and that kinda scares me.. Burs d has gotten better a the season went on but I still think we are a little soft in the middle. Hartley will smack us in the mouth. To win this game we can't let the sustain long drives.. Good luck to my pirates!!! Go get ya a regional championship. Show them boys in the north how to play some football!!

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

has anybody heard anything about the motocycle accident that happened in waverly on our way to the game lastnight? just wondering if everybodys ok?

Return to “Football”