Week 11 Monroe Central (7-3) @ Centerburg (10-0)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Week 11 Monroe Central (7-3) @ Centerburg (10-0)

Post by EasternDspy »

Do Noles have a shot?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Re: Region 21: 6. Monroe Central (7-3) @ Centerburg (10-0)

Post by Steely Dan »

I like the match up, and the Noles chances in this one. That said, one Hell of a long bus ride from Woodsfield to Knox County. At least two and a half hours, one way.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Good luck Monroe Central.

U Guys better have a good secondary and the ability to put crazy pressure on the quarterback.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I think Mikey Jones for Monroe Central is one of the better passing rushing lbs I seen all yr.

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

I agree, MC does have a chance. Take away that season opening loss to UL and MC is a major concern to all in the Region.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:Good luck Monroe Central.

U Guys better have a good secondary and the ability to put crazy pressure on the quarterback.
Good to know. I'm confident that DC Schuerman will have a strategy in place to slow down a pass happy team. MC has seen this plenty in the past. On the flip side, I'd expect MC to slow down the game and limit possessions by running the ball down Centerburg's throat, and mix it up with some passing.

This should be a good game.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Centerberg.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

While I think the 4-5 match-up is hands down the "game to watch" in Region 21's opening round, I think the MC-Centerburg game is my potential "upset" of the round. The Trojans come in with a 3-year starting QB who owns all the school's passing records (I believe he's the coach's son so I'm sure he's a lot like a coach on the field himself), but I just have a feeling on this game. Maybe it's just indigestion from eating Chipotle last night :lol: :lol: :lol: but I can't help but think the Noles are going to be another one of what almost always seems to be an infamous 6-seed to pull at least one upset in the playoffs. It wasn't long ago (2005) that Centerburg was a 6-seed that "crashed" a few teams' playoff parties by winning "then" D-5/Region 19.

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

While I don't think this is one of MC's better playoff teams... I think they have come together as a team and playing as well as they can. I wish we could go back to Week 1 and replay the Union Local game but it is what it is. The other two losses are to teams that could be playing in state championship games, so there is no shame in losing to those teams.

For MC their past few playoff losses has come down to a lack of depth. If Centerburg subs a lot along the lines they will have a huge advantage. We've been playing against teams in the playoffs that have almost entirely different offensive and defensive personnel while we play about the same 15 kids both ways.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

You look at Noles losses UL (3-7) a down Magnolia squad and Shadyside. I think Centerburg is better then all 3 but maybe Shadyside.ill take Centerburg

PvcBball
Freshman Team

Re: Week 11 Monroe Central (7-3) @ Centerburg (10-0)

Post by PvcBball »

EasternDspy wrote:You look at Noles losses UL (3-7) a down Magnolia squad and Shadyside. I think Centerburg is better then all 3 but maybe Shadyside.ill take Centerburg
I feel like the UL game doesn't give MC much justice. Nixon took over as qb the week after and the offense has been able to do so much more. Their defense has been much improved since that game as well. And I don't know how "down" magnolia really is. Of their 4 losses they have all been to quality opponents and have all been within one score. Magnolia also put a thumping on Steubenville CC this past week 24-0. And for shadyside, they will probably go as far as possible until they have to meet up with Marion Local.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Has centerburg made the playoffs since 05 when they beat burg in the first round? I remember watching game film on centerburg that year and they looked slow and lazy but man reality set in when they came to wheelersburg to play!! They were not slow or lazy at all! They were fast and physical!! Lol I'll take centerburg in this one!!

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

EasternDspy wrote:You look at Noles losses UL (3-7) a down Magnolia squad and Shadyside. I think Centerburg is better then all 3 but maybe Shadyside.ill take Centerburg
See Dspy that's why I can't get behind your opinions. You make sense and then bam out of nowhere you throw a turd out there. FF would have 1 win with Magnolia's schedule. IF they make the WV playoffs they could win it all. They may not make it but they are not down.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

selonmc wrote:
See Dspy that's why I can't get behind your opinions. You make sense and then bam out of nowhere you throw a turd out there. FF would have 1 win with Magnolia's schedule. IF they make the WV playoffs they could win it all. They may not make it but they are not down.
LOL! Exactly. He stays rational for awhile and then bam, lays another. Dspy, "laying one turd at a time since February 5th, 2008"........ :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:Has centerburg made the playoffs since 05 when they beat burg in the first round?
No, They only had one season above .500 between 05 and this year.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I'm afraid if Jay is retiring this year, this is his last game. I look for Centerburg pass game to rip up MC.

Centerburg by 14.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

If those Seminoles players get wind that Jay is actually retiring I can see this game being nothing short of a shootout in the 34-30 range.

MC is going to be sky-high if it coach Circosta's swan song, but maintaining that for 4 quarters away from home never easy.

I think those Knox County schools are really tough and I've never actually attended a playoff game where any school from Knox lost.

So I'll stay home and find this on internet radio if possible.

Good luck Noles. Hope Brown, Nixon, Carrothers and co. bring home a 'W'. Have a good one Danny Graham, Chuck Habig and the Sideliners.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Will anyone be at this game that could send me updates?

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

I'm sure it'll be on radio on WBNV 93.5 because that station does a lot of MC games. or on internet at www.yourradioplace.com

Return to “Football”