What's next for the SEOAL?

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: What's next for the SEOAL?

Post by Dundas »

Fortdawg wrote:I need to apologize to the SEOAL fans. When Athens was making it's farewell tour, and taking it's lumps, the opposing bleachers often chanted TVC, TVC, TVC. Silly me, I thought they were being derogatory---when come to find out they were praising us!

Yes sir, I had it all wrong---after reading about the love and respect the SEOAL has shown the TVC---at least on here. :)

What are you talking about? The SEOAL is more respectful than that! Lol Happen to remember which schools those chants cane from? I'm sure not all but I bet I could guess which ones!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

After having time to think about all of this SEOAL TVC crap...I am in favor of this setup.. even though it will not happen. I think it would be good for the TVC.

TVC 1
Jackson
Logan
Gallia
Warren
Athens

TVC 2
VC
NY
RV
Wellston
Meigs

TVC 3
Eastern
Southern
Wahama
SG
Alex

TVC 4
Miller
Trimble
Fed
Belpre
Waterford

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Dundas not to beat a dead horse but I think it would be a nightmare scheduling 6 non league games. Some would be okay but others would struggle to fill the schedule (with like teams). I remember poor Miller having to play Jackson one year---they had to do that because they were desperate for a game. Trimble might find itself with some trouble filling in games after the success they've had recently. My point on the Cats is do they want to play the teams that would come knocking?

It looks easier on paper than it is in real life---Miller and Eastern is a no brainer of a game that both would want. My concern is what if Miller's open dates don't match up with Eastern's? What if I'm Miller and the only team with the same open date as me in the Area Code is Sheridan? Do I play them or travel 2 or 3 hours?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Easy fix, crossover games that don't count towards divisional record. It could happen. Also, you could make 1 and 2, 6 teams and 3 and 4, 4 teams..or two 6 teams and an 8 I suppose would work.. but logistically, my setup can't be any better.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

That would be a mess!
It would turn I to a nightmare for coaches AD 's and everyone else! lol

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Then make it 6-6-8! Problem solved! Right now BOTH divisions have non league weeks to fill from week 1 thru week 10. Can't be any worse than that. Actually the 4 divisions would be easier because you're guaranteed 3 local teams that have the same non league week as you. I like it!

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

What is a Rutter? I've heard it for years on here .

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Dundas wrote:After having time to think about all of this SEOAL TVC crap...I am in favor of this setup.. even though it will not happen. I think it would be good for the TVC.

TVC 1
Jackson
Logan
Gallia
Warren
Athens

TVC 2
VC
NY
RV
Wellston
Meigs

TVC 3
Eastern
Southern
Wahama
SG
Alex

TVC 4
Miller
Trimble
Fed
Belpre
Waterford
This is very similar to what a lot of people put out there prior to the TVC meeting last year that was attended by Jackson/Logan/Gallia/Warren as I recall.

And of course there were BIG problems that were put out there by people not liking the idea, citing every possible reason. It was a MOUNTAIN that simply couldn't be climbed, I mean much tougher than sending a rocket ship to the moon or landing on a comet 327 billion miles away. I mean it just can't be done, no way possible an AD could even possibly handle that kind of pressure, oh imagine the nightmares lol, the sheer magnitude of the mess. It would require a supercomputer the size of O&B's garage to calculate the schedule. Quite possibly this would be the catalyst of doomsday if it were attempted.

Now Gallia is gone to OVC, so maybe it will be easier since a lot of the complaints were traveling to Gallia lol, but I bet now that they are gone it would be a big problem that they are not there lol.

I like it Dundas, makes some sense, but last year's meeting told the tale of the tape.

Not going to happen.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

osumufan wrote:What is a Rutter? I've heard it for years on here .

Well from its origins, it was a derogatory term aimed at poor people meaning they were dirty and filthy. Over the years it became a bit of a badge of honor to be "Rutter tough" because Rutgers had to fight and claw for everything they owned. Working multiple jobs in addition to the coal mines.
Rutters are proud of what they have, no matter how little it is because they worked hard for it.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

doubleplay643 wrote:
Dundas wrote:After having time to think about all of this SEOAL TVC crap...I am in favor of this setup.. even though it will not happen. I think it would be good for the TVC.

TVC 1
Jackson
Logan
Gallia
Warren
Athens

TVC 2
VC
NY
RV
Wellston
Meigs

TVC 3
Eastern
Southern
Wahama
SG
Alex

TVC 4
Miller
Trimble
Fed
Belpre
Waterford
This is very similar to what a lot of people put out there prior to the TVC meeting last year that was attended by Jackson/Logan/Gallia/Warren as I recall.

And of course there were BIG problems that were put out there by people not liking the idea, citing every possible reason. It was a MOUNTAIN that simply couldn't be climbed, I mean much tougher than sending a rocket ship to the moon or landing on a comet 327 billion miles away. I mean it just can't be done, no way possible an AD could even possibly handle that kind of pressure, oh imagine the nightmares lol, the sheer magnitude of the mess. It would require a supercomputer the size of O&B's garage to calculate the schedule. Quite possibly this would be the catalyst of doomsday if it were attempted.

Now Gallia is gone to OVC, so maybe it will be easier since a lot of the complaints were traveling to Gallia lol, but I bet now that they are gone it would be a big problem that they are not there lol.

I like it Dundas, makes some sense, but last year's meeting told the tale of the tape.

Not going to happen.

Hahaha.... So true

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Agreed DP and V96...there was however no vote earlier this year when they met..which is aclear violation of the TVC bylaws. If a team or teams inquire to join the league, there must be a vote to determine the outcome of the matter. No vote was cast, therefore this matter, per TVC bylaws, is not closed.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Dundas wrote:Agreed DP and V96...there was however no vote earlier this year when they met..which is aclear violation of the TVC bylaws. If a team or teams inquire to join the league, there must be a vote to determine the outcome of the matter. No vote was cast, therefore this matter, per TVC bylaws, is not closed.
They did however vote on expansion and expansion was voted down.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Dundas wrote:Agreed DP and V96...there was however no vote earlier this year when they met..which is aclear violation of the TVC bylaws. If a team or teams inquire to join the league, there must be a vote to determine the outcome of the matter. No vote was cast, therefore this matter, per TVC bylaws, is not closed.
They did however vote on expansion and expansion was voted down.
Yes but the bylaws state each team must be voted on one by one. Not grouped together. The matter was never resolved by the way of the bylaws and imo SHOULD be. A vote needs to happen. Separately.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

O&B ... the vote on expansion or np expansion was a cop out sparked by a certain principal from a TVC school. It was motioned and seconded because two schools knew that if it was all or nothing, the vote would be nothing. In all reality, had there been individual votes for each team, you may have seen one, possibly two be accepted. The matter is NOT finished and the TVC administrators should be embarrassed as to how they handled the situation. 2 in particular which I won't divulge.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

http://www.thetelegramnews.com.
Sad to see this happening but unfortunately it is. Jackson is really hung out to dry in all of this. Too good for the TVC. Too good and too big for the SOC and SVC. And, the SCOL and OVC too many travel issues.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

I think Jackson will find somewhere faster than Logan. Warren can go east with Marietta possibly. If not, then Warren will be in the same boat as Logan. Logan seems like they are not wanted. The OCC is not expanding south, the MSL just reorganized and Logan was not included. Where are they going to go?

Neil
Riding the Bench

Post by Neil »

IMO, Warren should go north to the OVAC. Two schools in Washington Co. currently in the OVAC, along with Parkersburg South. Scholarships available to the athletes and the conference/league championships will a significant upgrade. SEOAL championships are no more than glorified "quads".

We are NOT getting the votes to re-enter the TVC because of 30 year old grudges. Warren is tired of being held in contempt by some of the teams in the TVC. Athens is not the center of the athletic universe, contrary to popular belief. "Go north young man."

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

just seems like a complete mess all around this area of the state

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

HSFBFAN wrote:http://www.thetelegramnews.com.
Sad to see this happening but unfortunately it is. Jackson is really hung out to dry in all of this. Too good for the TVC. Too good and too big for the SOC and SVC. And, the SCOL and OVC too many travel issues.
Too good for the TVC???? Besides football they would be pid pack at best in most sports and wouldnt have won the league in football the last 4 years. I think they would be a good fit for the TVC if the TVC is willing to make 3 divisions.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Jackson would be another Athens in the TVC and everyone knows it.
G.W.A. wrote:
HSFBFAN wrote:http://www.thetelegramnews.com.
Too good for the TVC???? Besides football they would be pid pack at best in most sports and wouldnt have won the league in football the last 4 years. I think they would be a good fit for the TVC if the TVC is willing to make 3 divisions.

Return to “Football”