Valley 42 West 0

oldschoolcorner7
Freshman Team

Valley 42 West 0

Post by oldschoolcorner7 »

I felt West would give Minford all they could handle and West seems to be getting better and gaining confidence each passing week. This should be a GREAT game!

urban buck
Varsity

Re: WEST at VALLEY!!! Thoughts!?!?!

Post by urban buck »

Got to go with West in a close one.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Glad Burg plays Waverly, might have to goto this game too!!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Hate that I'm gonna have to miss this one. Good luck West play hard, play smart and leave it all on the field. I know you will.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

I think West beating Minford was the best scenario possible for Valley going into their match-up with West. Not as if the kids from either side need any extra motivation for this match-up, but a 3-3 West team coming off a win over previously unbeaten Minford is going to help assure that coach Crabtree and staff have the kids' full attention all week. Add to that the fact that Valley has a large number of seniors who recognize the importance of each game, and as a fan I feel very confident. That being said, I can't say enough good things about the way West's kids have rebounded from a rocky start and made a solid statement tonight!

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

This win over minford tonight will help west to prepare for what is about to come next Friday night this will make for a interesting game I say Valleys depth on the bench and their running game will over come west in the late 3rd and into the 4th...

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

30-0 was the score of last years game against Valley......West coming off a nice win against Minford who beat West last year 17-6....does history repeat itself again in this one??
My question here is what has changed from this time last year, besides West upsetting Minford?

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Endzone_Warrior wrote:30-0 was the score of last years game against Valley......West coming off a nice win against Minford who beat West last year 17-6....does history repeat itself again in this one??
My question here is what has changed from this time last year, besides West upsetting Minford?
You mean other than 12 months. This is football, you can't go off of what one team has done against another team or what happened last year. It is this year these teams everything else is just fluff. This game is simple whoever wants it more and makes the fewest mistakes wins!!!

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Will west be able to bring it two weeks in a row. If west would have lost to minford I would have been worried about this game. But like he said they got valley attention now. Valley needs to just come out and take care of business.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

A lot has been made of Minford's offensive line this year and yet West held the Falcons to less than 170 yards tonight (per WNXT). I also read a statement on another thread that said Valley will not run up the middle on West. I think something that has been overlooked about Valley by some folks is the Indians are as physical as any team in Southeast Ohio this year, as well as having the caliber athletes to compete with a team like Wheelersburg. The Indians will keep running skill kids at every position except QB all night every week and the line is fairly significant in stature themselves. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but here's Valley's offense by position:

OT - Caleb Miller 6'4" - 250lbs Senior
OG - Kyle Miller 6'4" - 250lbs Senior
C - Drew Wolford 6'2" - 225lbs Sophmore
OG - Corey Bradley 5'11" - 195lbs Senior
OT - Jordan Spradlin 6'3" - 285lbs Sophmore
TE - Hayden Dunn 6'4" - 245lbs Senior
SE - Ethan Clark-Holbrook 6'1" - 180lbs Senior
WB - Zach Shope 5'9" - 160lbs Senior
TB - Nate Arnett 6'0" - 205lbs Senior
FB - Brice Jordan 5'11" - 200lbs Senior
QB - Bryan Rolfe 6'3" - 165lbs Sophmore

Others Receiving Significant Minutes
TB - Blake Howard 5'11" - 155lbs Sophmore
RB - Alex Loop 5'10" - 190lbs Junior
TE - Dakota Baker 6'1" - 175lbs Senior
WR - Chris Flowers 5'9" - 160lbs Senior
WR - Jordan West 6'6" - 165lbs Senior
WR - Ryan Brown 6'1" - 170lbs Junior
OL - Jordan Delotell 5'10" - 225lbs Sophmore

Again, West's win tonight was a very good win, but next week is a completely different animal. I know the kids and coaching staff will recognize that, and I'm very confident they will have Valley's kids and coaching staff's full attention as well!

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Endzone_Warrior wrote:30-0 was the score of last years game against Valley......West coming off a nice win against Minford who beat West last year 17-6....does history repeat itself again in this one??

Has absolute nothing to do with this year. Stick to biddie league. :?

I think West will pull this one off. West will be ready also.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Great win for the Siders tonight.

However, Valley is a different animal. Coach Crabtree has had his way with Tripplett over the years. I think it continues. Valley by 2 scores.

BurgPunk
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgPunk »

I agree Crabs...Valley is a different animal. I have seen Minford twice and they are not that good...very predictable and no imagination on offense. West exploited their flaws last night. Look for Valley to win rather easily and set up two 8-0 teams week 9 @ Burg...can't wait! Was hoping Minford could make playoffs so SOC2 could represent in division 4, 5 and 6...but Minfords hopes were dashed last night.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Crab's brother wrote:Great win for the Siders tonight.

However, Valley is a different animal. Coach Crabtree has had his way with Tripplett over the years. I think it continues. Valley by 2 scores.
That is a stupid statement. Lets see, the first year Triplett was at West, West QB fumbled at least 3 times and still had a one td game. The 2nd year, I recall West beat Valley by 40 points or more.
Several years, the game was a nail biter and at Valley and after several blatant bad calls on fumbles, Valley gets the ball back over and over,talk about home field advantage. Never seen such a bad ref job than at Valley. Then the year West
was 7-0 going against a solid Valley team and the first few plays of the game the stud for West goes down with a terrible injury and West almost pulled the win off then. So in my opinion, West has had their share of bad luck when it comes to playing Valley. Good Luck is overdue for West against Valley. Triplett and company by 2 scores.
And Crabs brother, you been full of yourself long enough.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I'll take valley and those 12 points.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

local superstar wrote:

Has absolute nothing to do with this year. Stick to biddie league. :?

I think West will pull this one off. West will be ready also.
Oh ok... Well we'll see I guess? Your going to find out just how much you really know Friday night.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

West is once again the underdog. So what is it everyone is going to learn this time o great one. If they lose, that is what is supposed to happen with the Mighty Indians. If they win, then its an upset. So yea, stick to biddy league endzone. Or have you applied for the job yet? Better yet, just become an Indian or a Pirate cause you worship them buddy. Or maybe you just worship anyone that wins. Great sportsman you are.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

:122245 8)

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

You must like being an idiot. :lol:

No you are simply an idiot. Realistically West has a real chance but like has already been stated, you wouldn't be able to bi@@tch and moan and complain which is your MO. You need a life. Do you even have a job bud.How many times have you been kicked off this website bud 2 or 3.
Last edited by playa_44 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

urban buck wrote:West is once again the underdog. So what is it everyone is going to learn this time o great one. If they lose, that is what is supposed to happen with the Mighty Indians. If they win, then its an upset. So yea, stick to biddy league endzone. Or have you applied for the job yet? Better yet, just become an Indian or a Pirate cause you worship them buddy. Or maybe you just worship anyone that wins. Great sportsman you are.
No buddy I'm just realistic, something you all should try sometime!

Return to “Football”