Jackson 35 Warren 20

doubleplay643
S

Jackson 35 Warren 20

Post by doubleplay643 »

Someone will get back to .500 and start out league play on the right foot...which team gets it turned around?

vctransplant
All Conference

Re: Week 6: Jackson (2-3) at Warren (2-3)

Post by vctransplant »

I believe that will be the Ironmen.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson by 14+

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

warrens O didn't show up last week

baller99
Riding the Bench

Post by baller99 »

Hope the last three weeks payoff this week and we've gotten better than it looked against really good teams. We have watched these boys for years and they are really good football players and will play a lot more football for us to enjoy.i do have a fantasy football lineup for Jackson .
DEFENSE
Barger. Humphreys. Potter. D-line

Cooper. Williams. Massie. Sexton. Backers and monster

Rafferty. Fitch. Corners

Griffiths. Jones. Safety's

OFFENSE
Crabtree Woolum. Fairchild. Potter. Humphreys. Bager. Williams. Cooper. Wr, line, Te, Wr
Sexton. Quarterback

Griffiths. Rafferty. Running backs

This also leaves a lot of great kids to sub in but this looks like a hard nose lineup of football players that have proven over the years to be tough and win football games.Sorry I hope this explains better name to position correspondence. But would love to see this line up for a couple quarters just to see what happens.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

iman24 wrote:Hope the last three weeks payoff this week and we've gotten better than it looked against really good teams. We have watched these boys for years and they are really good football players and will play a lot more football for us to enjoy.i do have a fantasy football lineup for Jackson .
DEFENSE

Rafferty. Fitch. Corners

OFFENSE
Crabtree Woolum. Fairchild. Potter. Humphreys. Bager. Williams. Cooper. Wr, line, Te, Wr
Sexton. Quarterback

This also leaves a lot of great kids to sub in but this looks like a hard nose lineup of football players that have proven over the years to be tough and win football games.Sorry I hope this explains better name to position correspondence. But would love to see this line up for a couple quarters just to see what happens.

I don't understand the offensive placements at all....I'm not disagreeing, just don't understand the placements.

OL (1,2,3,4,5)
RB (1,2)....Griffiths , Rafferty
WR (1,2)
TE (1)....Williams
QB (1)...Sexton

baller99
Riding the Bench

Post by baller99 »

OL woolum Fairchild. Potter. Humphreys barger
WR Crabtree.Cooper.
Wr are not as fast but they are bigger targets that can catch and run and great down field blocking. Line is a little bigger.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Will we pass enough to even matter? A couple balls down the field early will open up the running game a touch and also allow Williams for some 10-12 yard crosses....which seem to work every time a high school team tries to do it.

baller99
Riding the Bench

Post by baller99 »

Yes Williams would be more affective as a guard if we can't find a way to get ball to him. Hope things click this week for boys just see a lot of kids that should be on field more Potters a big strong kid should be in 10th Crabtree 6'3" 185 Cooper plays harder than anybody trying to get recognized others like Barger,Sexton,Potter,Cooper,Humphreys,Crabtree to good not to be on the field all the time somewhere and all come back at least two or three years except Hump.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

iman24 wrote:Yes Williams would be more affective as a guard if we can't find a way to get ball to him. Hope things click this week for boys just see a lot of kids that should be on field more Potters a big strong kid should be in 10th Crabtree 6'3" 185 Cooper plays harder than anybody trying to get recognized others like Barger,Sexton,Potter,Cooper,Humphreys,Crabtree to good not to be on the field all the time somewhere and all come back at least two or three years except Hump.
I don't know most of those kids at all but Barger and Potter have caught my eye more than the others. Crabtree and Sexton you know where they are but I'm not connected in any way to any player and I just go and "watch" the game. New guys to the outsiders (like me) that have stood out IMO are Conley and Barger in the first couple weeks and Potter against Burg.

You guys have more in it than I do but I do go back long enough to remember Cooper, Sexton, Rafferty and Humphreys DADS play....so I've seen a lot of Ironmen football. Maybe we are trying to keep the clock rolling but we seem awfully stubborn with the running game. Our line is not very big or greatly experienced and running has been a bit of a struggle. If Williams is a D1 player....then he is also a mismatch as TE. I'd love to see 5 balls a game thrown his way. Back in 96 when we played 42 ppg Hillsboro at Portsmouth and beat them 7-3...we played great but they were so stubborn with the run and they had TJ Turner the biggest and strongest guy on the field as a TE and just wouldn't throw it to him....if they had our first playoff win would've been set back several more years. Williams isn't the mismatch Turner was....but he's definitely a match up nightmare for the teams we have remaining.

baller99
Riding the Bench

Post by baller99 »

We seem to throw to wideouts but they are so small they have lot trouble after catch Crabtree run fullback make harder for db to tackle and his size helps to throw to would loosen up middle for several dump pass to Reagan and maybe a tightend screen to force defense to tackle him. I left Edwards out at corner because of broken arm he was coming into his own and Conley at safety heard he has concussion could miss a few weeks watched these boys all play the positions I put them in for Randy Williams in the lower grades very successful be nice to see pass to gabe or rafferty in flats with a couple big receivers blocking down field help our runners on 8 to 10 yard that safety's our making tackles jmo but some good players that could be transitioned to other positions to get them on field.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

iman24 wrote:Hope the last three weeks payoff this week and we've gotten better than it looked against really good teams. We have watched these boys for years and they are really good football players and will play a lot more football for us to enjoy.i do have a fantasy football lineup for Jackson .
DEFENSE

Rafferty. Fitch. Corners

OFFENSE
Sexton. Quarterback

Could not agree more with your assessment 100%, the only thing I change is Williams to guard. He would dominate the inside, and if Griffiths or Rafferty can get by the LB level then lookout because when they are in space they are very good. We just can't get them to space because we are undersized and/or inexperienced and everyone and I mean everyone knows we are going to run the dang ball 9/10 times.

One last tweek I would just look at and that is Cooper at Fullback if Crabtree goes to WR or TE and Griffiths at a wing back or slot. Give me a lead back or fullback with an attitude and a strong physical line and we can have some success.

Warren always plays hard in every sport, so they will be difficult to beat if our physicality is lacking. We need to be stronger up front so we can be more athletic at the second level.

But you are on the right track iman24 in my opinion.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

One last thing lol and I will get to work this morning. If we could run the same play that Burg did twice where they go three wide and throw what I call a bubble screen or quick pick pass it would very effective. We used to do this with McNelly as I recall. But if you had Crabtree and Williams/Humphrey/Cooper (pick one) split out with Griffiths back off line and quick bubble pass to him then you would have some blocking and some potential for some explosive plays.

Burg ran it twice for TD's, Athens ran it and West Jefferson ran it. High percentage pass, and we all know Sexton can get the ball there in a hurry and on a line.

That and the TE seam pass which was our first play of the season against Wellston needs to be in our play book.

Ok, done being an offensive coordinator for the morning time to get to work.

baller99
Riding the Bench

Post by baller99 »

[quote="doubleplay643"]One last thing lol and I will get to work this morning. If we could run the same play that Burg did twice where they go three wide and throw what I call a bubble screen or quick pick pass it would very effective. We used to do this with McNelly as I recall. But if you had Crabtree and Williams/Humphrey/Cooper (pick one) split out with Griffiths back off line and quick bubble pass to him then you would have some blocking and some potential for some explosive plays.

Burg ran it twice for TD's, Athens ran it and West Jefferson ran it. High percentage pass, and we all know Sexton can get the ball there in a hurry and on a line.

That and the TE seam pass which was our first play of the season against Wellston needs to be in our play book.

Ok, done being an offensive coordinator for the morning time to get to work.[/quote]

our fantasy line up looks killer thats whats good about this it will always work on here. with crabtree out wide big target hard to tackle can switch in to back field and great blocking on that screen play you mentioned seen cooper block a guy on kick off for 20 yards till he finally put him on his back and williams being more involved is a must kids just to good not use more well need to work some to.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Hopefully they will toy around with some things and see some success at what just a few positional/player mix-ups could do to get some improvements. There seems to be a lot of consensus in some of the people I have talked to that just a few tweaks here and there would yield some better results all around.

Sometimes human nature for every staff or coach or anyone for that matter to be a little stubborn to some suggestions that others see as "obvious"...everyone though can now and again entertain some constructive comments and benefit from them.

Last thing we needs with this group coming for the next 5-6 years is a coaching carousel in any sport (and we have had it in basketball and baseball for the last 7 years), and let's face it after last years' vote there is a tremendous pressure I would think to run table and go 7-3 from here on out.

Following 3 tough teams and losses to playoff bound teams, we now having to go to Warren and then to Logan on some long road trips and that is going to be difficult. Need to hit the field against Warren Friday firing on all cylinders, and get this club's momentum back.

Like I have said for last 3 weeks, toy with some player/position issues, keep kids positive, let's get back to winning football games and everything else will take care of itself.

7-3 and SEOAL Championship.

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

I don't see the Ironmen at 7-3 at the end of this year. I have said from the beginning of the year that we would probably be 6-4 at best. Having said that I think at 6-4 we could win the league or maybe even a tie at 5-5.
I liked what I saw in #31 and #38 last friday. They were non stop hustle which I don't see from #6 who they say is a D1 prospect. He's a good player but I apparently haven't seen what scouts have seen.
Going on the road to Warren and Logan are gonna be tough league games. I don't think there better but they are at home and that can make a difference.
Some of the position changes I've seen in some previous posts look pretty good to me and I feel would be worth giving a shot.
Thats my two cents
Good Luck Ironmen bring that league trophy HOME!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i'll take Jackson here.

baller99
Riding the Bench

Post by baller99 »

One of the worst things for Jackson would be a coaching change alway a few classes get lost in transition. That being said last years 2-3 vote and a new school board coming we need to be thinking outside the box with this team leagues teams have played some of the same teams as good or better than us hope staff looks at every possibility to get the best football players on the field at their position or another one they can play fr so jr or senior line up offense and defense and see who's on sidelines and put players in another spot coach Williams has coached all these boys and only lost a few games could be some good input

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

iman24 wrote:That being said last years 2-3 vote and a new school board coming we need to be thinking outside the box with this team leagues teams have played some of the same teams as good or better than us hope staff looks at every possibility to get the best football players on the field at their position or another one they can play fr so jr or senior line up offense and defense and see who's on sidelines and put players in another spot coach Williams has coached all these boys and only lost a few games could be some good input
That's one heck of a run-on sentence right there... :mrgreen:

baller99
Riding the Bench

Post by baller99 »

Seems easy to do that on phone

Return to “Football”