Week 4: (0-3) Fisher Catholic at (2-1) Symmes Valley

chiefs
Varsity

Week 4: (0-3) Fisher Catholic at (2-1) Symmes Valley

Post by chiefs »

Thoughts? Predictions? (I'll put my complete thoughts after a post or two).

SV by 20+

chiefs
Varsity

Re: Week 4: (0-3) Fisher Catholic at (2-1) Symmes Valley

Post by chiefs »

Fisher is 0-3 but honestly what you can draw from the record? Lost to TCC who is a force in D7 when it comes to pass offense. Lost a tight one to D3 Buckeye Valley (generally a good team) and got shellshocked by a QB who'll be playing in the Big 10 next year vs Newark Catholic. Fisher has a good offense. Run Defense is o.k. Pass defense is porous. FC has good special teams.

I think this will be a good game. I'll have more to say later today when I have more time to write stuff.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Valley dominates, 56-12.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Is this FC's first trip to Symmes Valley? If so, I will be interested in what they say about the experience. :lol: The creative officiating will be tough to overcome unless FC is quite a bit better than SV IMO.

Vikingcountry
Waterboy

Post by Vikingcountry »

I do not know a lot about Fisher Catholic, but if Symmes Valley plays like they did Friday, they will come away with the win. Seen a lot young kids step up on Friday, the energy at SV was great. I have been waiting for someone to get fired up for SV and Brandon Craft did just that. Tyler Rowe is just a Beast, Webb and Craft really step up their game. Proud to be a Viking for life.

OrginialYouKnow
JV Team

Post by OrginialYouKnow »

Good luck Symms

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

Vikingcountry wrote:I do not know a lot about Fisher Catholic, but if Symmes Valley plays like they did Friday, they will come away with the win. Seen a lot young kids step up on Friday, the energy at SV was great. I have been waiting for someone to get fired up for SV and Brandon Craft did just that. Tyler Rowe is just a Beast, Webb and Craft really step up their game. Proud to be a Viking for life.
Fisher was always one spot too high or too low from playing Symmes in the playoffs from '02-'06. darn shame.

SV has a great program. Fisher has only twenty players (yes, they gave twenty families some dough and a new Cadillac Escalade in exchange for going to play football, LOL), but there actually is some talent in the first string (I speak as a football fan before the bias). Fisher's offense is a base spread, with an emphasis on the pistol. #29 Sam Kunkler is a strong and fast kid. His supplement at fullback is #22 Ben Kerns, not as fast as Kunkler but good field vision. The speedster Muckensturm can also be a threat running the ball, but he didn't get touches vs BV or NC.

Their QB situation is kinda peculiar. In the preseason, who we thought was going to be our QB, #3 Jared Faulkner, broke his collarbone, so senior #10 Josh Evans stepped up and had a 250 yard passing / 100 yard rushing performance against TCC. Evans had some struggle passing against Buckeye Valley and Newark Catholic (offensive line play was abysmal), and kids just dropping balls, but he is a tough nosed runner. Now that Faulkner, a very tall and athletic kid, is back for this week, it remains to be seen who will be QB. If Faulkner is QB, expect Evans to move into an H-back position, where I think he is best served.

Defensively, they are somewhat potent against the run. With twenty players, the two-way play really comes into affect.

I know FC beat SV in a 7on7, but since SV is run heavy, that's pretty much non indicative anyways.

I will NOT be able to come down, contrary to what I previously thought, due to extenuating circumstances; so if someone can PM me I will give you my cell # and if you can give me updates Friday night, I'll be indebted to you.

All in all, I think this will be a game for 3.5 quarters, but SV will prevail. This is going to be the game that shows what the Irish are really made of.

1longtimeviking
Freshman Team

Post by 1longtimeviking »

Just to let you know, you will not find reliable cell service within about 5 miles of the school in any direction. 25 miles if coming from the North.
AT&T is your only chance. If the wind blows the right direction, you stand in the right spot, hold your hand above your head and stick your tongue out you may get one bar at the school. :lol:

SV played as a team this past Friday. I hope the momentum continues.

GO VIKINGS!!!

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

I have seen SV play a total of 13 times over the past 20 years. One thing for sure when you play at their field. One of their best plays is QB sneak, when the running backs run up and push the QB forward. I have seen them gain as much as 15 yards on that play before. You can bet when it is third or fourth and short yardage that play is coming. They don't run it as much on the road though. I wonder why? :lol:

1longtimeviking
Freshman Team

Post by 1longtimeviking »

I seriously have no idea what you are talking about motivator. Could you please explain?

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

1longtimeviking wrote:I seriously have no idea what you are talking about motivator. Could you please explain?
Sure you do, if you have ever watched a game at SV. They snap the ball to the QB, and the backs run up and push him forward as he moves forward. I have seen a few officials throw a flag on them for this, as it is not legal. Only once at their place though, and that was a playoff games. I have seen them flagged a few times on the road though.

vike fan
Riding the Bench

Post by vike fan »

Sorry F.C. fan didnt see youre thread till today. I think the viking will take this one 30-14 this young team is much improved in a short time,great energy last week.If coaches will let this team play with a little fire in them, they will make coaches look good, these young kids are great when you let them play with emotion! Oh yeah and the Graybeal boy was lights out at linebacker about time someone through him a bone!!!!!!!!

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

If someone from SV can give me updates; then I'll buy your concessions for when SV comes to Lancaster next year. PM me

Edit: just saw the cell phone comment. Is there a radio station covering this? If so, what will it be?

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

Game day, good luck boys!

Vikingcountry
Waterboy

Post by Vikingcountry »

FC fan, I'll try and keep this post updated. IF your on facebook I will at least send a message at the end of the game. I live 5 minutes from the school. I always like to see a great game, love Friday night lights at Symmes Valley.

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

I don't do Facebook my man, sorry. But I appreciate you'll keep us posted on here (in any way you conveniently can, it's appreciated).

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

I think what will be an X-factor is how short of a field will Fisher be working with tonight on offense. I hope for SV's sake they have a good kickoff defense team, because FC has some kids that'll turn on the jets. I think FC's average starting position after kickoffs is around midfield. Skill on offense will be a key for Fisher, because the FC line will get worn pretty easily after a while.

FC had to do some shuffling in the secondary due to injuries. Now there's a lot more speed in the secondary for tonight.

Should be a good game; whoever has the best linebacker play wins, IMO!

Five Point
JV Team

Post by Five Point »

SV has Wi Fi now...someone should be able to update on here from their phone.

Amarranavajas
Freshman Team

Post by Amarranavajas »

Five Point wrote:SV has Wi Fi now...someone should be able to update on here from their phone.
When did Kentucky start getting Wi-fi capabilities? :lol:

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

Any updates?

Return to “Football”