(3-1) Raceland @ (0-3) Coal Grove

Pocket Aces
S

(3-1) Raceland @ (0-3) Coal Grove

Post by Pocket Aces »

Hornets look to bounce back off tough home loss to the best team in the area (Lucasville Valley), I look for the Hornets to have a great week of practice and get win number one of the season at home vs Raceland. Gonna be a tough one, gotta work hard this week!
Last edited by Pocket Aces on Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

maniac66
All State

Re: 0-3 CG @ ? Waverly

Post by maniac66 »

Hornets get their first win and end the season 6-4

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

Pocket Aces wrote:Hornets look to bounce back off tough home loss to the best team in the area (Lucasville Valley), I look for the Hornets to have a great week of practice and get win number one of the season

they play raceland next 0-4 before they get a win!!

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
Pocket Aces wrote:Hornets look to bounce back off tough home loss to the best team in the area (Lucasville Valley), I look for the Hornets to have a great week of practice and get win number one of the season

they play raceland next 0-4 before they get a win!!

Wow, you're a really positive "fan" aren't ya. These are kids, trust me - they don't enjoy losing.

I was mistaken on the opponent, CG is indeed at home vs Raceland. Hornets 32 Raceland 26. I believe in my boys.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I believe they can win out but I do think they will end 6-4 they do have raceland and proctorville left and neither team is a push over.
I hope they do win out because I like the Hornets and have several good friends in Coal Grove but a 0-3 start and tough schedule takes a toll on the best of teams.
I may not be a super fan but I'm not a hater either I hope the best for this Hornet team and may all the young men Stay Healthy.

local superstar
All State

Re: CG home vs Raceland

Post by local superstar »

Raceland is good this year. Should be a good match up, got to go with the Ohio team but gut says Rams.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

Ball control with no turnovers and the Grove wins. I'll take the Grove by 10!!!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Made my first trip to Raceland during week zero and they are big, fast and good.

They win this game by two scores at least.

#1 IS THE REAL DEAL FOR THEM

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

Hornets need a win.........good luck to the Bees

Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

I just hope we have a better effort this week!

cghornet10
JV Team

Post by cghornet10 »

Hopefully the running game opens up a little better this week than it did against Valley. CG's O-line has to give Rigsby more time in the pocket though.

Rough opening to the season, but I'm still gonna stick with the Grove.

CG- 26
Raceland- 14

SEpanthermom
Riding the Bench

Post by SEpanthermom »

Raceland by 14 in this one. They are very big, strong, and balanced team. The only way I see them going down in this one is if coal grove is served up some home cooking by the zebras.

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

native blood wrote:Raceland by 14 in this one. They are very big, strong, and balanced team. The only way I see them going down in this one is if coal grove is served up some home cooking by the zebras.
If my Tiger memory serves me correct. State champs Belfrey Ky played Ironton and lost 35-0. Point being Ky football big strong fast is a lil bit different than Ohio big strong fast. When it comes to football. Cg runs up the middle all night long wins 35-16. CG lacks football success when comparing to Ironton. However , they have the elite strength / lifting program.
Raceland hasn't seen big and strong. But they will Friday. Play well CG show them some southern Ohio hospitality

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I took Coal Grove in the pick'em contest I believe they can win this one

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

I am wishing Coal Grove best of luck from Lucasville. The Grove is better than their record shows. Just IMO, Valley played the best game they have played so far this year. And as far as "Home cooking from the Zebras", you can always count on that when you play Coal Grove at Coal Grove. The Zebras tried a little of that last Friday, but the game was so far gone at that point it didnt matter. And its hard to complain about officiating when you are up 40+ points

urban buck
Varsity

Re: (3-1) Raceland @ (0-3) Coal Grove

Post by urban buck »

Grove wins handily. Good Luck Hornets.

SEpanthermom
Riding the Bench

Post by SEpanthermom »

youthsportsfan wrote:
native blood wrote:Raceland by 14 in this one. They are very big, strong, and balanced team. The only way I see them going down in this one is if coal grove is served up some home cooking by the zebras.
If my Tiger memory serves me correct. State champs Belfrey Ky played Ironton and lost 35-0. Point being Ky football big strong fast is a lil bit different than Ohio big strong fast. When it comes to football. Cg runs up the middle all night long wins 35-16. CG lacks football success when comparing to Ironton. However , they have the elite strength / lifting program.
Raceland hasn't seen big and strong. But they will Friday. Play well CG show them some southern Ohio hospitality
Maybe so, and Ironton says its only Ashland too. I do not have a dog in either hunt but I have kept up with both of them and am only making my predictions right or wrong.

airborne
Waterboy

Post by airborne »

the hornets turn it around this week. CG by 18. look for the Hornet backs to have a big night

KOOLKOACH
Freshman Team

Post by KOOLKOACH »

Things are begining to become more clear now!

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

For the Grove the Playoffs start tonight, yes the Grove is still in the hunt or at least according to Drew Pastuer's site.

#496 Dawson-Bryant (Coal Grove) (0-3) 89.5
Ranked #56 of 105 in Division VI, #13 in Region 21
Overall strength-of-schedule 0.641, #236 toughest (of 720)
Division VI strength-of-schedule 0.750, #10 toughest (of 105)
Conference championship: 15% outright, 36% at least a share
Projected record 4-6, win total probabilities 2W-6% 3W-19% 4W-33% 5W-28% 6W-12%
Harbin projections (ranges): 4W-7.3(3.6-11.5) 5W-9.6(5.8-14.1) 6W-12.4(9.5-16.4) 7W-15.1(11.9-17.3)
Playoff probabilities: 4W-1% 5W-15% 6W-72% 7W-99%

Home game probabilities: 5W-1% 6W-1% 7W-24%
Seed projections (ranges): 4W-#out (7-#out) 5W-#out (#4-#out) 6W-#8 (#3-#out) 7W-#5 (#1-#out)
Projected 7.35 Harbin points (divisor 100), projected out (best #1, worst out)
Playoff chance 14%, 1% chance of a home game
Playoff chance 34% with a win this week, and 8% with a loss

I know it is only week four, but for the Grove the playoff chase starts tonight.

Return to “Football”