Wheelersburg 39 Coal Grove 20

Pocket Aces
S

Wheelersburg 39 Coal Grove 20

Post by Pocket Aces »

Hornets off a home loss, burg off road win. Go Hornets!

A-Town Big Dog
S

Re: Week 2: coal grove (0-1) at wheelersburg (1-0)

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I was a bit surprised at both of those scores last night, I know Ironton is down some from where they were is years past but it is still a tough place to play and Burg appeared to do it with ease. That series between Coal Grove and Meigs is unpredictable as it gets, every year the score is all over the map and the team I think will win going in ends up losing. I'd have to think that the Pirates are way to much for the Hornets but time will tell.

West99
Waterboy

Post by West99 »

Come on school board, its time to quit letting an assistant coach run the team & the coach wonder aimlessly on the sidelines...is it not bad enough the assistant coach has no idea how to coach football, u let him also pretend to b a basketball coach...lets get some integrity back into hornets athletics...can the girls on the school board get some balls & make some intelligent changes? Losing games do to being outcoached repeatedly should not b accepted by hornet fans

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

tigermom40 wrote:Come on school board, its time to quit letting an assistant coach run the team & the coach wonder aimlessly on the sidelines...is it not bad enough the assistant coach has no idea how to coach football, u let him also pretend to b a basketball coach...lets get some integrity back into hornets athletics...can the girls on the school board get some balls & make some intelligent changes? Losing games do to being outcoached repeatedly should not b accepted by hornet fans
i went to ironton game , so how was cg out coached ? ironton is still un predictable cause when u have that many turnovers your doomed!! ironton defense was on field almost the entire 1st quarter.

West99
Waterboy

Post by West99 »

CG coaches always get out coached when things get tight and I agree Ironton is going to be in trouble if they don't get the fumbles under control and stupid mistakes.They are very inexperienced this year and have a lot to learn but they do have talent but so does cg but the coach chokes under presssure.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

tigermom40 wrote:CG coaches always get out coached when things get tight and I agree Ironton is going to be in trouble if they don't get the fumbles under control and stupid mistakes.They are very inexperienced this year and have a lot to learn but they do have talent but so does cg but the coach chokes under presssure.
So tigermom.... Please elaborate on how the Grove got out coached. The coaches gave up 50+ points?

smartguy06
Freshman Team

Post by smartguy06 »

I have to agree with tigermom to some extent. I was not at the Coal Grove game last night, but everyone knows when the game is tight, the Lucas camp freezes. For example, a couple of years ago they ran through the OVC until they had to play at Chesapeake. The Grove was the better team but Lucas (Dave or Jay - take your pick) got outcoached. They continue to run trap after trap, rarely mixing up the plays. If they have to rely on the pass, they might as well quit, because it's awful. Coal Grove is a good OVC team because the OVC is not that good overall. Outside the OVC, they struggle. That's why are against bringing anyone else into the league with some football success because they might not have a chance to win it. Coal Gove needs new coaches that want to grow the program and conference instead of hinder them.

gogrove9
JV Team

Post by gogrove9 »

They had over 300 yds of passing last night. I wouldn't call that awful, would you?

West99
Waterboy

Post by West99 »

I don't feel that there passing game is bad except for the fact that the coaches do not want to use it enough I agree they just want to rely on the trap play and everyone in this area knows how to stop that and I agree they need a new coach that wants to improve and help the program grow.

smartguy06
Freshman Team

Post by smartguy06 »

No I would not call 300 yards awful. I believe that's a great game, but I also realize who the opponent CG was playing. I would not call that stiff competition by any means. I am just saying when CG plays a team that is just as good or better than them, they pucker up.

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

Burg 20plus

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

Burg big!!! I think Burg can score as many points as they want. With that said I believe CG will score some but not enough. Good luck to both squads!

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

Burg by a lot.

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

EM III dominates this year! Burg by a bunch.....

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Burg in a huge score. Miller dominates, lets hope he as well as both teams stay injury free, not sure what type shoulder injury he sustained. Good Luck to both, easy win for Burg.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

I wouldn't want to be the Grove this week. Good Luck to both teams.

no excuses
Waterboy

Post by no excuses »

Burg way to much for the Hornets

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

hornets control the clock and they wont lose as bad as ironton did!!!!!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

heck lucas has been there forever. they looked athletic and fast in 7 on 7

TShep17
JV Team

Post by TShep17 »

It'll be a points crazy game until the 2nd half then Wheelersburg takes over

Wheelersburg-49

Coal Grove-21

Good luck to both teams

Return to “Football”