Ironton and Coal Grove Jamboree

maniac66
All State

Re: Ironton and Coal Grove Jamboree

Post by maniac66 »

Both teams running game looked good at times # 38 for Ironton was lighting quick and Coal Grove had some good backs.
Ironton's passing game improves they good do some real damage in the air.
Ironton's tackling was suspect but I believe they will improve on that.
Coal Grove looks like they will have a fine year them self's.
Glad both teams seemed to come out injury free Good Luck to both teams as the Season starts

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

What was the score?

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

mattash wrote:What was the score?
6-7 Ironton after 1
12-14 Ironton after 2
First string

2nd string.
26-20 CG after 3
26-26 final. I believe

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

oops sorry 26-26 lol Was Talking and thinking story of my life lol

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Wow, didn't expect that.

bigpoppy20
Riding the Bench

Post by bigpoppy20 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
fuzzhead wrote:Could be the most interesting Ironton/CG jamboree since this thing started a few years back. Ironton lost a bunch of players from a somewhat lackluster campaign last year and lots of people don't know what to expect out of them. Coal Grove lost players too, but had plenty of depth to fall back on and are once again picked to win their conference and be a playoff contender. After hearing all the talk about the preview against South Point, I'd expect to see a bit of a chip on the shoulders of of the Hornets.

if this was a REAL game Ironton wins easily!!
Obviously this isn't true. It would be a good matchup to have these two play in a regular season game. Many would argue that CG might be the best in not just the OVC, but the whole county.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Wow!!! which I could have been there to see this game. I heard a different story about the game from someone else that was there. He thought they both look like crap. He said CG look a little better than Ironton and he feels it could be a long year for the Tigers. Are Ironton boys still out of shape or what? I guess we will find out next week when they play the Burg. How did Irontons line look? Are they big , fast, slow can they hit hard? I just can't picture Coal Grove staying with Ironton on a football field. The grove has always been big and slow up front. If they are the best in Lawrence Co. that's not saying a whole lot this year.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

It was just a scrimmage I don't think either team wanted to show to much and just worked on the basics.
Ironton had some nice runs and so did Coal Grove.
Ironton needs to shore up there tackling and I am sure Coal Grove is thinking the same same after some big plays was allowed.
Other than that I think both teams will do fins this year.

Logan_Buckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Logan_Buckeye »

Just want to wish my buddies in Ironton a healthy and successful football season..

Gus
Freshman Team

Post by Gus »

bigpoppipop wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:
fuzzhead wrote:Could be the most interesting Ironton/CG jamboree since this thing started a few years back. Ironton lost a bunch of players from a somewhat lackluster campaign last year and lots of people don't know what to expect out of them. Coal Grove lost players too, but had plenty of depth to fall back on and are once again picked to win their conference and be a playoff contender. After hearing all the talk about the preview against South Point, I'd expect to see a bit of a chip on the shoulders of of the Hornets.

if this was a REAL game Ironton wins easily!!
Obviously this isn't true. It would be a good matchup to have these two play in a regular season game. Many would argue that CG might be the best in not just the OVC, but the whole county.
Yeah right! Coal Grove will never be the best in the county at any sport!!!!!!

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Be careful!

scarlettandgreyhillboy
Freshman Team

Post by scarlettandgreyhillboy »

Wow! The lack of Tiger Chest Thumpers on this thread after this game just jumps off the page, the longest season in a half century for Ironton?

StonewallJackson89
Riding the Bench

Post by StonewallJackson89 »

Ironton has one player that was decent. He was very fast and he made coal grove look silly at times. Ironton will lose a lot of games this year for sure. They can throw the ball a little but they were playing against a secondary that is extremely slow and non athletic. I wish these kids the best and I hope they do well all season long. Coal grove still just runs up the middle everytime and they try to control the ball. The more you handle the ball the more chance of fumbling or something going bad. Watching this offense is like watching paint dry. Not the kids fault they just do what Big Dad tells them to do. Number 21 was a pretty good player and very low to the ground. If any team has a passing game that plays CG will have a huge night. Ironton will go 2-8 and CG will do a little better because they play in the OVC conference. 5-5. Ironton plays some pretty good teams and it will be a tough year for them. I hope no body takes offense, these players are kids and they are doing the best that they can! Good luck and prove me wrong!

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

I temper this thread many years ago.
This is where talk was the OVC disbanding and I heard the rumor they was expanding.
I mentioned they was looking at Ironton,Gallia and Portsmouth and everyone thought I was nuts lol.
Now we are talking about Ironton getting kicked out.
Also look at all the old timers on here.
Great post back then.

Return to “Football”