Hannibal River 17 @ Fort Frye 23 Final

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Hannibal River 17 @ Fort Frye 23 Final

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye returns 4 lineman and Chandler Lang the best QB in the league.They did lose Spencer Lang 1400 total yards 17 Tds, Max Albach 1000 yard rusher, Dylan Bowman best lineman, Tyser Schilling big TE and pass rusher, and Justin Massey 7 INTs
Last edited by EasternDspy on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Re: Hannibal River @ Fort Frye Week 1

Post by PVC MAN »

Go River!!!!!!!!!!

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Post by riverpilot33 »

River also lost their best O lineman & a 1000 yard rusher. Still return 3 starters from last years OL & RB who rushed for over 800. Also have a nice group of young receivers. 4 out of front 7 on D have considerable varsity experience. Rivers young QB will be tested early in this game. Should be a good measuring stick for both teams.

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

Saw River in a 7 on 7 at Bellaire, they will be fine, better then many think.

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Post by riverpilot33 »

Overachieving Pilot linemen take first place out of 16 teams at Shadyside Big Cat Lineman Challenge yesterday. Faced some MUCH bigger competition. Rosen benched 185 23 times for second place.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

River is always very solid. I'm interested to see if Fort Frye will be able to build off of last year's success. The Pilots always seem to be strong in the trenches, which makes them especially tough early on.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I look for Tanner Rice to have a huge yr as the teams starting rb.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Was told at Bellaire 7-on-7 passing scrimmage the Pilots RAN the ball the first 3 plays. What's up with that? And the kid at QB had the worst throwing motion. I dunno, maybe the Pilots are gonna run the ball behind those strong linemen? I know they caught Fort Frye at the right time last year in game 1. I will know more after I see a 'real' scrimmage. Best of luck Pilots but reports I get for those pay-to-play Pilots is a 2-8 season at best.

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

Not sure but I believe that River does scrimmage Bellaire.

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Post by riverpilot33 »

River won't be able to hang against Bellaires passing attack as we saw in the 7 on 7. River also will not face an offense like that in the regular season. May not have the best mechanics yet but Rivers young QB completed his fair share of passes against Bellaire. I could be wrong, but if River can stay healthy I see them AT WORST a 5-5 team. May just surprise some people. As said, Waterford scrimmage will tell a lot.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Waterford is pretty bad FF has out scored them 112-13 last 2 seasons.

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Post by riverpilot33 »

I'm just interested to see what a couple of the younger players can do in actual game situation.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

That's the thing about this year's team. The younger kids really need to grow up fast. A smaller roster will force River to play a lot of sophomores.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

riverpilot33 wrote:River won't be able to hang against Bellaires passing attack as we saw in the 7 on 7. River also will not face an offense like that in the regular season. May not have the best mechanics yet but Rivers young QB completed his fair share of passes against Bellaire. I could be wrong, but if River can stay healthy I see them AT WORST a 5-5 team. May just surprise some people. As said, Waterford scrimmage will tell a lot.
When is the Waterford scrimmage, and where is it?

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Post by riverpilot33 »

At Hannibal, not sure of date.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

River have a passing game?

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Post by riverpilot33 »

River-a bunch Waterford-0

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yea Waterford is down from even last yr when FF had the ball 9 times and scored 63 points by middle of 3rd.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

riverpilot33 wrote:River-a bunch Waterford-0
Are you saying River scored a bunch? I thought they were down this year? Who is the next scrimmage against, and where is it and when is it? I was told coach Flannery's son is QB, did he look good? Will the lack of busing cause the Powhaten Point kids to head north? Or will it not be a factor?

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Post by riverpilot33 »

River ran the ball at will against a overmatched Waterford team. Sapp scored the first time he touched the ball. Cross scored several times receiving & rushing. Defense also scored a couple. Second half was pretty much all passing. I think QB will be fine, just needs reps. Threw some nice balls last night. I said all along that River is not going to be down nearly as much as a lot think. Good bunch of young kids that nobody saw last year.

Return to “Football”