Trimble 40 Nelsonville-York 0

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Trimble 40 Nelsonville-York 0

Post by Orange and Brown »

Well folks it is that time of year again.
The annual battle for the FNB Trophy is almost hear.

It looks like the Cats will be the favorites coming into the game but we all know you can't count out the Buckeyes.

This is my favorite game of the season because it is always the hardest hitting game of the season for both teams.

So who do you got?
What's the final score gonna be?

LET THE SMACK TALK BEGIN!!!!!!!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Nelsonville-York @ Trimble Sat Aug 31st (wk1)

I got the Bucks in a 6 point upset!!!!!!!!!

GO BUCKS GO!!!!
NY-12
TRIMBLE-6

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

No way in hell Trimble is held to just 6 points with Konner Standley, Justice Jenkins, Jacob Konns, Austin Downs and Bryce Smathers at the skill positions on offense ... not to mention a solid O-line to block for them.

If NY is to win, it would have to be a 21-20 type of victory, O & B.

IMO

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

93Bulldog wrote:No way in hell Trimble is held to just 6 points with Konner Standley, Justice Jenkins, Jacob Konns, Austin Downs and Bryce Smathers at the skill positions on offense ... not to mention a solid O-line to block for them.

If NY is to win, it would have to be a 21-20 type of victory, O & B.

IMO
History shows that the games played at Glouster are close games and also low scoring games.
One thing you are forgetting is that Trimble starts slow. It takes them a few weeks to get the O rolling.
Regardless of who has the best skill position players on Offense, this will be a defensive football game.

To be honest that score can go either way. Trimble is clearly the favorite and as long as they stay healthy and the kids have been working hard all summer (which has been an issue in the past) they should roll through there schedule for the most part.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

They didn't start to slow last year racking up 21 points on a Nelsonville-York defense that was pretty darn good ... its the exact same offense O & B, except Justice Jenkins is now a sophomore and will be getting a lot more carries this year I'm sure ... I know what history says in being defense games between the two teams, but I just don't see the Tomcats being shut down by anyone this year ... if it wasn't for Joe Burrow and that 4-wide offense Athens runs, Konner Standley would be the most talked about QB in Southeastern Ohio ... You should know, he torched the 'Bucks last year for 180 yards on the ground and scored all 3 TD's ...

Now I'm not saying Trimble will win, NY could easily waltz into Glouster Memorial and pull out the victory ... I just think they will have to score at least three touchdowns to win.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

93Bulldog wrote:They didn't start to slow last year racking up 21 points on a Nelsonville-York defense that was pretty darn good ... its the exact same offense O & B, except Justice Jenkins is now a sophomore and will be getting a lot more carries this year I'm sure ... I know what history says in being defense games between the two teams, but I just don't see the Tomcats being shut down by anyone this year ... if it wasn't for Joe Burrow and that 4-wide offense Athens runs, Konner Standley would be the most talked about QB in Southeastern Ohio ... You should know, he torched the 'Bucks last year for 180 yards on the ground and scored all 3 TD's ...

Now I'm not saying Trimble will win, NY could easily waltz into Glouster Memorial and pull out the victory ... I just think they will have to score at least three touchdowns to win.
Either way it should be another classic.
I am sure I will see you there.

nbookman
Waterboy

Post by nbookman »

This is always a great game to start the season... I know our Buckeyes are a hard hitting team on defense and those boys love to hit... :12223 ... they have been working really hard and if its all about the defense then we may be the winning team this year... This game causes alot of hype and is an great way for both teams to start their great seasons... Good Luck to both teams... Play hard ,, Play smart and Please Play safe... but im sure its going to be a Buckeye Victory.....

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Adams will have needed to improve vastly over his performances last season for Trimble to really respect the passing attack of the Bucks, if he hasn't and the Trimble D line play is anything like last season.....look out, it could be a long night in Glouster. N-Y does have a history of putting together surprising seasons with groups that are a bit under the radar at first and this could be one of those type of years (with some really talented younger kids who have yet to prove anything under the lights) so I won't totally count them out but I'll take Trimble in a game much like last year something like 20-14.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

It seems that Trimble has had the Buckeyes number under Boston Jr., but one loss to me feels like 10. Anyone know Boston's record as head coach vs. Trimble?

Ny92
Freshman Team

Post by Ny92 »

Really glad its a Saturday game. I'll be making the drive down from columbus for it. the entire off season i have said the cats win big. lately I've had this gut feeling its going to be a upset. GO BUCKS!

nbookman
Waterboy

Post by nbookman »

A-Town Big Dog 2 wrote:Adams will have needed to improve vastly over his performances last season for Trimble to really respect the passing attack of the Bucks, if he hasn't and the Trimble D line play is anything like last season.....look out, it could be a long night in Glouster. N-Y does have a history of putting together surprising seasons with groups that are a bit under the radar at first and this could be one of those type of years (with some really talented younger kids who have yet to prove anything under the lights) so I won't totally count them out but I'll take Trimble in a game much like last year something like 20-14.

I do believe that the Buckeye JV ended up having more playing time on Fridays then alot of the Varsity... They are going to have a lot of surprises for the next upcoming season...I believe we are returning quite a few boys that have had their time under the lights ,,,, mix in a few surprise players here and there and I'm pretty sure that they will have this one... Atleast if our boys come out to play... It will be a close, hard hitting game,,,Its a great game to watch because alot of us have personal connections and know players on both teams.. these boys are friends until the lights come on... but the buckeyes have it....

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

Boston Jr.'s record against the Cats is 6-4. Trimble i would bet has had more success against the bucks during his tenure than any other team on the bucks schedule during this time. Speaking for teams that have played them for the last ten years. I think Athens won 3 but no one else has hardly even beat them.
Back to this years game.
I will take the cats 28-0.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

All I gotta say is get there early or don't come at all.........

I can't wait for kickoff!!!!

GO BUCKS GO!!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Orange and Brown wrote:All I gotta say is get there early or don't come at all.........

GO BUCKS GO!!!!
I'll be their at 5:00 ... is that early enough, O & B?

:mrgreen:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

93Bulldog wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:All I gotta say is get there early or don't come at all.........

GO BUCKS GO!!!!
I'll be their at 5:00 ... is that early enough, O & B?

:mrgreen:
That's cutting it pretty close! :mrgreen:

I'll be up that way around 3:00.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Can we wait to see each team scrimmage first lol but I'd say Trimble is the favorite right now because they have more experience coming back but I'll give my predict after the scrimmage season

05buckeye
JV Team

Post by 05buckeye »

Ahhhhh let's see...... Buckeyes win!!! Feels sooo good to be back!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Here kitty kitty kitty.........

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Orange and Brown wrote:Here kitty kitty kitty.........
haha, thats awesome. Dont forget Trolls live and hide under bridges

n4sir
Freshman Team

Post by n4sir »

I remember him saying the same thing last year!!! LMAO

Return to “Football”