RIVER VALLEY FOOTBALL 2013

RVRaiderFan
All State

RIVER VALLEY FOOTBALL 2013

Post by RVRaiderFan »

What are everyone's thoughts on Coach Sparling's 2013 edition of the RV Raiders?

I followed this team through the radio booth with Richard Stephens last season, got to see a lot of the younger talent (especially freshmen) play several varsity games last season. Very intrigued by the Soph QB Hardway taking over the reigns after getting plenty of playing time in 2012.

I believe the schedule is the same as last year with non-conf opponents, Southern, Adena, Meigs, N-Y and Alexander.

Thoughts, comments, predictions?!?

GO RAIDERS IN 2013!!

sandman
Freshman Team

Re: RIVER VALLEY FOOTBALL 2013

Post by sandman »

Hopefully, this year will mark a new beginning for the Raiders. I have lost track of the team over the past few seasons but hope to begin following them again. There have been a lot of good players in the program over the years but for whatever reason the wins have not happened. I hope the upcoming season will turn things around. I hear good things.

It used to be that you could not post anything about the Raiders on this site without several comments. Now it is hard to get any. Perhaps we should create our own buzz, like our competitors have done in the past and still do, and spark a new attitude. Many of us out here no longer know those involved and it would be nice to have some information. Remember, every team starts the season with a perfect record. Good luck to Coach Sparling and the Raiders.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

bump

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

When do the Raiders go to the TVC?

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I believe 2014

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

noreply66 wrote:When do the Raiders go to the TVC?
Next season the raiders will be The 7th member of the TVC-Ohio

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

If Bickers plays and they can keep him from fighting Raider fans will see the most exciting player RV has had in a while. If they don't learn to play defense they won't win a game! Talent is decent Qb is athletic Bradley and Vickers are playmakers will the rest of the team come to play?
Last edited by bevo on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

My expert opinion is 2 wins this year. Gone after that

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Well might be good you predicted on this one because you are never right about anything

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

What are you right about Bevo not much.

mr.hyde
Riding the Bench

Post by mr.hyde »

Expect some surprises this year.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Good luck to River Valley in their final OVC season.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Good luck RV. Cant wait to see ya next year as the newest member to the TVC Ohio.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Very excited to see the young Raiders this season. They definitely have some play makers on the offensive side of the ball, with QB Dayton Hardway, and 2 very athletic, quick players in Austin Bradley and Dustin Bickers. I think the key to this season will be Defense for the Raiders. How quickly can they come together as a unit, and make plays. That will be the key.

GO RAIDERS!!!!

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

BBallin fool wrote:What are you right about Bevo not much.
I was right about you being a fair weather fan running from GA to SG who you rooting for this year Fool?

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

How many kids does RV have this year? Looking forward to the Jamboree game vs. SG and RV joining TVC . If people want to see a well run jamboree game they need to check this game out. It's a celebration event that fans from both schools really look forward to. Just a ton of energy and excitement and is usually a standing room only crowd that raises a lot of money for the programs. I think both programs most recently used some of the funds to purchase all new weight room equipment for the new field houses.

I know a lot of people would love to see the 2 schools play in the regular season but a downside would be losing this event. Good luck to both for the upcoming season.

Return to “Football”