Riding the Bench

Ironton 2013

Post by timbo52 »

IRONTON FOOTBALL 2013

timbo52
Riding the Bench

Re: IRONTON FOOTBALL 2013

Post by timbo52 »

any thoughts? i know we have some size on the line and we have plently of young talent in the backfield, If they step up we could have a good year. QB looks to be set, maybe throw in Jacob as a wide receiver because he has speed, alot of questions, we need to get off to a good start with the burg, playing at home will help, Lets hear from the Irontons fan. :!:

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

I see you guys got some good transfers from some of the local Lawrence county schools! Two from South Point and one from coal Grove that I know of! shocking! ;-)

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

My daughter played basketball this summer with a girl from Fairland. Her brother is a good lineman and a very big boy. Their parents said ironton sent them the invite to come and play there. He is seriously considering it. But they don't recruit :-D

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Post by Charley Hustle »

unclebob wrote:I see you guys got some good transfers from some of the local Lawrence county schools! Two from South Point and one from coal Grove that I know of! shocking! ;-)
I'll bet u didn't know we got 2 cheerleaders from Rock Hill and the Head Majorette from Chesapeake.......talk about shocking...

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Westfan wrote:My daughter played basketball this summer with a girl from Fairland. Her brother is a good lineman and a very big boy. Their parents said ironton sent them the invite to come and play there. He is seriously considering it. But they don't recruit :-D
Funny how that works, huh? Around these parts they are known affectionately as 'The Lawrence County All-Stars". Even so, I am still sad that The Blue Devils dropped them from the football schedule.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Charley Hustle wrote:
unclebob wrote:I see you guys got some good transfers from some of the local Lawrence county schools! Two from South Point and one from coal Grove that I know of! shocking! ;-)
I'll bet u didn't know we got 2 cheerleaders from Rock Hill and the Head Majorette from Chesapeake.......talk about shocking...
I guess the majorette wanted to twirl pretty bad cause I don't think the Peake has majorettes! My theory on this is live in the district you go to. This shopping for a good fit for your child athletically needs to stop.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

They transfer for the tradition cause the coaching sta ff hasnt proven they have what it takes! They had 20+ seniors last year and one running back Lewis that got them out of all kinds of messes.
Last edited by urban buck on Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Since you seem to know, who are they and what grades are they going to be in?

What about the Ironton JR that transferred to South Point, I hear they are looking for great things from him.

we will have a pretty young team for the most part and playing a very tough schedule. I wouldn't be surprised to see Webb, a Freshmen Linemen starting along side his brother on the Varsity team this year, he's big and pretty fast for his size. Looks like we have a pretty strong Sophomore class this year led by RB's Long and Young. Cox should be solid at QB. It will be interesting to see how the Lines shapes up. I stopped by the track the other day and seen about 25 players out running and there was some BIG boys out there.

GO TIGERS.......

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

The Webb boys are also past Pointers but they did at least move into the I ronton district. the JR we got from Ironton went to Elementary and most of middle school at South Point. He went to Ironton due to a custody issue. The other two sophomores were coaxed into coming by one of South Point's assistant coaches last year. One of them is his brother and his brother's friend.
One may or may not play football but the other is a football player. Kinda hard to swallow when the WHOLE South Point Community practically raised the one sophomore and his three brothers. SP people payed their registrations bought them equipment,uniforms and shoes, took them to practices and games in not only football but soccer, baseball, track and boy scouts activities. Not to mention feeding them. one family even gave an older son a car to drive. and yes I too was one of those people. :evil:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

unclebob wrote:The Webb boys are also past Pointers but they did at least move into the I ronton district. the JR we got from Ironton went to Elementary and most of middle school at South Point. He went to Ironton due to a custody issue. The other two sophomores were coaxed into coming by one of South Point's assistant coaches last year. One of them is his brother and his brother's friend.
One may or may not play football but the other is a football player. Kinda hard to swallow when the WHOLE South Point Community practically raised the one sophomore and his three brothers. SP people payed their registrations bought them equipment,uniforms and shoes, took them to practices and games in not only football but soccer, baseball, track and boy scouts activities. Not to mention feeding them. one family even gave an older son a car to drive. and yes I too was one of those people. :evil:
Thanks for your feedback, didn't the one Sophomore receive a neck injury in the 8th grade that prevents him from playing Football or did I hear wrong? I did hear that he plays Basketball though. The Webbs have lived in Ironton for quite some time now, the 2 playing this year was in grade school when they moved to Ironton. I hear South Point is looking pretty good this year and did well in their 7 on 7 the other day. By the way I live in South Point, Go Pointers.....

Osu1fan
Waterboy

Post by Osu1fan »

How will the transfer rule work. Is it 50% of the games this year for the both of them? Also one still has not moved from SP and even though he went to Ironton in the spring. That would violate OHSAA rules? Have transfers been investigated by OHSAA, I heard they were reported for being recruited and offered to be driven to Ironton to play. Just a sad state for this to keep happening to are local area. These are facts, not made up out of resentment. I could see some elgibilty coming up for the 2 of them. Hope Ironton does the right thing and has all the paperwork and living arrangements checked out before the play a down or quarter.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

If South Point would have hired Triplett these kids would not leave South Point. I would bet to say that a few kids from Ironton might have went to South Point.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

If South Point would have hired Triplett these kids would not leave South Point. I would bet to say that a few kids from Ironton might have went to South Point.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

The title of this thread is wrong its not about Ironton football its about people whining about kids transferring.

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

the kid from coal grove that transferred is a sophomore who has great height 6 4" I'm guessing. He was a really good basketball player in the 8th grade but didn't finish basketball last season for the Hornets. He played football football last year as an end.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Tigercannon, isnt that like the pot callin the kettle black. Nobody whiiiinns like you buddy, nobody. You win the award fosho.lol

I heard Tigers are gonna be hard to beat this year, just like last year. Question: do they got another Lewis to get them outta all the messes(losses) they would of had last year if not for that kid? Wow he was a game changer.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Fun fun! Yea, Ima gonna get to see the Burg Ironton game this year. I agree with urban, this new staff hasnt proved anything to me. :shock:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

unclebob wrote:the kid from coal grove that transferred is a sophomore who has great height 6 4" I'm guessing. He was a really good basketball player in the 8th grade but didn't finish basketball last season for the Hornets. He played football football last year as an end.
Looking at Coal Groves Roster from last season he is listed at - 6'4 - 150 lbs
Looking at South Points Roster from last year one is listed as a RB 5'9 155 lbs and the other is listed as a QB at 5'9 125 lbs

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Osu1fan wrote:How will the transfer rule work. Is it 50% of the games this year for the both of them? Also one still has not moved from SP and even though he went to Ironton in the spring. That would violate OHSAA rules? Have transfers been investigated by OHSAA, I heard they were reported for being recruited and offered to be driven to Ironton to play. Just a sad state for this to keep happening to are local area. These are facts, not made up out of resentment. I could see some elgibilty coming up for the 2 of them. Hope Ironton does the right thing and has all the paperwork and living arrangements checked out before the play a down or quarter.
Recruited.....??? - According to unclebob an Assistant Coach from South Point coaxed them to go to Ironton and it seems like he knows!!!

I don't think going from one school to another violates any OHSAA Rules, he hasn't played any sports yet. The 50% rule is in effect and I know one for sure will have to sit out 1/2 of the regular season games according to OHSAA's new Bylaw.

Return to “Football”