Trimble suffers worst defeat

ucantcme
Freshman Team

Trimble suffers worst defeat

Post by ucantcme »

Trimble suffers worst defeat. Not from one of their rivals or from a loaded state bound team. Not from an injury suffered to key players but from thier very own community. Though they may show up on friday night full of Tomcat Pride they didnt show up at the voting booth with the same vigor. Last night their levy that thier school districts existance may very well depend on was voted down. Only 738 votes were cast on such an important issue. I know there are more fans at Tomcat stadium on friday nights. Did the Tomcat community turn the lights out forever at Tomcat stadium???

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Re: Trimble suffers worst defeat

Post by Titletown TVC »

Its all part of the master plan. trimble shuts down. Trimble students are sent to nelsonville. Nelsonville petitions to join SEOAL. The new school, aka Glousterville BuckCats, win the SEOAL every year.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Titletown TVC wrote:Its all part of the master plan. trimble shuts down. Trimble students are sent to nelsonville. Nelsonville petitions to join SEOAL. The new school, aka Glousterville BuckCats, win the SEOAL every year.
Even a combined school of NY and Trimble would still be about the same size as Athens and VC - if not smaller ... there would be no reason to join the SEOAL.

About the levy ... major bummer, they need to figure something out quick!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Titletown TVC wrote:Its all part of the master plan. trimble shuts down. Trimble students are sent to nelsonville. Nelsonville petitions to join SEOAL. The new school, aka Glousterville BuckCats, win the SEOAL every year.
Welcome to the new SEOAL Northeastern Athens Co School System. Disappointed in the people of Trimble School Area!

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

moonshine wrote:
Welcome to the new SEOAL Northeastern Athens Co School System. Disappointed in the people of Trimble School Area!

Don't be disappointed in us All Those of Us who care tried our hardest to get it passed, But sadly TOMCAT PRIDE isn't what it used to be. But Us Die hard Trimble alum will get our kids through this some how someway

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Sad

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Sad thing about this, I understand it would cost less than .30 a day.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

does this mean the end of the school district and consolidation with Nelsonville? If so Nelsonville will become even more of a powerhouse.

Broad Street
Riding the Bench

Post by Broad Street »

If Trimble ceases to exist, many kids will go to Nelsonville, some will go to Athens, Miller, Morgan, etc.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

i'm actually surprised at the fact that schools like trimble have survived as long as they have. Being so small and in such poor areas and all. I look for a rash of state mandated school consolidations in the near future.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

It's odd that I can remember people talking about a Trimble consolidation when I was in HS in the mid 90s (and maybe even before that). It would be interesting for it to finally happen...

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

Is consolidation really what is at stake as the result of this levy going down? When would this happen? We need for there to be a Trimble. Makes our conference better.

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

First things first: They need to change the way they are presenting the levy. Many people resent how it has been presented, so until they change that there is little chance it will pass. Also, communication has been poor, hence the low turn out and the fact that people think "permanent levy" means forever. They need to communicate better.

The wake up call will come if a consolidation is ever seriously considered. Go ahead and join Athens City and pay that 62.04 mils compared to the 29.42 you are paying now, and while your at it throw in the Athens City School tax on top of that. I think when people realize this, they will gladly vote for a measly 5 mil levy.

However, someone needs to effectively communicate all of this, and to this point that has not been accomplished.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

I smell bad wrote:First things first: They need to change the way they are presenting the levy. Many people resent how it has been presented, so until they change that there is little chance it will pass. Also, communication has been poor, hence the low turn out and the fact that people think "permanent levy" means forever. They need to communicate better.

The wake up call will come if a consolidation is ever seriously considered. Go ahead and join Athens City and pay that 62.04 mils compared to the 29.42 you are paying now, and while your at it throw in the Athens City School tax on top of that. I think when people realize this, they will gladly vote for a measly 5 mil levy.

However, someone needs to effectively communicate all of this, and to this point that has not been accomplished.
Sorry to hear this failed. I have to agree with I smell bad on his viewpoint, especially with the second paragraph. I would rather pay an additional 5 mills that stays in the Trimble district vs paying an additional 32 mills that would go into Athens City and the possibility of a long, daily bus ride for Trimble students.

A lot would need to happen prior to any consolidation but the lack of local support moves you only closer to it happening.

In this day and age, any levy ends up being "permanent", even the temporary levies.

Best wishes to the Trimble levy backers in a new levy proposal to the voters.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

If consolidation happens, my money says it will be with Nelsonville-York

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

Orange and Brown wrote:If consolidation happens, my money says it will be with Nelsonville-York
That won't happen unless you people let go of the obsession of saying "York" when ever mentioning your school. :lol:

Still makes no sense to pay 31 mills compared to what they are paying now, and adding buses and fuel cost onto that as well as travel time for the kids. So if you are putting money on anything I would put it on no consolidation if I were you.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

I smell bad wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:If consolidation happens, my money says it will be with Nelsonville-York
That won't happen unless you people let go of the obsession of saying "York" when ever mentioning your school. :lol:

Still makes no sense to pay 31 mills compared to what they are paying now, and adding buses and fuel cost onto that as well as travel time for the kids. So if you are putting money on anything I would put it on no consolidation if I were you.
Mr. Smell, it to bad BUT take it to the bank! Consolidation will happen! and the buckcats will move to the SEOAL.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Can see the new name no Trimble-York or Nelsonville-Trim lol just joking folks.
Hope Trimble and their fans realize what is at stake by not voting is all.

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

Shine, I don't remember anything you ever predicted on here actually coming to fruition. In fact, usually the opposite of what you predict ends up happening. So just the fact that you keep saying consolidation, and have been for several years, is comforting to the folks from Trimble. :lol:

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

I smell bad wrote:Shine, I don't remember anything you ever predicted on here actually coming to fruition. In fact, usually the opposite of what you predict ends up happening. So just the fact that you keep saying consolidation, and have been for several years, is comforting to the folks from Trimble. :lol:
Mr. Smell, If a school system fails to meet there obligation and responsibility the state will take over the school system and consolidation will happen! Let's hope the citizens pull there heads out of there ??? and vote this levy in the next time!

Return to “Football”