Riding the Bench

WAVERLY FOOTBALL

Post by waverlyfan2012 »

WHAT u thoughts on up coming season

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Re: WAVERLY FOOTBALL

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

Any more about Waverly wanting to go to the SVC??

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Exciting times at Waverly. This was desperately needed. Just in time for a pretty darn good football team. The soccer team will be rebuilding it appears. Sure is nice to have a BOE that gets things done and isn't afraid to make bold decisions.

http://www.newswatchman.com/news/articl ... 7ca2b.html

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'd like to see the waverly program get hitting on all cylinders again. I'd love to see some ironton/waverly games again myself. back when I played they were in the SEOAL together.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The turf is going to look amazing. Switched from going with black end zones (original plan) which looked awesome to orange so they could make the soccer lines black instead of orange. "Waverly" in one end zone and "Tigers" in the other. Tiger Paw at midfield. Moving the scoreboard, new lights, installation of the brick honor wall and more. Gonna be very, very sweet come game time.
Looking for a donor to buy a Tiger Head tunnel the players run through. These cost around $5,000/$6,000.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

toast wrote:Exciting times at Waverly. This was desperately needed. Just in time for a pretty darn good football team. The soccer team will be rebuilding it appears. Sure is nice to have a BOE that gets things done and isn't afraid to make bold decisions.

http://www.newswatchman.com/news/articl ... 7ca2b.html

Positive new indeed. However reading the NW article I got the sense that the funding for the turf project is not 100 percent guaranteed, but rather depends on some slight of hand by borrowing against "future" energy savings. I am sure the BOE has covered all angles of the transaction and are moving forward with confidence. Yet
I am reminded that Chesapeake's football stadium renovation project was delayed a few years ago when their BOE ran into problems with back door state funding.
The youth of Waverly deserve safe modern facilities, I hope the project comes to fruition.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I guess you could say I'm a double tiger fan now. I lived 50 years in Lawrence county. been an ironton tiger fan since the womb, and played there. now in 2010 we moved to lake white, and waverly tiger country. so I will root for both unless they play each other. then I'm rooting for the fighting tigers. I hope waverly has a great season as well, I can't wait to drive by and see their new digs.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Omega wrote:Positive new indeed. However reading the NW article I got the sense that the funding for the turf project is not 100 percent guaranteed, but rather depends on some slight of hand by borrowing against "future" energy savings. I am sure the BOE has covered all angles of the transaction and are moving forward with confidence. Yet
I am reminded that Chesapeake's football stadium renovation project was delayed a few years ago when their BOE ran into problems with back door state funding.
The youth of Waverly deserve safe modern facilities, I hope the project comes to fruition.
It sounds like they are moving ahead to dig up the old field and start excavation, which they HOPE will force the school to spend money they COULD save in the future. I agree that the field needs improvements, but I am not sure this was the appropriate way to get them done.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

^^^

The BOE has done their homework. To continue to throw good money at the current grass field would have literally been throwing money down the drain. Too much traffic on the field these days with both soccer and football to maintain an adequate field. This was the right decision both from a practical and financial viewpoint.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Way too much money being spent the last few years on the grass (mud). The last half of the season (past couple years) has been awful. This is the absolute right decision.
Can't wait to start taking photos of the progression. I heard the sprinkling system is coming out any day, to be used on the practice field.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

SMURRAY WE NEVER THOUGHT WE'D EVER SEE FIELD TURF AT TANKS MEMORIAL STADIUM IN IRONTON EITHER, BUT IT LOOKS AWESOME, AND WILL BE SO MUCH MORE DURABLE.I'VE NOT SEEN THE TURF OVER THERE YET, I'LL HAVE TO DRIVE OVER.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Did Waverly get their schedule filled?

EagleFan89
JV Team

Post by EagleFan89 »

smurray wrote:Did Waverly get their schedule filled?
Yes

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

what is their schedule.

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Post by caldwellbasketball »

They travel to Caldwell for a week 5 game on a Saturday evening.

EagleFan89
JV Team

Post by EagleFan89 »

Waverly 2015
8/28 H Piketon
9/4 A Zane Trace
9/11 H Unioto
9/19 A Ridgedale
9/26 A Caldwell
10/2 H Valley
10/9 A Wheelersburg
10/16 A Portsmouth West
10/23 H Minford
10/30 H Portsmouth

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

thanks.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The SVC ought to just go ahead and let us in. We're playing the BIG SVC schools in basketball already. Pretty decent schedule, didn't get much easier with the exception of dropping Jackson.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Excavation has begun on the field to make way for turf - CANT WAIT!!!
The high jump and long jump areas have been torn up and the sprinkler heads removed.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Very very sad that they have just thrown away the track season! No practice and no meets and can get nothing done about the horrible condition the track is in! Pathetic!

Return to “Football”