Thoughts on the PVC this year?

F-54
Waterboy

Thoughts on the PVC this year?

Post by F-54 »

Thoughts on the PVC this year? Who's going to be on top?

PVC MAN
JV Team

Re: Thoughts on the PVC this year?

Post by PVC MAN »

1. MC- lost a lot of skill players but still think Jays boys will be the team to beat this year.

2. Caldwell- I think last year was a fluke and should come back down to the real world but still will win 7 or 8 games.

3. FF - looks like they could win 8 games and might finish ahead of the skins.

4.Frontier- got the skill players but won't be used the right away again this year

5. BT- would finish last but the Zeps have that spot.

6. Zeps- not very good again

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I thought Shenandoah was def on the up last yr with young players and Jr Rb Vanfossen.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Agree - Shenandoah didn't look too bad at Fort Frye in week 9.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

1. Caldwell-They won it last year and lost pretty much nobody. The only teams in the league that can keep it within 4 scores will potentially be Central and Fort because they are so well coached. This team returns multiple all-state performers on both sides of the ball. They were a fourth down TD pass on the last play in the second round against Trimble (and a bad spot on the goal line) from a likely final four berth. Clark and Lori have been starting and producing big time since they were freshman as have many others. This team has won in the playoffs and regular season and will continue that this year. I would imagine they are the favorite in the region as well.

2. Central-Good line, solid qb and a great coach. Another playoff season for the Seminoles.

3. Fort-Very well coached and very consistent.

4. Frontier-Good athletes, will be competitive with everyone.

5. Shenandoah-Good coach coming in and a good running back. In a few years they will be the team to beat.

6. Trail-Leaving a league they can't win in for a league they will never win in sometime in a year or two.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Have to agree on Buckeye Trail leaving for a league it'll never win in.
Caldwell (on paper) has to be the favorite, but never count out Monroe Central if they add in any athletes who transfer in from Beallsville.
Will be interesting to see which former Blue Devils become Seminoles. Anyone hear of any besides the Mercer kid?

getright
Riding the Bench

Post by getright »

Upcoming senior, levi phillips ive heard is transferring to Monroe Central. Started at QB for beallsville his sophomore year when they made playoffs and played Trimble. He is an athlete and should help on both sides of the ball

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

I see the league as 3 different levels of teams right now.

The top: Caldwell and Monroe Central

The middle: Fort Frye and Frontier

Rebuilders: Shenandoah and Buckeye Trail

MC Noles SportsFan
Freshman Team

Post by MC Noles SportsFan »

MCdude wrote:Upcoming senior, levi phillips ive heard is transferring to Monroe Central. Started at QB for beallsville his sophomore year when they made playoffs and played Trimble. He is an athlete and should help on both sides of the ball
...but he didn't play his junior year.
I'm not saying he wouldn't be a nice addition, but not sure about him playing.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

MCdude wrote:Upcoming senior, levi phillips ive heard is transferring to Monroe Central. Started at QB for beallsville his sophomore year when they made playoffs and played Trimble. He is an athlete and should help on both sides of the ball
Could make a decent backup to the top QB in the league( Hooper).

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Interested to see what Fort Frye does at QB they can play Jr Kacey Lewis there or they can go ahead with the future QB Tate Engle. Fort Frye returns a lot from the talented soph class they could be realy fun to watch. Be interesting to see if former all leaguer Derek Layton decides to play after quitting last yr. Cadets also could use WR Garrett Lockery at QB. Returning RB Clay Baker, and RB / WR Brady Carpenter should also be good. Cadets won't be on Caldwell level but 7 or 8 wins is possible.

MC Noles SportsFan
Freshman Team

Post by MC Noles SportsFan »

PVC MAN wrote:
Could make a decent backup to the top QB in the league( Hooper).

Mercer could probably back up Hooper, although I don't think he really wants to be QB.
Phillips leaning more to the not playing side, like I said, he didn't play his Jr. year

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

EasternDspy wrote:Interested to see what Fort Frye does at QB they can play Jr Kacey Lewis there or they can go ahead with the future QB Tate Engle. Fort Frye returns a lot from the talented soph class they could be realy fun to watch. Be interesting to see if former all leaguer Derek Layton decides to play after quitting last yr. Cadets also could use WR Garrett Lockery at QB. Returning RB Clay Baker, and RB / WR Brady Carpenter should also be good. Cadets won't be on Caldwell level but 7 or 8 wins is possible.
Kacey played really well from the running back spot last year. Not sure who else can hold down QB, but I would hope they don't need to move Kacey there.

sportsfan
JV Team

Post by sportsfan »

:) Maybe the PVC should offer Beallsville again. They will have a very difficult time finding games in every sport at this time of the year, good luck Beallsville go blue.

MrSider
Riding the Bench

Post by MrSider »

PVC MAN wrote:1. MC- lost a lot of skill players but still think Jays boys will be the team to beat this year.

2. Caldwell- I think last year was a fluke and should come back down to the real world but still will win 7 or 8 games.

3. FF - looks like they could win 8 games and might finish ahead of the skins.

4.Frontier- got the skill players but won't be used the right away again this year

5. BT- would finish last but the Zeps have that spot.

6. Zeps- not very good again

How is winning every game and losing to trimble in 2nd round playoffs by forth down score a fluke for Cladwell..
Zeps- Van fossen is a tank ....+ great coach coming in

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Trail and Shenandoah now D7 and it will hurt Fort and Monroe in terms of playoff points. Curious to see if Fort Frye runs with freshman Tate Engle at QB and lets him learn or leans run heavy with Lewis at QB. RB could be the Cadets deepest spot with Lewis , Brady Carpenter and Clay Baker. Cadets are loaded with Jrs Skill guys Carpenter , Lewis , Pritchard, Baker , And Garrett Lockery. Have not heard how the boys have been in the weight room but they do return 4 lineman that started a game last yr. I don't think they have huge lineman but the team is quick. I say 7 wins with 9 possible next seasons

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

It's looking like Fort Frye will have a freshman at QB in Tate Engle. Also the Line is looking good SR Anthony Winters is up 30 lbs to 240 plus Garrin Knotts and Zachary Hupp bring a ton of experience.

OUCH
Riding the Bench

Post by OUCH »

I am missing the great coaching at Shenandoah, is Jay circosta coaching them?

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

buckeyes009 wrote:I am missing the great coaching at Shenandoah, is Jay circosta coaching them?
I believe they're referring to the fact that Wells, former coach at Meadowbrook and Shenandoah graduate is taking over the helm there.

OUCH
Riding the Bench

Post by OUCH »

Ok have not followed Meadowbrook much ever.

Return to “Football”