Greatest Coach In Your Program's History

linedrive
Freshman Team

Greatest Coach In Your Program's History

Post by linedrive »

Who is the greatest coach in your school's history?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Greatest Coach In Your Program's History

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

without a doubt for the ironton fighting tigers bob lutz. the winningest high school coach in ohio high school football history.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

so needless to say he was Ohio's best ever high school football coach, the numbers prove it.

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

Dale Amyx from Logan.

fanhavingfun
Waterboy

Post by fanhavingfun »

Dave Lucas, no questions asked. Still not sure why he was sent packing.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:so needless to say he was Ohio's best ever high school football coach, the numbers prove it.
The question was the greatest coach in your Programs History...... There have been a lot of great coaches in the state of Ohio, to say one is the all-time greatest would be impossible.....

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Dave Boston Sr. His state championship proves it. Now if Davey ever wins one then he could surpass his dad.

linedrive
Freshman Team

Post by linedrive »

The Guvna wrote:Dave Lucas, no questions asked. Still not sure why he was sent packing.
IMO, toss up between him and James "Red" Dutey. Hard to argue against a .926 winning percentage, and an offer to become the assistant head coach at Ohio State under Woody Hayes, turning it down to become the Superintendent at Coal Grove.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens, I would say Don Eskey with 78 wins but have to go with Ryan Adams. 66 wins. 3 regional championships appearances, one state runner up, highest scoring offense in Ohsaa history, 5 division 1 football players, 1 mr football, and two time D3 coach of the year in 8 years

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Athens, I would say Don Eskey with 78 wins but have to go with Ryan Adams. 66 wins. 3 regional championships appearances, one state runner up, highest scoring offense in Ohsaa history, 5 division 1 football players, 1 mr football, and two time D3 coach of the year in 8 years
Hmmmm, did Eskey have 5 D1 players and a Mr. Football on any of his teams for 3 years? If not, that might make a difference? Just sayin...

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Well they didn't have Mr football back then and Eskey had a few college players and two NFL players, Todd synder and Dave Green

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ground Buck wrote:
RAIDER6309 wrote:Athens, I would say Don Eskey with 78 wins but have to go with Ryan Adams. 66 wins. 3 regional championships appearances, one state runner up, highest scoring offense in Ohsaa history, 5 division 1 football players, 1 mr football, and two time D3 coach of the year in 8 years
Hmmmm, did Eskey have 5 D1 players and a Mr. Football on any of his teams for 3 years? If not, that might make a difference? Just sayin...
Adams was 10-0 in 2011 without any D1 players too - and 9-1 in 2009 with just one (Vinnie Ryder) just sayin.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

i don't know if any of them played D1 college but Rider,Sharp,Schwarzel,Sorrell,Russell,Stanley to name a few were some pretty darn good players for that 2011 team,I know Rider got some looks, but don't know if he went anywhere.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Logan has had some pretty good coaches over the years. Mr. Dale Amyx is my pick.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

C-Bolt wrote:i don't know if any of them played D1 college but Rider,Sharp,Schwarzel,Sorrell,Russell,Stanley to name a few were some pretty darn good players for that 2011 team,I know Rider got some looks, but don't know if he went anywhere.
He played for Navy a couple years. Ian Dixon is by far the best from those teams now. He put in his time and looks like a starter or getting a lot of time this year on OU. Wish more kids from SEO had a work ethic like that

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Trenchfoot wrote:Logan has had some pretty good coaches over the years. Mr. Dale Amyx is my pick.
Trenchfoot. My vote is for Clarence Parry the coach who turned around the program in the mid 80's and also help develop Coach Amyx football knowledge and style! Others are:

Mel Adams
Bob Boyton
Tom Bender
just to mention a few!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

LHS 72 wrote:
Trenchfoot wrote:Logan has had some pretty good coaches over the years. Mr. Dale Amyx is my pick.
Trenchfoot. My vote is for Clarence Parry the coach who turned around the program in the mid 80's and also help develop Coach Amyx football knowledge and style! Others are:

Mel Adams
Bob Boyton
Tom Bender
just to mention a few!
Yep, they was all very good coaches but haven't seen a coach run a defense like Amyx did. It was lights out with his defenses and he was at the helm the longest. So that makes him my pick for Head Chief imo.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Agree with Amyx! I doubt any other Logan coach worked as hard as he did studying film trying to figure out the other teams pre snap looks and tendencies for his defenses to counter with.Very few teams could move the ball consistently with him there because his players knew what was coming most of the time.He also once said he took a little from all the coaches before him including Perry,Coate,and Snipes.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:Agree with Amyx! I doubt any other Logan coach worked as hard as he did studying film trying to figure out the other teams pre snap looks and tendencies for his defenses to counter with.Very few teams could move the ball consistently with him there because his players knew what was coming most of the time.He also once said he took a little from all the coaches before him including Perry,Coate,and Snipes.
He was one he(( of a wrestling coach as well. Very good record when he was at the helm of that for the Chiefs. But he loved and took pride in all he did. I loved his physical type, get to the ball quick, and smack ya in the mouth defenses. Heard lots of bone crunching hits every Friday night and seen many teams have to punt deep in their own territory many times in games. He'd be on the sidelines with that killer look in his eyes every time. He loved every minute of it. Didn't he play college ball himself Bolt? I think he was a linemen somewhere. Can't remember but he was always a pretty good sized fella and still is. You could tell he hit the weights in his free time.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Trenchfoot wrote:
C-Bolt wrote:Agree with Amyx! I doubt any other Logan coach worked as hard as he did studying film trying to figure out the other teams pre snap looks and tendencies for his defenses to counter with.Very few teams could move the ball consistently with him there because his players knew what was coming most of the time.He also once said he took a little from all the coaches before him including Perry,Coate,and Snipes.
He was one he(( of a wrestling coach as well. Very good record when he was at the helm of that for the Chiefs. But he loved and took pride in all he did. I loved his physical type, get to the ball quick, and smack ya in the mouth defenses. Heard lots of bone crunching hits every Friday night and seen many teams have to punt deep in their own territory many times in games. He'd be on the sidelines with that killer look in his eyes every time. He loved every minute of it. Didn't he play college ball himself Bolt? I think he was a linemen somewhere. Can't remember but he was always a pretty good sized fella and still is. You could tell he hit the weights in his free time.
OU, and yes Amyx, since he serve the longest! But I would add if the others I mentioned would have served as long, they would have good records also.

Return to “Football”