Coal Grove Football 2015

linedrive
Freshman Team

Coal Grove Football 2015

Post by linedrive »

This morning at 12:01am, Coal Grove took the field for the first official practice of the season, with fans in the stands. Watching this practice I walked away impressed. First year coach Brian Kidd has done a fantastic job in instilling belief and more importantly, discipline for his new team. I expect great things for the Grove this year.
08/28: Pleasant
9/4: Valley
9/11: Portsmouth West
9/18: @ South Point
9/25: @ Rock Hill
10/2: Fairview (Homecoming)
10/9: Ironton
10/16: Fairland
10/23: @ Portsmouth
10/30: Chesapeake

robycop3
All State

Re: Coal Grove Football 2015

Post by robycop3 »

While I'm a Peake booster, CG has had a steady stream of good athletes and great community support. From what i hear, they haven't taken their foot off the gas one bit.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO COACH KIDD IN HIS MAIDEN VOYAGE AS A GROVER.

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

One word can describe my thoughts on this season.. "Optimistic" I think we'll see a lot of good things this season but the schedule is concerning. But I still believe in the grovers and I think coach Kidd will get us in the right direction. Two things help win football games that I've heard we've seen early in the season. 1. discipline 2.conditioning with that being said I'm excited to get this season started! Go big grove!

Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

I thought there was a display of both discipline and conditioning Friday night.

Da - B - Unit
Waterboy

Post by Da - B - Unit »

I think the grovers will have a tough time this year but in the future they should b very good but i guess we'll have to wait and see how the fans if any will b divided the way the coaching staff was hired and fired but i wish coach kidd all the best and i haven' nothing but great things out of him soooo best of luck and keep the tradition going.........

linedrive
Freshman Team

Post by linedrive »

docw wrote:I thought there was a display of both discipline and conditioning Friday night.
I did find it funny how the fans started to stand and clap before the final conditioning drill. I (many fans said this as well) have not seen a well-conditioned Coal Grove team in years! This may break the streak! LOL
Last edited by linedrive on Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

linedrive
Freshman Team

Post by linedrive »

Matt52 wrote:One word can describe my thoughts on this season.. "Optimistic" I think we'll see a lot of good things this season but the schedule is concerning. But I still believe in the grovers and I think coach Kidd will get us in the right direction. Two things help win football games that I've heard we've seen early in the season. 1. discipline 2.conditioning with that being said I'm excited to get this season started! Go big grove!
I do agree with you Matt. I say 6-4 at the least, possibly stretching up to 8-2. I think the Ironton game will surprise a lot of people. Could go either way.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

GoBigGrover wrote:
Matt52 wrote:One word can describe my thoughts on this season.. "Optimistic" I think we'll see a lot of good things this season but the schedule is concerning. But I still believe in the grovers and I think coach Kidd will get us in the right direction. Two things help win football games that I've heard we've seen early in the season. 1. discipline 2.conditioning with that being said I'm excited to get this season started! Go big grove!
I do agree with you Matt. I say 6-4 at the least, possibly stretching up to 8-2. I think the Ironton game will surprise a lot of people. Could go either way.

now I like coach kidd and think he was great in jr high but this ironton game this year will be a 20+ point win for ironton

Da - B - Unit
Waterboy

Post by Da - B - Unit »

I think 6-4 is pushing it but they have a pretty tough schedule but like i said i think well b ok

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Great to hear the discipline and conditioning are there! If they could keep the kids from leaving, same with Rock Hill, maybe they could be a force in the OVC. Sure would like to see the level of competition rise in this league.

linedrive
Freshman Team

Post by linedrive »

local superstar wrote:Great to hear the discipline and conditioning are there! If they could keep the kids from leaving, same with Rock Hill, maybe they could be a force in the OVC. Sure would like to see the level of competition rise in this league.
Only 2 kids left, neither one of them were starters. There were 2 incoming fresh. that left as well, but they only would hurt the basketball program, IMO

Return to “Football”