Chesapeake Football 2015

robycop3
All State

Chesapeake Football 2015

Post by robycop3 »

Last year, after a shaky start, a Peake team with not much size came alive & vied for the OVC title. I understand that this year they will have some hoss-cat boys & much-better size on the line on both sides of the ball.

Any skinny on Andy's Dandies this year?

PantherPride
Varsity

Re: Chesapeake Football 2015

Post by PantherPride »

I'm not sure where you heard Chesapeake was going to have some "hoss-cat" type players. That's one thing that the Peake lacks, real size. But what they lack in size and depth they make up for in effort and experience. The Peake only lost 4 Seniors from last year's 6-4 team so I think confidence and expectations are fairly high. There's a good blend of linemen and skill players, and also a very good kicker. Numbers are about where they've been the last few years so staying away from injuries is key. All this is just one fans opinion. I'm just hoping for a better start than last year's 0-2, both being shutouts.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

I think Misteroby is speaking of Brad Meadows, Chandler Sexton, Jacob Johnson, Maccoy Brown and there is one more kid a junior I can't seem to think of his name at the moment. I would consider those boys pretty good sized lads or "hoss-cats". There is also a few good sized freshman and sophomore. Not to mention Cecil Fletcher is a pretty good sized running back. Don't be surprised if the Peake goes 6-4 or 7-3 with a shot at the conference championship. There is some good talent and some decent size on this team as long as they stay healthy they will have a good year. You can best believe they will be well coached and put in the right spots to make plays. I am excited for the new look OVC and IMO I forsee some upsets this season!

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

I think we just have different definitions of a hoss cat. I'm thinking over 6'3 and 250 and up. The kind of kids Coal Grove seems to always have on their line. But make no mistake, I'm excited about the season and think the Peake has a good chance of surprising a lot of people.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

looking forward to new rivalries starting with the fighting tigers this year

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Johnson is around 6'3 and every bit of 250-260
Sexton is about 5'11 and I'd say around 250
Meadows is pushing 6'7 and is arguably the strongest kid on the team
The kid I can't remember his name is a junior about 6'0 250
Brown is a running back at I'd say about 225 at least.
And you'll catch Johnson and Sexton out throwing hay on the weekends! This is the panthers biggest and strongest line in a few years!. These kids have been pushing eachother in the weight room. Ive heard there were days this summer when there was almost 40 kids lifting in the weight room! This is great! And yes Bait the OVC is going to be so much fun! Welcome to the OVC family!

Bear
Freshman Team

Post by Bear »

There are some embellishments on those numbers for the weights and heights.

buckeyes41
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes41 »

I agree, its always fun to see what people put in the rosters on how big these kids are. They are always smudge just A BIT!!

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

Bear wrote:There are some embellishments on those numbers for the weights and heights.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that. Maybe that's why I hear so many negatives comments from the "fans" in the stands when things aren't going well. They think our boys are bigger and faster than they really are. I've watched this group of Seniors since they were in elementary school and they haven't enjoyed a lot of success until last year. Always undersized and usually playing against kids a year older. I'm very proud that each and every one of them has stuck with it and not given up. They do play bigger than they actually are, so maybe that's where the embellishment of their sizes comes from. GO PEAKE!!

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Please tell me where these embellishments are?

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

dime-a-dozen wrote:Please tell me where these embellishments are?

Jacob is not 6'3", Chandler is not 5'11", and Brad is not 6'7". You've given Jacob and Brad about 2 inches and Chandler about 3 or 4. I'm not going to argue too much about the weights because that's harder to tell, but I know the heights pretty well.

05buckeye
JV Team

Post by 05buckeye »

Scrimmage schedule?

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Just from numbers and things I see on here and other sites. I have Chesapeake fighting for 2nd place in the Conference behind Ironton. I have them slightly higher than Coal Grove.
Ironton
Chesapeake
Coal Grove
Portsmouth
Fairland
Gallipolis
Rock Hill

We shall see...

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

05buckeye wrote:Scrimmage schedule?
Aug 11th @ Trimble 6pm
Aug 21st Tolsia @ Chesapeake 7pm (Jamboree game)

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

Panthers performed well on offense in the OVC Preview. Looks like they have a lot of different ways to score.

On defense, Chesapeake made a couple of nice stops vs Coal Grove in the Preview. Obviously, it's just one scrimmage, but it looks like the Panthers going to be an exciting team to watch this fall.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Looks about right to me.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK PANTHERS

Return to “Football”