All Conference

Re: Week 2 Waverly at Zane Trace

Post by vctransplant »

Taking ZT.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

The Pioneers made a statement with what many thought was a surprising win over Logan Elm. Waverly literally had to overcome themselves to end up beating their county rival Piketon.

The Tigers better clean up careless mistakes and capitalize whenever in the red zone, or this game could get ugly.

Either way, I'm taking ZT in this one, although I will be rooting for the SOC.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

#2 qb is slippery and fast trace
Ran alot of qb keepers around the ends
Stop him or slow him down and you got a shot

For the Kids
Freshman Team

Post by For the Kids »

ZT win over Logan Elm was not an upset even though it was the first time they ever beat them. The Pioneers have a lot returning from a 7-3 team last year and a couple other kids that just came out this year will help. If this game is close, I will be surprised. Zane Trace is a veteran, physical team that has some speed at the right positions.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Fredthestreak wrote:ZT win over Logan Elm was not an upset even though it was the first time they ever beat them. The Pioneers have a lot returning from a 7-3 team last year and a couple other kids that just came out this year will help. If this game is close, I will be surprised. Zane Trace is a veteran, physical team that has some speed at the right positions.
Right, also, coaches typically won't retire from a playoff team if they have a bunch coming back (IMO)

ZT will be extremely tough this season and I see them taking down the Tigers 35-16.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

The former coach retired from teaching because he was one of those guys that could get out with 30 years in 2015. If not, he would have to go to 60 years old. I don't think a potential playoff team or not had anything to do with him hanging them up.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

nice guy wrote:The former coach retired from teaching because he was one of those guys that could get out with 30 years in 2015. If not, he would have to go to 60 years old. I don't think a potential playoff team or not had anything to do with him hanging them up.
Not him.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Brutus7 wrote:Thoughts? Predictions?
From the SVC frying pan into the fire for the Tigers. The men of Kinnikinnick 28-13.

Big Red Hat
Waterboy

Post by Big Red Hat »

Not sure about ZT just know they will probably be strong up front and be typical ZT, and run down your throat. Hope the tigers can step up from last week. Zane trace is obviously pretty good. Who's the stud for ZT or is it just spread out

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Brutus7 wrote:Not sure about ZT just know they will probably be strong up front and be typical ZT, and run down your throat. Hope the tigers can step up from last week. Zane trace is obviously pretty good. Who's the stud for ZT or is it just spread out

At least 3 back from last year.
Dunkle (QB) extremely elusive and throws a nice ball
Rittenhouse is a burner
Love is a monster who is extremely tough to take down and is a great defender.

ZT has had a solid kicking game for some time now and I'd imagine that that is the same this year as well. Not many holes got the Pioneers.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Looks like Zane Trace has this one wrapped up.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

smurray wrote:Looks like Zane Trace has this one wrapped up.
Yep, and then they kickoff and play the game... :122249

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

smurray wrote:Looks like Zane Trace has this one wrapped up.

Great input! Someone asks for thoughts and predictions, like 4-5 people have given them and already the Waverly faithful are looking to drag some sort of bulletin board material out of it.

ZT beat a Division 3 playoff team from last year, some of us see that as impressive. If the Tigers need bulletin board material, then they are already beat. You play one game a week for 2 1/2 months, you should be fired up on your own for every single one of those.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

I like ZT in this as well, I think Waverly is one year a way from making some noise on its own though but will have a winning season this year.

Core group of upperclassmen at ZT that I have had an opportunity to be around at one time or another over the last 4-5 years in various sports that compete hard and I think will be the difference makers in this game and for the rest of the year as well.

My bet is ZT challenges Unioto and PV in the SVC, will be some good football games once they get into the league match-ups.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good luck to the waverly tigers.

For the Kids
Freshman Team

Post by For the Kids »

Yes, Logan Elm was a playoff team last year. I see maybe .500 for them this year.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Exactly, thoughts and predictions. According to the thoughts and predictions I read ZT has it wrapped up. I cant say what I think? I am one Waverly person making a statement based on what I read. No Waverly faithful trying to drag bulletin board material out of it.
The Tigers have some stuff to fix from Friday night and should they do that they'll compete with the Pioneers.
It took the Pioneers OT to beat, from what I heard, a Logan Elm team which is down this year. Only time will tell if the Braves are down.
I'm not at all diminishing the Pioneers win just as people shouldn't minimize the Tigers beating Piketon 9-8 on a last second FG. What the Tigers need to fix is the goal line offense. You cant get into the red zone 9 times and have it at the one several times and not score. Add to that two pics in the end zone, one from the 6 yard line on 1st and goal right before halftime. Considering that the Tigers feel pretty good about pulling that one out.

Big Red Hat
Waterboy

Post by Big Red Hat »

I'm going to take the Tigers by 6!

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

Zane Trace has things to fix also. Logan Elm had over 450 total yards.

Return to “Football”