Week 3 Athens @ Warren kickoff 7pm

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Week 3 Athens @ Warren kickoff 7pm

Post by Raider6309 »

Who gets their first win?
Last edited by Raider6309 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Re: Week 3 Athens @ Warren

Post by 86LancerLover »

Are you kidding, after watching the first two weeks of Warren Football, they are not very good!!!!! Not sure they will win a game.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

TheBarlowBandit wrote:Are you kidding, after watching the first two weeks of Warren Football, they are not very good!!!!! Not sure they will win a game.
Don't know how Athens will react to the blow out lost. I know Zanesville should win region 9 but they killed us at every aspect of the game.

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

Expect Athens to win the game, but nothing is a guarantee.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I'm going with the dogs in 3 OT's

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Athens get their first W..........Look for a shutout as long as the first unit is in.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

I'm going with Athens. Don't know what Warren has but it hasn't sounded good.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

3 OT's might be underestimating it. Warren won the battle but lost the war against Marietta. Much like Marietta did last year. PLayed well between the 20's. Gave up 14 late, really late in the 2nd qtr. Turned ball over to The Tigers and they capitolized, nuff said. Tackleing is absolutely horrendous. Offense was alittle better, still going thru growing pains, better get over that qiuck.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

ttt

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Rumor has it that there is dissention in the ranks. Don't know at what level, but sniping going on. Gotta get a handle on it quick. Kids are up-beat about game.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Bullpuppies by 30!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

A-Town.

ez_high
Waterboy

Re: Week 3 Athens @ Warren kickoff 7pm

Post by ez_high »

Warren is not very good and that was seen last night. Warren will likely go 0-10 from what I saw.

A few areas where they struggle.

Warren is slow. There was only one play where Bishop Ford ran down an Athens player. All other plays Warren was the slower team.
Warren needs to learn the fundamentals of tackling. One play, I counted 10 guys that it took to take down a smaller running back from Athens. The safety is 20 yards from the ball on a running play. He needs to come up and make a play. There was another play where a Warren defender was going at an Athens player for a tackle and he turned his head to see if anyone else was coming to tackle and of course by the time he turned his head back around the Athens player was past him.
Offense. If you can't throw the ball, run the ball. The qb for Warren made quite a few mistakes and he doesn't have much time to throw. If you are out of the pocket and there is running room to run for 3-4 yards, take it. Also, he needs to tuck the ball when two defenders are enclosing on him out of the pocket. Run the ball. Even if you go 3 and out, it won't be 47-0 at halftime.
X's and O's. There were many times when I knew the Athens play before they ran it due tot the formation and Warren didn't respond with the correct defense. The pitch right play for Athens went for 8+ yards every play and Warren never read it.

The only bright spot for Warren was the punter. He has a leg on him. Warren also had a good crowd on hand for how long this season will seem.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

It looked like Warren has a good running back. He needs more blocking.....if he did he could change a few games.

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

Could someone post a list of the warren coaching staff and positions they coach for me?

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

swamisez wrote:Could someone post a list of the warren coaching staff and positions they coach for me?
Let me know if you find out. I'm afraid I lost my contact for stats there (Jim Rhodes). Have not heard from him this season.

Return to “Football”