East (4-0) @ Valley (4-0)

coop
SEOPS

East (4-0) @ Valley (4-0)

Post by coop »

Valley had an open date, as did East so The Tartans and Indians hook back up after some years off. Valley lost a couple key players against Raceland, but the Indians still got the job done and came away with a big win against a KY final 4 team from a year ago.I look for 24 to be out this game, and 55 out for a little bit.

Valley needs to come out early and put this one away.

Valley 42
East 12
Last edited by coop on Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Agentsmith
Riding the Bench

Re: East (4-0) @ Valley (4-0)

Post by Agentsmith »

Spradlin will miss a few games then?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

agentsmith wrote:Spradlin will miss a few games then?
I'd guess 2-3 weeks. Dislocated Kneecap.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ouch!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

The Tartans want the Indians.

http://portsmouth-dailytimes.com/sports ... s-by-green

Careful what you wish for...

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

agentsmith wrote:Spradlin will miss a few games then?[/quote
chicken_coop wrote:The Tartans and Indians hook back up after some years off. Valley lost a couple key players against Raceland, but the Indians still got the job done and came away with a big win. I look for 24 to be out this game, and 54 out for a little bit.

Valley 42
East 12

spradlin is # 55

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

HItops wrote:
agentsmith wrote:Spradlin will miss a few games then?[/quote
chicken_coop wrote:The Tartans and Indians hook back up after some years off. Valley lost a couple key players against Raceland, but the Indians still got the job done and came away with a big win. I look for 24 to be out this game, and 54 out for a little bit.

Valley 42
East 12

spradlin is # 55
Mis-type, thanks for the correction.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Valley will destroy east...

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

Valley by 3+ scores. Only team of any caliber East has played is South Gallia and luckily for them that was 1st game of the year. Valley shuts Tartans down but I do believe they'll have a tough time going straight at East good thing for Valley they are more diversified then simply being stuck with a few plays.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I have family ties to East but to think they will beat Valley, that's a stretch. East has a fine team and could easily go 9-1.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

The problem is East's offense is only good enough to exploit middling 2nd and 3rd level defenses you see in 60-70% of D7 teams. They played their cards right against FC by going on the side that didn't have our #33 on it, and they just ate up the inexperience and lack of football intelligence our younger guys had. The presence of Brown for the Tartans, IMO, is what has them definitely at 4-0 and not possibly 3-1 or 2-2. Not to take anything away from their other solid players such as Scott, Hatcher, and Martin as well as their fine QB, but the presence of an athlete such as Brown in open space creates nightmares for most D-coordinators (at the level East plays at) that lack talent and especially depth. Sort of like how Jaelin Marshall is an unsung hero for Ohio State's offense. Brown is a superb athlete that you almost have to spy, but you can't commit to him if you have no one to stop the other studs from keeping you honest.

Valley has what none of the teams East has played to date have: depth and strong coaching that also benefits from said talent and depth. I imagine Valley is able to run more looks, and adjust on the fly quicker, on defense than anyone else on East's schedule will.

Some may say that one is underestimating the other, but in my personal opinion it really boils down to depth and coaching. Valley has twice the boys in the school (presumably this is the case with the team too?), twice - if not more - the recent tradition and truly a coaching staff that has been prepared with the tougher competition the Indians have faced the past few years in weeks 1-10 and 11, 12, and 13. No disrespect intended towards East as they have tough kids that give 101% and are a decent team in general and probably top 4 in Region 25. If they can limit mistakes, this game will be decided midway through the third quarter at the earliest. I wouldn't rule out the potential for an upset (see: Rock Hill/Chesapeake last night, Friday the 18th). If there were a ton of parity between both programs in all facets, then this game would've happened a few times more recently. A big kudos to both programs for getting this one together and to East for wanting it. To take on a team not many folks are giving you a chance in, despite the fact it raises your divisor so a loss hurts worse than nine games, is worth recognition.

Prediction
Valley 35
East 22 Have fun boys, win or lose soak in the environment and take away lessons that prepare you for the games that make or break your week 11 ambitions.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

chicken_coop wrote:
OUCH!! get well soon

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Valley will respect East as they would any team. East has done a great job this season. Imagine what they could have!!
I think the Indians (this year!!) will be too much. But let's remember Valley is division 6 and it's not a stretch that many div 7 schools could play with Valley.
East will be fired up. And the way this season has been in local high school football, the Indians better take every game seriously.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

chicken_coop wrote:
If you look it up 6-8 weeks to a full recovery

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

If Valley wants to they can name the score in this one. I look for them to win by at least 30 could be more if they want.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Despite Valleys injuries they are battle tested and they will regroup and they will not see another team on the schedule the rest of the regular season at the caliber of Raceland saying that they will move on to week 6 still undefeated.....

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

That's funny^^^^^^^^^

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

SPAMONY wrote:That's funny^^^^^^^^^
Really ..... care to elaborate on whats funny.....

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

SPAMONY wrote:That's funny^^^^^^^^^

My thoughts exactly.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Here4Fun wrote:Despite Valleys injuries they are battle tested and they will regroup and they will not see another team on the schedule the rest of the regular season at the caliber of Raceland saying that they will move on to week 6 still undefeated.....

I think he is laughing because Wheelersburg will clearly be at least as good as Raceland if not significantly better. Just because you watched Burg play one game against a terrible team that they clearly weren't "up for" doesn't mean they don't have an excellent team.

Return to “Football”