Week 5: Miller (4-0) @ Trimble (3-1)

indianabuck
All State

Week 5: Miller (4-0) @ Trimble (3-1)

Post by indianabuck »

Could this actually by for the TVC Hocking Championship. Miller does have a chance in this game, but Trimble will be favored.

oldschool
Freshman Team

Re: Week 5: Miller (4-0) @ Trimble (3-1)

Post by oldschool »

indianabuck wrote:Could this actually by for the TVC Hocking Championship. Miller does have a chance in this game, but Trimble will be favored.
Miller has a real chance in this one. If Trimble comes out flat like they have all year they will find themselves in big trouble.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I'm taking the Falcons!

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

O line and secondary needs to improve for the Cats

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

TheLot wrote:
indianabuck wrote:Could this actually by for the TVC Hocking Championship. Miller does have a chance in this game, but Trimble will be favored.
Miller has a real chance in this one. If Trimble comes out flat like they have all year they will find themselves in big trouble.
I just can't see the Cats coming out flat for this one.
Corning and Glouster a pretty close together and this game means something to both teams.
Hoping for a good old good one!

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
TheLot wrote:
I just can't see the Cats coming out flat for this one.
Corning and Glouster a pretty close together and this game means something to both teams.
Hoping for a good old good one!
Ah yes, the Burr Oak Bowl. Would love to see Miller go 5-0. Tomcats really haven't been in this long of a rut for a while. I'm sure the coaches see it, but the players probably just see it as W's and L's, no matter who they come against. I'm sure Trimble will come out with a lot of heart and pride, and maybe the absence of those two factors have contributed to the disappointing performance (not that 3-1 should be disappointing for any team, but the loss to NY and not blowing Waterford out I'd say didn't meet many folks' expectations of this squad so far). Miller is playing with house money. Who expected them to be 4-0? They weren't impressive in their scrimmages, and didn't blow out Waterford (I thought they had a good chance to win). But they've only turned it up since week 1. Shutout over Eastern (a shutout is a shutout, even if Eastern is struggling this first 1/2 the season), along with a convincing win over Southern. Their coaching staff is doing a great job, and I've liked what I've seen from them these past few years. But this time around, I truly think the maturity of this upperclassmen corps, along with a ton of confidence has flipped the script of recent memory. Even if they don't beat Trimble and/or Belpre, 8-2 is viable. 7-3 is good. Heck two wins vs Hannan & Fed would give them at minimum six wins. Kids are starting to see results and the younger kids now have a bar that's rising as the weeks go by.

GL Miller!

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

Trimble by 3 scores

BlackStar
Waterboy

Post by BlackStar »

I agree 3 maybe 4 as long as number 5,25,45 work on pass coverage this week instead of chest bumping.Waterford really not that good 3 long passes wide open stay with your man and this is a blow out.Trimble dont work this week on pass defense miller will make this a ball game.

oldschool
Freshman Team

Post by oldschool »

whompascat wrote:Trimble by 3 scores
If Trimble comes out playing like they are capable I can see winning by three scores. They only problem is that they are playing flat right now. There are kids walking and being lazy. I just don't see the fire in them right now. The Falcons will be fired up and will defeat the Cats if we play like we have been.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I have watched both this season. Trimble is the better of the two.
Though Miller if you allow to hang around will make it very tough on you.

I say based on what I picked up on these two, while watching in person, Trimble should win by 21 or more. I won't be shocked if it is closer.

Mtta75
Waterboy

Post by Mtta75 »

looking forward to a good clean game for the Battle of Burr Oak GO CATS

WCLfan
Waterboy

Post by WCLfan »

Trimble 41-6

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Tomcat70 wrote:Trimble 41-6
I can agree with you Tomcat70,though I believe Miller is a much improved team from years past I don't think they are ready to beat the Cats yet.Although I am hoping that somehow they could and Belpre beats them in week 7 and we can share the TVC title. Wishful thinking Cats 36 Falcons 14

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Cats!

fairlandboi'06
Riding the Bench

Post by fairlandboi'06 »

Trimble will give The Falcons a reality check this week. I understand Miller has won a few games but there is no chance they beat the Cats.

oldschool
Freshman Team

Post by oldschool »

Wizard wrote:Trimble will give The Falcons a reality check this week. I understand Miller has won a few games but there is no chance they beat the Cats.
Trimble better be ready! Miller is bringing the entire town with them and the Falcons will be fired up.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

TheLot wrote:
Wizard wrote:Trimble will give The Falcons a reality check this week. I understand Miller has won a few games but there is no chance they beat the Cats.
Trimble better be ready! Miller is bringing the entire town with them and the Falcons will be fired up.
All of Corning and Hemlock! lol

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Miller in an upset!

Mtta75
Waterboy

Post by Mtta75 »

wont even be close Running Clock in the 2nd Half CATS roll on Homecoming

BlackStar
Waterboy

Post by BlackStar »

I agree.At least the whole 4th QT if we play well.We have been spoiled last 3 years We are not a 50 or 60 point offense like in the past but still in the 30 to 40 point range if we play good football.The hocking Div. Is really bad this year.Look at our WV. Team in our league they are getting pounded.Miller has won 4 games that great and happy for them,but who have they really beat .Teams that are not very good plan and simple.Just have a feeling that they will be hungry Friday and take it out miller,hopefully I am right.If not will be closer then should be like Waterford game.But Trimble will still win and be ugly.

Return to “Football”